Ontario,Western New York, Northwest Pennsylvania and surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like if you can put up with my hacking all over the course!!

I may be in for Sunday as well. Maybe we can hit up Batavia or Terry Hills. I'll know tomorrow night for sure.

If you throwing up 81s in early May then I doubt it is hacking.

Any interest in Mill Creek on Sunday? $29 after noon.

All,

Not sure if you are aware, but Big Oak Driving Range in East Rochester, NY is going to host its annual Demo Weekend on June 1st and June 2nd. If you have never been to the weekend, it is definitely worth checking out. Every major golf manufacturer will be there and it is a lot of fun.

I plan on going to check out Titleist's new 712 Utility. I am interested in the 2 iron version of it.

Let me know if anyone is interested in checking it out and we can set something up and if we get a big enough group - maybe play a round afterwards.

I'm hoping to hit the range before work tomorrow and I'm playing Blueberry Hill on sat. Last weekend I was playing pretty well then I had a 4 hole stretch where idk what happened and was 10over on those holes, ended up shooting a 87. I was never known for blow ups like that but this year i'm struggling with it. Still early in the year though.

That has been my problem as well. In my last round I had 5 consecutive pars and then blew up on 2-3 holes. I couldn't explain it other than just lack of consistency. Have fun this weekend!

aaro, was looking at a callaway driver a few weeks back, big oak sounds good, but i have started hitting my driver well, going to stay with rbz for the summer. i might be in for a round after big oak, am sure jimmy would like to see whats new at big oak, i will get with him and see if we can make a road trip.

just remember everyone, "sometimes good putts don't go in the hole"

Just called and confirmed we're all set for 4pm tomorrow at LCC.

Jimmy - sounds good. I am confirmed to be leaving my house around 2:30-2:45ish to make it out there.

Maddog - Let's try to plan something out for Demo Day at Big Oak. I don't have any interest in buying anything, but I like that I can go there, try an iron or wood out with the different shaft options that might not always be available at other locations. Some many different vendors there, it is worth checking out.

Jimmy - sounds good. I am confirmed to be leaving my house around 2:30-2:45ish to make it out there.

Maddog - Let's try to plan something out for Demo Day at Big Oak. I don't have any interest in buying anything, but I like that I can go there, try an iron or wood out with the different shaft options that might not always be available at other locations. Some many different vendors there, it is worth checking out.

OK, I'll be there, l'll be the fat guy with the blue Srixon hat.

Played Shadow Lake today, shot 45-45. My putting needs some serious improvement, but it is still early.

Got out for 9 today. 8-over due to 2 or three 3-putts. Putting is absolutely killing me this year. I could be an easy 8 handicap out of the gate if I was putting better. Man, time to start pondering a DLL.

Awesome! You should be fine leaving closer to 3 if you want. You'll get there around 330-345. I plan on getting there a tad early to hit some putts, maybe a few range balls.

I'm in for Big Oak. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for new equipment!

Played Shadow Lake today, shot 45-45. My putting needs some serious improvement, but it is still early.

Very early! Glad to hear you can make it out with us! 90 isn't bad at all. Tough to gauge putting around this time with the airiated greens. LeRoy's greens are improving for sure but not all that great.

I'll be the Rickie Fowler wanna be! By the way Shank my name is Jimmy but everyone calls me Shef. Amsmith61 is name Aaron, Maddog701 is my pop but his name is Mike! Really looking forward to meeting ya!

Got out for 9 today. 8-over due to 2 or three 3-putts. Putting is absolutely killing me this year. I could be an easy 8 handicap out of the gate if I was putting better. Man, time to start pondering a DLL.

Hang in there bud! Tough to gauge the putting this time of year. Greens aren't all that great of shape yet.

Hang in there bud! Tough to gauge the putting this time of year. Greens aren't all that great of shape yet.

Yeah, I'm gonna be experimenting with a new putting grip as mine isn't very stable. Have fun at LCC today!

Jimmy introduced everyone that's coming, but I should be playing with you guys at some point this year. My name's Casey, great to have you in the thread.

Hey all. New to the forum from Buffalo. Playing Diamond Hawk in Cheektowaga tomorrow. Probably my favorite public course in the greater Buffalo region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all. New to the forum from Buffalo. Playing Diamond Hawk in Cheektowaga tomorrow. Probably my favorite public course in the greater Buffalo region.

Welcome! Avatar shows lefty? That would make at least three here!

Welcome to THP! Great to have you here. In this thread we discuss where and how we played, event coming up in our area, getting together for some rounds and anything that involves that sort of thing. Jimmy (Six4three5), and Aaron (amsmith61) pretty much head up everything else going on here. I'm Casey, and me along with others are always here updating everyone with what's going on :)

Very nice. Thanks for the welcome. I'm Jeff, btw. And yes, I am another lefty. Look forward to getting to know you guys more.

And buckbug, I actually live in Lancaster also. Just outside the village.

Welcome Jeff! I'm glad you made it to this thread. Like Casey said we're always in here chatting golf, range, rounds, get togethers and everything in between. Myself, Aaron (amsmith), and Jim (shankasaurus?) Just finished up a round together! Enjoy your stay here at THP I know you will!

Aaron, Mike, and Jim all next to "Woody" here at LCC! Another great round! Wouldn't have the opportunity with two of these fine gentleman without THP!

yrepunas.jpg

And buckbug, I actually live in Lancaster also. Just outside the village.

Awesome, I live just outside of Lancaster.

Very nice. Thanks for the welcome. I'm Jeff, btw. And yes, I am another lefty. Look forward to getting to know you guys more.

Jeff, welcome to THP and welcome to the thread. It is a great bunch of guys on here and you will enjoy the conversation. Hopefully we can all join up this summer for a round. 3 lefties in a foursome might freak some people out.

Jeff, welcome to THP and welcome to the thread. It is a great bunch of guys on here and you will enjoy the conversation. Hopefully we can all join up this summer for a round. 3 lefties in a foursome might freak some people out.

Yup, not joining that round :)

Aaron, Mike, and Jim all next to "Woody" here at LCC! Another great round! Wouldn't have the opportunity with two of these fine gentleman without THP!

yrepunas.jpg

There is the saying that a bad of golf is a better than any day in the office. Well I can confirm after today that is true.

But I am also modifying the saying as any bad day of golf with some great THPers is far far better than any day at work. Couldn't find a rhythm all day and by end of round I was a mess. That being said, I had an absolute blast today.

Good to get out with Shef (six4three5) and Mike (Maddog). It was great to meet Jim (Shankapotomus).

Looking forward to the next round. It will be even better.

Last edited:
welcome Jeff, some great peolpe here and i had a chance to play a round with some of them today, we had a great time, I am the one in the middle of the pic that six4three5 posted, aaron is on the left and Jim is on the right, Jimmy took the pic. Now if i can just get rid of that sissy little fade i started to hit with the driver and i could hit my irons straight, and get a feel for the short game i might be a player lol. looking forward to some more get togethers this summer with some THPers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back