Who makes the best clubs?

Who makes the best clubs?

• Total voters
They all make quality products. It comes down to what you like and hit well. If you believe it's a better product, than to you it is.

With today's technology I would think all three can stand behind their claims. And for each golfer that plays there may be one OEM and their clubs that stands out above the rest.

But it's also a case of, if you can't love the one you want, love the one you're with. I have stood behind every set of clubs I've ever played and rightly so. And I think most people do the same. I just don't see how you could go wrong.

They're all telling the truth - they all make the best clubs. Not to sound sexist, but its like a beauty pageant - all the contestants are gorgeous - depending on the judges, anyone could win.

Deciding who makes the best clubs is as simple as deciding who makes the best B-B-Q sauce.

Ive become a big Nike fan lately. Wedges are wedges (theyre all a similar take on a classic design) but for me at least, Nike clubs just flat-out perform. I was a Nike hater for a long time and owned quite a few nice sets of Nike irons but sold them because I couldnt get past the idea of being a Nike player but when the clubs perform (Slingshot, SQ Machspeed, VR Full Cavity), at some point you have to get over perception and look at what works for you.

Ping for consistent performance. Taylormade for pushing the tech and marketing envelope.

Ping for consistent performance. Taylormade for pushing the tech and marketing envelope.

QFT. A lot of it is to each their own though. Badget loves his Slingshots, whereas I hated the Machspeeds. Overall, I read pretty consistently that Taylormade is getting the most distance and they've won most of the heads up competitions. With the Speedblades just out, their line might be the best top to bottom minus the short game clubs.

If you don't know what manufacturer I am a fan of you aren't paying attention. That said, just as many have mentioned before, feel, looks are something that each person has different perspective. I've been playing Callaway pretty much across the board since 1994. I am also a VERY brand loyal person. I like Chevrolet, Coca-Cola and Callaway...that's about as American as you can get. If you don't like it you can move to Canada! :bye: Besides that will open up tee-times for the rest of us...provided you don't already live in Canada of course.

I think certain brands are known for making particular pieces of equipment well (e.g. Mizuno = forged irons, Taylormade = drivers, Adams = hybrids, etc.), but even that can fool you. I went into a demo day expecting to like Mizuno irons the best and ended up liking an Adams set the best, even though no one seems to think about their irons. Fact of the matter is, every company listed makes quality gear, just depends on what feels right to you.

I think certain brands are known for making particular pieces of equipment well (e.g. Mizuno = forged irons, Taylormade = drivers, Adams = hybrids, etc.), but even that can fool you. I went into a demo day expecting to like Mizuno irons the best and ended up liking an Adams set the best, even though no one seems to think about their irons. Fact of the matter is, every company listed makes quality gear, just depends on what feels right to you.

Good post and I agree.

A good player can hit a brick on the end of a stick. I watched someone shoot even par on a course he'd never played with a completely mixed bag of demo clubs. He literally had no two that were the same. It was amazing. This wasn't a tour player either -- just a guy with a very low handicap that I was randomly paired up with. Sure he could have gone -3 or -4 with a matched set, but his skill level had way more to do with the results than his clubs.

I think even a weekend hack like me can be perfectly fine with any OEM in any bag slot. They key is that it is something he is confident in hitting when he looks down at the ball. I have my preferences and particularly about certain OEMS in certain slots, but it doesn't really matter. They all make playable stuff. Even among the brands that I like in the certain slots there's some stuff that is better for me than others. Some clubs are just well above my skill level, no matter what brand they are.

I think every company makes a quality product, everyone has a favorite. As someone said some companies are known for irons (Mizuno), wedges (Titleist) or woods (TMAG) etc. Personally I would probably never play all one company unless I was getting paid, which will never happen! In my opinion as far as all equipment I would go with Titleist or PING. I think across the board are extremely solid from Driver to putter.

Sad. After all this time, Cobra still has 0 votes.

Back