Who makes the best clubs?

Who makes the best clubs?

• Total voters
Well said Thainer, Smalls, and TMod. I don't think any of the OEMs are the best. They all make good stuff.

Ive seen people who think their brands better than all brands. Taylormaders, Nike-ers, Callaway nuts, adams golf nuts, mizuno nuts, Titleist dudes. Every brand has their fanbase.

That being said, Titleist is appreciated for their "traditionalist" approach to the game. So much so, that their "traditionalist" fans self promote the "traditionalism" that Titleist looks for in a customer base. Titleist lovers, IMO are more passionate about their brand, and Ive seem them all. Followed by Nike, because of the whole TW thing.

Is there a bit of an elitist feel? Yeah. Does it bother me? Not unless its shoved in my face, and most times its not.

Some people wear Louis Vuitton, just because its Louis Vuitton, and Titleist has been able to attain that status and that fanbase. Not wrong by any means from Titleist. But their passionate fans are a little more passionate than most.

PS this doesnt go for people who play 1 titleist club. They make great stuff. But having driver through putter, with FJ shoes and titleist balls, saying that all other equipment is not as good, THAT is what Im referring to.

Hrumph.

Maybe its a regional thing, but around here I see way more head to toe TM\Adidas fanboys than I do Titleist\FJ fanboys

Might be. I'm in AZ and man do I see a lot of ping bags and titleist blades. I'm not saying its wrong haha, but some OEM's probably do have a bigger presence in some areas.

Might be. I'm in AZ and man do I see a lot of ping bags and titleist blades. I'm not saying its wrong haha, but some OEM's probably do have a bigger presence in some areas.

Ping is huge down here. Honestly lately I have been seeing a ton of TM clubs in people's bags compared to any other OEM.

Ping is huge down here. Honestly lately I have been seeing a ton of TM clubs in people's bags compared to any other OEM.

I think it would be really neat to see a map of the continent to see where each OEM has their markets. Kind of like how car manufacturers know (or think they know) where their cars will be selling.

It's interesting that Callaway has gotten no votes so far, I see more of those sticks in bags than any other OEM. Taylormade is certainly a close second around these parts.

The evolution of Taylormade in the past 10 years has been fascinating to watch, they have come a really long way. They have some great minds working for them.

From his post on the 712 thread "players who play Titleist think they are the best and that Titleist is the best brand and that is fact."

He's just a hater, pump you're own brakes....

That is NOT what I said, I said that Titleist players tend to say that. I do not play Titleist.
How about we amend the title of this to: What's your favorite club manufacturer?

The guy that you all were arguing with last night, was once again the ridiculous JNRadio. He loves THP so much. He is truly one of the few who gets banned for being a troll and signs back up now 73 times under different names. His first posts are always the same and he is the ultimate internet troll. Good riddance once again. We are just going to close this one up and apologize for his absurd actions to the newer members that do not know his history here.

So.. who is telling the truth, or... more politically correct, who is right?

So.. who is telling the truth, or... more politically correct, who is right?

Ping, Callaway, TaylorMade, Mizuno, Titleist, Wilson.... the list goes on, of those who claim to make the best clubs. Is it just a matter of personal opinion and preference or is there really a better set of clubs?

It's the indian, not the arrow. I think all of them make very good clubs, and it's just a matter of finding the set that fits your particular swing. From a quality standpoint, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

I think "better" is all about the individual. What I think is,or is,best for me probably won't be for you.

they are probably all doing the best gear for some people, to each their own

Titleist and Ping are obviously the best, they charge the most for their clubs :laughing:

I feel that we have so many threads on this exact topic on THP.

The OEMs I like the best are the ones involved with the Morgan Cup.

I believe its 75% player and 25%. Performance is based on how well you play, equipment can only correct or help you to a certain degree. However, the right equipment can drastically improve your game.

Example. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Porsche, Lambo, Bugatti..... They all make great cars. However, there is clearly a very very high performer in that list. Now by the numbers, a Corvette is faster and handles better than a Mustang. But sometimes a better driver can use a lesser performing car and beat the higher performance car. So it is about the drive. Hope that explains what I'm trying to say.

Isn't there a video, I think its Tom Wishon, where he basically says they are all the same. It might not be Wishon but it is a famous club builder.

Ping, Callaway, TaylorMade, Mizuno, Titleist, Wilson.... the list goes on, of those who claim to make the best clubs. Is it just a matter of personal opinion and preference or is there really a better set of clubs?

If you think a particular manufacturer makes better clubs, then they probably do, for you. I am kind of partial to Callaway. But it's whatever the person likes that is the better company. For them. I think they all make clubs that anyone can hit well. Once you start mixing heads, shafts and grips, you can make anything work.

If you think a particular manufacturer makes better clubs, then they probably do, for you. I am kind of partial to Callaway. But it's whatever the person likes that is the better company. For them. I think they all make clubs that anyone can hit well. Once you start mixing heads, shafts and grips, you can make anything work.

I don't think I have seen a commercial where any company states we are the best. I have seen "our best" or "most used on tour" but never "we make the best". It's all personal I have known guys who have had Miura's and changed them in for shovels. Best is what is best for you.

I just don't know. To me, everybody puts out good stuff. If they didn't, they'd go out of business.
Some designs appeal more to me than others. Some seem to fit my octopus falling out a lawn chair swing. But I don't think any are "better" across the board.

I like the car analogy above. Put me in a Mustang, I can tool around pretty well. Put me in an F1 Car, and I'll wind up deep in the rhubarb trying to get out of a parking lot.
One may respond better to someone with enough skill and ability, but one's better suited to my skill set. That's about how I feel about blades.

I believe its 75% player and 25%. Performance is based on how well you play, equipment can only correct or help you to a certain degree. However, the right equipment can drastically improve your game.

Example. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Porsche, Lambo, Bugatti..... They all make great cars. However, there is clearly a very very high performer in that list. Now by the numbers, a Corvette is faster and handles better than a Mustang. But sometimes a better driver can use a lesser performing car and beat the higher performance car. So it is about the drive. Hope that explains what I'm trying to say.

Haha you could use a 1993 Toyota Corolla and it'd outhandle a mustang and a corvette :laughing:

It's the indian, not the arrow. I think all of them make very good clubs, and it's just a matter of finding the set that fits your particular swing. From a quality standpoint, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Could not have said it better.

I really believe each player has enough quirks in his swing that their is no perfect club for everybody. There is something that fits for everybody, however, and its up to each individual to find his own perfect fit.

Titleist and Ping are obviously the best, they charge the most for their clubs :laughing:

Lol! Some people probably will believe this.

Back