Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

You had mentioned a prior fitting. Do you know what type of launch monitor he had? What were his recommendations?

74 - 75.

It makes senses because of the roll out I was getting, probably need to get the ball higher, as the low spin shots were low in height, while higher spin equaled higher flight.

I'd happily go down to regular flex for that higher flight.

One of the workers also gave me a Recoil in regular flex, but it was in the 2014 X forged, which is coming out on Valentine's Day. The spin numbers were much better and I really liked how that shaft felt, which you can get at no up charge.

Looks like I'll try the recoils in R flex in the Apex and see how they are compared to the X forged. I'm guessing the Apex are more forgiving, which sounds good to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You had mentioned a prior fitting. Do you know what type of launch monitor he had? What were his recommendations?

I'm gonna PM you so the thread doesn't get de railed.

I will say that if I hit the Apex with the Recoils better than I did with the X forged, it may be game over.

Taps away

...Looks like I'll try the recoils in R flex in the Apex and see how they are compared to the X forged.

That may be an expensive comparison. You've been warned. :)

I was fitted to these at the #grandaddy based on my current irons. They didn't have any in LH to hit, but talking to the fitter I went with these and the KBS Tours in Stiff flex. I was able to get to Golfsmith and hit the demo 6 iron with the stiff flex recoil and MAN they feel good.

I cannot wait to get my hands on mine.

I was fitted to these at the #grandaddy based on my current irons. They didn't have any in LH to hit, but talking to the fitter I went with these and the KBS Tours in Stiff flex. I was able to get to Golfsmith and hit the demo 6 iron with the stiff flex recoil and MAN they feel good.

I cannot wait to get my hands on mine.

Seeing all the love for the recoils with these heads has me pondering.

Feelwise, they were better for me with the graphite than steel - toned down the "ting" to a more solid but lively feel. I would play them with Recoils (if I could afford them) but not with steel.

Seeing all the love for the recoils with these heads has me pondering.

Feelwise, they were better for me with the graphite than steel - toned down the "ting" to a more solid but lively feel. I would play them with Recoils (if I could afford them) but not with steel.

Yeah I've gamed the steel they are solid that's for sure. But lately I've done either graphite or lighter steel and have seen more success. May try these out somewhere that has shaft options and let the numbers speak for themself.

after a lot of testing, i finally decided to go with ap2:s with nippon modus 3. apex felt great and looked great but was just launching too high for me. just as ping i25 btw. thanks for all great info in all these threads!

after a lot of testing, i finally decided to go with ap2:s with nippon modus 3. apex felt great and looked great but was just launching too high for me. just as ping i25 btw. thanks for all great info in all these threads!

Which shafts did u end up trying out for the apex?

I need these irons.

I really fell in love with them in the short time I spent with them last week. So receptive and I can't believe how soft they feel.

Yup I want them. They just seemed above all else to have that it factor about them.

Agreed. Best looking irons out there and it isn't even close IMO. And I'm talking basic Apex, I've got zero interest/urge for the pros.

I am in serious ponder mode over these irons. The feedback has been great and very influential. Could I ask my wife for yet another piece of golf equipment?

Agreed. Best looking irons out there and it isn't even close IMO. And I'm talking basic Apex, I've got zero interest/urge for the pros.

Agreed. Completely agreed.

Before seeing anything in hand, I thought the Pros would look the best, play the best, etc., for me. (Again, because I am so freaking elite.) the Apex irons, though, are such a perfect balance of looks, feel, forgiveness and performance. They are a complete no-brainer.

Easier access to the aerotechs

Gotcha. I have a fitting scheduled with Club Champion here in Houston .

My main focus will be on the right driver/shaft & iron/shaft combo. The Apex are at the top of the list with all the great reviews & definitely going to try the Aerotechs & Recoils. Really interested in the new gen graphite iron shafts.

Gotcha. I have a fitting scheduled with Club Champion here in Houston .

My main focus will be on the right driver/shaft & iron/shaft combo. The Apex are at the top of the list with all the great reviews & definitely going to try the Aerotechs & Recoils. Really interested in the new gen graphite iron shafts.

I agree, certainly worth a look. Its been strange going from them back to steel and then swinging them again, you sort of forget how nice they are on the body

Back