Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Looks like an issue to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's just what they look like. My 3i I still have looks like that.

Completely normal. All good, Amol.

This is one of Wake's pics from the first page of this thread.

b924d9319043b78df31ecf971a3286f3.jpg

I've got a couple that look the same, I think it's normal wear and tear.

Thanks for the input guys. It's weird to me that there would be a physical slot in the back of the clubhead, but I guess I never noticed it in the past. I took a look at my irons, it's only the 5-9 irons, the PW and AW don't have that slot/gap/whatever you want to call it.

Thanks for the input guys. It's weird to me that there would be a physical slot in the back of the clubhead, but I guess I never noticed it in the past. I took a look at my irons, it's only the 5-9 irons, the PW and AW don't have that slot/gap/whatever you want to call it.
That sort of undercut on the back is on my 4-9 and not the PW and AW. All is good! Helps elevate the ball.

A bit of a throwback, but is anyone still gaming these? I dropped mine off earlier this week to get loft/lie checked for the upcoming season as nothing really new on the market has caught my full attention after being spoiled with these. Hit 7iron 3 times spot on for a perfect lie, 2* upright, after 4 seasons of play.

I’ve just put a half set together to take back to work with me. Just the 5, 7, and 9 irons. Looking forward to hitting these again. Next trip I’ll take the even numbers and pw back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A bit of a throwback, but is anyone still gaming these? I dropped mine off earlier this week to get loft/lie checked for the upcoming season as nothing really new on the market has caught my full attention after being spoiled with these. Hit 7iron 3 times spot on for a perfect lie, 2* upright, after 4 seasons of play.

I still game these. Used them for 3 seasons and love them. Waiting on the CF19 before I upgrade. Nothing beats the sound of a flushed Apex iron. Buttery is the only way to describe it.

I do. Love 'em. The best irons I've ever had and only this year have I felt the need to do a head-to-head against other clubs. Both Titleist and Ping have new offering's that have piqued my interest.

I still game these. Used them for 3 seasons and love them. Waiting on the CF19 before I upgrade. Nothing beats the sound of a flushed Apex iron. Buttery is the only way to describe it.

It is about as buttery as it gets for an iron that I feel like I can game comfortably. It has set a new standard for me and I, admittedly snobbishly, refuse to compromise on any aspect of the Apex in another iron. I've tried others, but they didn't have the total package that was Apex (CF 16 excluded). Add in the nostalgia factor from the Grandaddy and these will be in the bag until they get kicked out.

There's a lot of days I wish I still had my Apex/Pro combo set I got from the THP Ultimate Testing back in 2013. I had the CF16s for a bit and while I played some better than mediocre golf with them, they just didn't do it for me.

Yup! Still have them. And selling a set in the marketplace too. I had two sets. Don't ask, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bump from the OG.

Still rocking the Apex with C Tapers and still loving every minute. Their days are a little numbered, but it's days like today where I think I could sail off into the sunset with them. My final piece still gamed from the 2013 Grandaddy, these are going to be in my Grandaddy bag once retired this year as a badge of honor for as long as I'm able to have a man cave.

Heck, I might even bring them out on special occasions.

Back