The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently thunder wakes the baby up. It has thunderstormed for the last 24 hours lol. :banghead:

Bah. Humbug.

If mother nature wakes up my baby one more time I'm going to be forced to retaliate. Paint down the store drains or a giant bonfire.

tumblr_inline_mjddy6jcUu1qiw26m.gif

This weather has been terrible, we haven't had as much as the Iowa guys but every day showers is getting old. I am on vacation this week and again rain every day, this golf season has been rough, one round so far this year.

I'm going to try to get out tomorrow. Depends on the lightning though.

I can't sleep, so I decided to have a late night bowl of cereal. It was delicious, however I'm not a milk drinker so I poured my left over milk in the sink. Which isn't normally an issue.

On an (seemingly) unrelated note, my garbage disposal went out, and my sink has been clogging. I removed the disposal to see if I could fix it, then decided to purchase a new one. My new one is purchased, but not yet installed.

So that bowl of milk I poured down the sink, I actually poured straight into the cabinet below my sink. That wasn't very fun.

I can't sleep, so I decided to have a late night bowl of cereal. It was delicious, however I'm not a milk drinker so I poured my left over milk in the sink. Which isn't normally an issue.

On an (seemingly) unrelated note, my garbage disposal went out, and my sink has been clogging. I removed the disposal to see if I could fix it, then decided to purchase a new one. My new one is purchased, but not yet installed.

So that bowl of milk I poured down the sink, I actually poured straight into the cabinet below my sink. That wasn't very fun.

No bucket? Always out down a bucket.

More importantly, what kind of cereal?

No bucket? Always out down a bucket.

More importantly, what kind of cereal?

Yep there was a bucket... I cleaned it out and left it outside to dry... It's just been that kind of day.

Frosted Mini Wheats, almost makes it all worth it.

Waking up at 3:45 am on a non work day for no apparent reason???:banghead:

Memorial Day in the USA today. Not speaking for any of the fellow THPers, but my grandfather (served in Korea and Vietnam) said that this "holiday" is not supposed to be happy. Somehow it has now become the official start of summer when it is supposed to be about mourning the loss of those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we are able to do what we do on a daily basis, HACK! Just wanted to thank all those service members past and present for their sacrifices and dedication. USA!

Having to work today. It was almost like a favor that they gave me Sunday off after being on the road for three weeks, thanks a ton.

Memorial Day in the USA today. Not speaking for any of the fellow THPers, but my grandfather (served in Korea and Vietnam) said that this "holiday" is not supposed to be happy. Somehow it has now become the official start of summer when it is supposed to be about mourning the loss of those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we are able to do what we do on a daily basis, HACK! Just wanted to thank all those service members past and present for their sacrifices and dedication. USA!

You're 100% correct. It's just like Mother's Day. The meanings of these two have been switched to fit the needs of modern society. However, I always felt the best way to mourn is with happy thoughts and activities. So spend the day with your family. Barbecue some burgers and dogs. Just live life, because there are thousands of people every year who will lose their lives serving this country before the next Memorial Day rolls around.

Solid rant.

Having to work today. It was almost like a favor that they gave me Sunday off after being on the road for three weeks, thanks a ton.

Did you get your check situation settled yet?

Yep there was a bucket... I cleaned it out and left it outside to dry... It's just been that kind of day.

Frosted Mini Wheats, almost makes it all worth it.

Best cereal ever

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Did you get your check situation settled yet?

Nope. One check is still lost in the mail, but pretty sure its wrong anyway, lol. Sent another email to payroll today.

I'm pretty sad right now. I was clipping my son's finger nails. Well, I caught a lot of skin on the tip of his thumb. He bled a lot and for a while. He threw up from crying so hard. I gave him a bath and put a bandaid on it. Then I held him until he fell asleep.

He'll be alright by the time he gets married (my grandpa used to say that). But still tore me up.

Blugold - I bet it hurt you way worse than it hurt him. I was babysitting my 4 month old granddaughter the other day and she flipped over and hit her eye on something on the floor and had her first boo boo. She screamed bloody murder until I picked her up and then was fine. I felt terrible and she had a big red spot above her eye. I was scared having to tell her mother that she might have a black eye. Thank goodness she had a good reaction to what happened and the spot was gone by the next morning.

Thanks Kelly. This isn't my first go around with kids and finger nails. But I never caught my daughter or son that bad.

He's just such a sweet little man. He doesn't deserve that bad of a morning.

He did get a bath though. That made him happy.

On Day 6 of whatever illness I caught last week. Ran errands for an hour this morning and came back home with zero energy at all. I'm tired of feeling this way. Oh yeah, I have to work tonight too.

I've worked all Memorial Day weekend, today included. I remember when I had holidays off. That was fun. Oh well, there's a silver lining. Saving all these holiday days that I worked and putting them to use on my THP Invitational getaways. Branson, Vegas, oh my.

I've worked all Memorial Day weekend, today included. I remember when I had holidays off. That was fun. Oh well, there's a silver lining. Saving all these holiday days that I worked and putting them to use on my THP Invitational getaways. Branson, Vegas, oh my.

I honestly have no idea if I was supposed to go to work today.

I didn't though.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I honestly have no idea if I was supposed to go to work today.

I didn't though.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Well played. Kelly is off at a family BBQ and I am getting ready to head to work for the day. BOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back