Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will never really be able to reliably play flash anything on a iDevice. It's such a joke.

So then basically I will occasionally come across some sites/videos where I'm SOL? That's disappointing.

I really hate to start the search over. I gave the Note 10.1 a final try yesterday as well and I found the navigation cumbersome and it seemed as slow as dial up. And I was comparing it to the same websites as the Air 10 feet away.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390137594.906688.jpg

My favorite apple flash meme

There is a browser that let's you play flash. I think it's called "puffin". Just install that and you'll be fine.

Was about to pull the trigger on an IPad Air today. But when giving it a final test run in the store, I found out it won't play some videos due to not having Flash.

I probably should have realized this before. The sales person said there are some third party apps that you can get for it.

What have some of you guys done about this.

I'm not an apple homer by any means; however, there is third-party flash support available. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Android devices don't do so well with flash either.

I've tried Puffin, it's pretty lousy; they all are.

Flash is dead on anything outside of a PC. You'll almost never run in to an issue with it now because so much stuff has been changed over to mobile friendly formats like HTML5 and QuickTime.

I use Puffin and Photon browser when I've gotta have flash, which is almost never.

Get the iPad and don't sweat that it's not flash capable.

Or wait until later this year and get the "iPad Pro."

So then basically I will occasionally come across some sites/videos where I'm SOL? That's disappointing.

I really hate to start the search over. I gave the Note 10.1 a final try yesterday as well and I found the navigation cumbersome and it seemed as slow as dial up. And I was comparing it to the same websites as the Air 10 feet away.

We use iSwifter and Proton browsers for Flash. Never had a problem and the kids have been able to play every game they've tried without problems

Whatever device JB is taking pictures with is the one I should have bought. Wow are those nice pics.
#PhoneRegret

Whatever device JB is taking pictures with is the one I should have bought. Wow are those nice pics.
#PhoneRegret

Samsung Note 3

Here I was relatively happy with my Nexus and then I see one of those pics. Nexus camera = doodoo in comparison.

Any big Bluetooth fans out there?
I love bluetooth for many things, but it's rather insecure. I don't use an earpiece with my phone though, if that's what you mean.

I love bluetooth for many things, but it's rather insecure. I don't use an earpiece with my phone though, if that's what you mean.

That exacts what I mean. I use my jawbone everyday

Haha it appears to be a small tablet but it is actually a phone.

That's what I thought. It does take some incredible pictures.

Thanks for all the feedback guys on the Flash issue. I spent a couple hours today doing some more research.

Came down to the Air or Samsung Note 10. But I think I'll stick with my first instinct and go IPad.

Just got a notification that LogMein Free will no longer be available starting 1/28. That sucks.

I am the nerdy Bluetooth headset guy.

Dont leave home without it.

Just got a notification that LogMein Free will no longer be available starting 1/28. That sucks.
That blows dude, like, seriously blows.

I use it a ton right now, and will now have to figure something else out.

Never used it, never heard of it (LogMeIn Free). I did look it up to see what it is.

But Microsoft has this: http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2013/10/17/microsoft-launches-remote-desktop-app-android-ios/#!sQ9EW

Microsoft launches Remote Desktop for Android and iOS, bringing the Windows desktop to phones and tablets
By Emil Protalinski, Thursday, 17 Oct '13 , 08:16pm
148459125-645x250.jpg

PREVIOUS
NEXT
13 COMMENTS

In addition to the release of Windows 8.1, Microsoft today launched Microsoft Remote Desktop for Android and iOS, bringing the Windows desktop to phones and tablets. You can download the free app now directly from Google Play and Apple’s App Store.
As its name implies, the app lets you can connect to a remote PC while on the go. This is mainly aimed at business users looking to get their work done from wherever they are, but you can use the Remote Desktop client for your own purposes.
Here’s the official feature list for both Android and iOS:

• Access to remote resources through the Remote Desktop Gateway.
  • Rich multi-touch experience with remote desktop protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures.
  • Secure connection to your data and applications with breakthrough Network Layer Authentication (NLA) technology.
  • Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center.
  • High quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage.
Interestingly, the iOS app has an extra bullet point: “Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations.” It’s not clear if the Android app is missing this feature and will be added in a subsequent update, or if it’s just not listed.
Here’s the Android app showing the Windows 8 desktop:

Here’s the iOS app in the same view:

If you need something on your Windows desktop but aren’t nearby, this app is for you (unless, as crazy as it sounds, you’re using a Windows Phone). Microsoft has offered remote access to Windows PCs and Macs for years, but this is the first time the functionality is available to mobile devices that aren’t running one of its operating systems.

The Windows PC that you want to access will need to also be running Remote Desktop, but as a host. You can read more about setting that up onMicrosoft.com.
Last week, Microsoft quietly announced the app was coming to Android and iOS sometime this month. The news was slipped in as a one-sentence mention, buried in a press release.
At the time of writing, Microsoft hasn’t made an announcement the apps are available (Update on October 18: now they have). Clearly the company doesn’t want to promote the release of Remote Desktop on non-Microsoft platforms.
Top Image Credit: AFP/Getty Images

I got the same email. I rely on LMI heavily, right now im testing out TeamSpeak and it seems to be faster with the same features.

Yeah man. I use it all the time too. I used Team Viewer for a while so I guess back to that

Yeah man. I use it all the time too. I used Team Viewer for a while so I guess back to that

I havent found anything yet that seems to accomplish the same goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back