Not open for further replies.
Tonight's Workout
Ladder Up

(1,2,3, etc…): 7 Mins
1) Box Jumps
2) Box Squat

WOD
3 RFT : 15 min cap
20 Alternating Single Arm KB Swings (20 each arm: 40 total)
15 KB Rows (in Lunge position) *15 rows each arm: 30 total
10 Plank Hand Step-ups
(get into push-up plank position and walk one arm at time up onto 45# plate, then off: Keep arms straight throughout movement)
5 Wall Walks

Finisher
3 RFT: 7 min Cap
50 Mountain Climbers
20 Ab-mat Situps

Day 3 of T25 down total body workout kicked my butt. I have a feeling my shoulders are going to burn tomorrow. Lots of planks and pushups. I have zero upper body strength. Guess this will help change that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Tomorrow is the big day. Have to get a full physical, and find out how much my most recent re-dedication to fitness has paid off. In March I was diagnosed pre-hypertensive, with BP of 140 over 100 and a pull rate around 90. I don't know what it says about the state of the US Army, but I also ran circles around new Soldiers, out-lifted, and generally outworked the lot of them. But my heart was working serious overtime. Since then I've started CrossFit, which has really helped out my overall fitness, and I've cleaned up my diet.

I'm trying not to stress about this physical, but it determines whether I can attend a school I need to change to a job I'm really interested in. Also determines whether I can attend a school that would subject me to profound physical, nutritional, and sleep deprivation in a highly stressful environment, and I can't help but think if I get DQ'd because my blood pressure is too high I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

With all that you have been doing recently, you should be a shoo-in.
Good luck, regardless.

Tomorrow is the big day. Have to get a full physical, and find out how much my most recent re-dedication to fitness has paid off. In March I was diagnosed pre-hypertensive, with BP of 140 over 100 and a pull rate around 90. I don't know what it says about the state of the US Army, but I also ran circles around new Soldiers, out-lifted, and generally outworked the lot of them. But my heart was working serious overtime. Since then I've started CrossFit, which has really helped out my overall fitness, and I've cleaned up my diet.

I'm trying not to stress about this physical, but it determines whether I can attend a school I need to change to a job I'm really interested in. Also determines whether I can attend a school that would subject me to profound physical, nutritional, and sleep deprivation in a highly stressful environment, and I can't help but think if I get DQ'd because my blood pressure is too high I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Decided to bump up my dumbbell weight from 20 pounds to 25 pounds. Immediately regretting that right now, as my arms feel dead

Lexie doesn't want us to do our workout tonight
ze3u9a7a.jpg

Woohoo, BP is down 10 points! Apparently I'm the picture of health, for the most part. Or, at least, healthy enough to handle most anything the Army can throw at me. I'm going to celebrate with beer.

Getting close to the triple digit mark. 12lbs away. Words can't describe how much better I feel. 88lbs in 4 months is not something I ever imagined was possible. Hard work and sacrifice really does pay off. Now I have extra motivation to get in the best shape possible for my MC teammates and the event as a whole.

Great stuff Dev. Keep up the good work!

Oh my abs are going to feel that workout tomorrow!!! I'm really liking focus t25 so far :)

Lexie doesn't want us to do our workout tonight
ze3u9a7a.jpg

That is an inherent trait with dogs. Mine won't leave the putting mat alone when I have it out.

Getting close to the triple digit mark. 12lbs away. Words can't describe how much better I feel. 88lbs in 4 months is not something I ever imagined was possible. Hard work and sacrifice really does pay off. Now I have extra motivation to get in the best shape possible for my MC teammates and the event as a whole.

This makes me smile so much.

Awesome work Ricky. You are the man.

Week 2 Day 1 of T25 done and I'm soaked in sweat :D

Hit the course for 27 this morning and then spent an hour at the gym this afternoon, I feel like an old man tonight.

Recently joined a gym to keep my busy during the winter months without golf. Today kicked off my attempt at scheduled workouts. I focused on more arms/shoulders/core to help me become a better golfer. Really looking forward to the benefits a solid all around workout has on my golf game.

Every time I get done with the big bar exercises (bench press, deadlift, and squat), I wonder if I really want to keep putting myself under that strain. Especially the deads and squat. I hate the feeling immediately after. But somehow I feel energized the next day and ready to do more in a week.

Granted, I am on a 5x8 cycle on those lifts. 5 sets at 8 reps is a lot of effing work.

Every time I get done with the big bar exercises (bench press, deadlift, and squat), I wonder if I really want to keep putting myself under that strain. Especially the deads and squat. I hate the feeling immediately after. But somehow I feel energized the next day and ready to do more in a week.

Granted, I am on a 5x8 cycle on those lifts. 5 sets at 8 reps is a lot of effing work.

Great work Blu! My favorite was 5x5. Maybe a tad bit better for pure strength, but 5x8 if you can do it is great for adding size with strength - I just don't know how long of a cycle you could continue there.

Do it while you can Blu - just be smart about it. ( I know you are! ) I really miss heavy lifting, but the physical toll happens eventually and the reward just doesn't seem to be worth the effort quite as much.

Great work Blu! My favorite was 5x5. Maybe a tad bit better for pure strength, but 5x8 if you can do it is great for adding size with strength - I just don't know how long of a cycle you could continue there.

Do it while you can Blu - just be smart about it. ( I know you are! ) I really miss heavy lifting, but the physical toll happens eventually and the reward just doesn't seem to be worth the effort quite as much.

Thanks BB. The 5x8 is just for one week on four lifts. Bench, squat, standing barbell press, deadlifts. Next cycle is 2x8. Then 1x8. Then 3x5 then 5x5. And so on. It's a really good program. This cycle is just brutal. WCBM will find out soon enough

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. Every time I finish a set, I pop that belt off, feel all the endorphins rush back into my bloodstream, and I can't hardly sit still. I feel like a million bucks.

Today was 5 sets of 3 sumo deadlifts @ 375# & three 3 box jumps at 36", then 45 seconds of work and 1:45 of rest for clean & jerk @ 155#, then some wall-ball shots and burpees. Exhausting. But now that I've recovered a bit, I feel great.

I think the best part about doing these complex movements and the crossfit style of exercise is that, yeah, I'm tired and sore a bit, but there's rarely a "destroy muscle group X" workout where I can hardly walk or lift my arms the next day that I used to get from traditional weightlifting. I feel like my recovery has improved in general.

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. Every time I finish a set, I pop that belt off, feel all the endorphins rush back into my bloodstream, and I can't hardly sit still. I feel like a million bucks.

Today was 5 sets of 3 sumo deadlifts @ 375# & three 3 box jumps at 36", then 45 seconds of work and 1:45 of rest for clean & jerk @ 155#, then some wall-ball shots and burpees. Exhausting. But now that I've recovered a bit, I feel great.

I think the best part about doing these complex movements and the crossfit style of exercise is that, yeah, I'm tired and sore a bit, but there's rarely a "destroy muscle group X" workout where I can hardly walk or lift my arms the next day that I used to get from traditional weightlifting. I feel like my recovery has improved in general.

Ok.

HIT principles don't leave a lot of room for excess energy. Plus 10+ hour days. 2 kids under 3. And an 8mo that's teething and a usual 5 hours of sleep a night drain me

Havent fit into this shirt in probably 3+ years. Now its big on me. This ones for you blu..
jygadere.jpg

I am all about that picture Dev. That's awesome. I make that shirt look silly. You make that shirt look badass!

Havent fit into this shirt in probably 3+ years. Now its big on me. This ones for you blu..
jygadere.jpg

That's awesome Dev. I'm really glad to see that you're sticking to this for the long haul. Too many times I've seen people fall off and return back to their old habits even after seeing great results. Keep it going, bro!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey Coach beard! Starting Insanity work out in the morning. It's starts with a fit test. I'm excited to gain some flexibility, core strength and tee length! Here's to the next 67 days!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Hey Coach beard! Starting Insanity work out in the morning. It's starts with a fit test. I'm excited to gain some flexibility, core strength and tee length! Here's to the next 67 days!

Good luck with it!! I liked it when I was doing but found it hard to find the time every day.

First workout done. It was tough. I'm in worse shape than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back