Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to go buy a new laptop today. Ended up going with a Toshiba 12gb DDR3 Intel I7 3630 QM Quad Core with a TB HD and 256mb SSD. Got in on clearance for only $700.00

That seems like such a good deal.

I've been hard pondering getting a desktop PC again just to have something to be a workhorse for me. Not sure if I'll pull the trigger, but it's been a ponder with their pricing being half decent.

The pro IS a laptop. Put the mechanical keyboard on it, and it is like a macbook air, lenovo x series, or other ultrabook. Except with a touch-screen.

This is how I felt. Fun to play with but way too expensive for what it does and the Pro cannot match a true laptop for functionality but is just as or more expensive.

The pro IS a laptop. Put the mechanical keyboard on it, and it is like a macbook air, lenovo x series, or other ultrabook. Except with a touch-screen.

And for $1300-1800. What's stopping me is look at the specs on a good laptop for $1800 and it far surpasses the Surface Pro 2.

And for $1300-1800. What's stopping me is look at the specs on a good laptop for $1800 and it far surpasses the Surface Pro 2.

Exactly. The Surface pro is a very capable machine, but the price is Apple-like. Or worse.

Galaxy tab 3 7.0.

Just got an e-mail from Sprint I can get one for free if I add a tablet data plan. Only goes until Sunday so I need to do my research. Only have a Kindle Fire HD right now and HATE playing by Amazons rules.

Lenovo, Apple, Samsung, MSI, and possibly Dell Business and Alienware are the direct competition, and they are all in that price range for the options. Touchscreen (not sure apple has this), stylus, high-res display, RAM, etc.
Edit: forgot the main point; form-factor (tablet computer with removable/foldable keyboard). This takes out Dell, Alienware, and Apple, but adds Panasonic and Sony.

Last edited:
debating on grabbing a mophie juice pack for my phone. Found one for a good price and think it may be something that will come in handy next week.

debating on grabbing a mophie juice pack for my phone. Found one for a good price and think it may be something that will come in handy next week.

I ordered a Skiva branded one from Amazon this morning....will come in handy at THP events.

We like the Anker packs. Also have a larger one that is heavy that will charge 3-4 times the amount. Tablet battery more than phone battery for next week.

I got a Mophie Juice pack for Christmas and am excited to use it.

Like Cookie said at THP events they are very very handy IMO. I had the charger case, but found it sort of cumbersome.

We like the Anker packs. Also have a larger one that is heavy that will charge 3-4 times the amount. Tablet battery more than phone battery for next week.

Second this recommendation. I have a 9000mAh Anker Astro and it charges my iPhone and iPad simultaneously. Its not very big at all either and the build quality is pretty fantastic.

For the S4?

Figured it might be easier to live post from my iPad Air on the course, so looking for an OtterBox type case without the OtterBox type price.

Grabbed a micro SD card today for the Surface, now need to figure out what movies to take this coming week for the TM event and Show. Also still pondering a click keyboard in a bad way.

Grabbed a micro SD card today for the Surface, now need to figure out what movies to take this coming week for the TM event and Show. Also still pondering a click keyboard in a bad way.
I loved the click keyboard with my surface. Made it so much more usable.

I loved the click keyboard with my surface. Made it so much more usable.

Yep, this will be my first real travel trip with the surface and I've got some writing to do so we'll see how it goes on the plane, I think I need to make the click keyboard happen though.

For the S4?

Yes sir.

I'm planning my movies out as well. On my last day of tablet pondering. Either keeping the HDX(leaning that way), ordering the g pad, or going iPad mini. Also since I picked up a stylus I love using the Swype keyboard method so much more.

Yes sir.

I'm planning my movies out as well. On my last day of tablet pondering. Either keeping the HDX(leaning that way), ordering the g pad, or going iPad mini. Also since I picked up a stylus I love using the Swype keyboard method so much more.
Not worried about the added bulk?

Just ordered the new PC. Pretty excited to see my many FPS.

By the way, my favorite item from CES.

yzejymu8.jpg

Sorry, only had room for the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back