Staff Bags & Using Them

Can't say I like the TM bag mind you I don't often like one of their bags. I do like the embroidery but the design and colour's of the past few years they have had really bad bags.

THP was lucky enough to give away 3 US Open staff bags to our members and 1 Open Staff Bag. Rumor has it, we may give away another one too.
I love those kinds of rumors!!!

Just got my first staff bag today. Can't wait to use it. :D
uploadfromtaptalk1375920730729.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1375920748449.jpguploadfromtaptalk1375920760377.jpg

Staff bags were not meant for Jeeps....

u5amajug.jpg

The callaway 8.5's are getting hard to find, I may have to break down and get a 10 but I want the smaller one sooooo bad. I love my Titleist bag but it's so stuffed with callaway gear this year I want a new one.

Taptaptaparoo

I just want to go on record as saying there is no such thing as an ugly staff bag.

I would like to address the people who worry about "looking like a pro" then "playing like a hack" with a staff bag:

The one thing I learned playing goal (hockey) is to look as awesome as possible while playing goal. Heck, my gear is all custom, matching, and generally sweeeeeeet. Even if I can't stop a beach-ball, I LOOK good fishing the puck out of the net when I get scored on. I'm pretty sure I've played in charity games where people watching thought "Damn, look at him. He must be good. They probably told him to let in some and keep it close."

Looking good is something EVERYONE can do. Not enough time to practice? No problem, you can still look awesome. Can't hit a fairway to save your life? You can still look awesome in the rough.

Just say'n....

:banana:

My thoughts on staff bag pretty much mirror most of the others on here. When I was a kid learning to play the only guys I ever noticed with staff bags were the pros at golf courses. I always thought you really had to be a player to have one. My take on it has changed over the last few years as they have become more available and I see more players with them.

I used stand bags for years, mainly because of cost but also because they were just easier to deal with getting in and out of the trunks of my commuter cars or carrying them up to the driving range from the parking lot, etc. Since I moved last year and live on a golf course and have my own golf cart I got a cart bag.

I kicked around the idea of a staff bag for a while but I always balked on it because my club setup was always such a mishmash of brands. I've started thinking about it again recently since my bag is majority Cleveland now but I always have a hard time pulling the trigger.

I would like to address the people who worry about "looking like a pro" then "playing like a hack" with a staff bag:

The one thing I learned playing goal (hockey) is to look as awesome as possible while playing goal. Heck, my gear is all custom, matching, and generally sweeeeeeet. Even if I can't stop a beach-ball, I LOOK good fishing the puck out of the net when I get scored on. I'm pretty sure I've played in charity games where people watching thought "Damn, look at him. He must be good. They probably told him to let in some and keep it close."

Looking good is something EVERYONE can do. Not enough time to practice? No problem, you can still look awesome. Can't hit a fairway to save your life? You can still look awesome in the rough.

Just say'n....

Haha I couldn't agree with you more. I also played goal from youth through college. Always have to have the matching set!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I'm late to the party on this one, but I can't use it. >90% of my rounds are walking up here, there's no way I could do that. Someday in the future when I have a mancave or golf room at home, I'll display them.
Definitely not for walkers at all! When I decide to bench the Callaway stand bag, I'll be using the MC2 staff bag again.

I use the THP Stage 2 Staff Bag IER to promote this awesome place! People ask me all the time where I got the bag and I feel compelled to tell them about THP. Doing my part but I think I need business cards hmm......Do they have then in the THP Store?

I just want to go on record as saying there is no such thing as an ugly staff bag.

This one is almost as bad as that brown TaylorMade bag.

What's even worse, is someone dropped the ball on the proofreading! But it figures, since it's Daly's bag, so it really doesn't matter.

862--PLAYERS--JOHN-DALY--LOUDMOUTH--PILOT-TRAVEL-CENTERS--LOUDMOUTH-RED-ARGYLE---RED-GLITTER--BALL-POCKET-VIEW-1.jpg

That is an interesting bag... Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Wow thats pretty bad. I would have loved to see a Marlboro John Daly Staff Bag that would be epic.

Using my #THPMC Callaway bag tomorrow! Loaded it up with about 18 clubs!

I love the brown/beige/yellow of the Taylormade bag. I think the Cally one has awful colors. Like the TM one way better.

This brown bag looks like something that even Steve Stricker wears bolder colors than!

I love my Wilson staff bag it looks good even when I don't perform. I don't care that it grabs attention and don't care what others think about it. I like it and that's all that matters.

I look at it this way- I wear a nice shirt, shorts/pants when I play because I want to look good so why should my bag as well.

I would assume you would pick the staff bag based on your equipment in some manner. Anyone else think it would be weird to have a staff bag whose branding matched nothing in the bag? Would you choose more for irons, driver, wedges, etc..? Just curious...

Mine matched originally, but now it's a hodge-podge of different brands.

I used my Callaway staff bag until the Bridgestone one was put into play...now it will be the Bridgestone bag for the foreseeable future.

Been looking for one for my dad. Just need to find the right one for the right price.

Just say'n....

I like the way you think!! This had me laughing.

I want a TM staff bag so bad I can stand it. With that said the latest one is not my favorite they have done. Don't get me wrong, I'd still take it if presented with it!!

Back