Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THPers were some of the first to hit these irons months ago and today those that attended Ultimate Club Testing are receiving their sets. This thread will serve as a place to share pictures, reviews and more from anybody that gets to test out the new clubs.

Lets keep this thread clear until the first post comes with pictures and an initial write up. Thanks.

OK, I'll kick this off again, as this is the more appropriate thread for the pics. So here goes. I plan on heading out to the night golf course with these after work. Should have ample opportunity with 14 par 3s to get some good feedback on these bad boys.

IMG_0695_zpsa6bd4fbb.jpg

IMG_0697_zps8926b6c8.jpg

IMG_0699_zpsd04c7127.jpg

IMG_0698_zps2b3cc2cd.jpg

So coming from PX 6.5's how do you feel about these shafts? Probably to early to ask, but I figured I would try

Those are such beautiful clubs.

Oh those look VERY nice.

I, too, am wondering about how these shafts will perform, so cannot wait for everyone's feedback on that. Would love a comparison between these XP95s to the KBS Tour 90s if anyone has had experience hitting the KBS.

Yep, I am jealous. I said it. I am.

It says a lot coming from someone with the 714 AP2's in his bag right now.

Those look pretty sweet too!

Best looking iron Callaway has put out in a long time (besides the 2013 Forged, but let's be honest, I couldn't game those).

Let's keep this about the Apex and questions about the Apex irons please

*Drools* Can't wait to hear more on these!

Beauties. Just absolute beauties. NEED to hit these ASAP.

This may have been answered in another thread, but where do these fall in the Callaway line?

We have Apex and Apex Pro, then XHot2 and XHot2 Pro. Just seems like some overlay, but that's having only seen pictures.

The fact that I won't be able to try these outside until spring kills me. I have been looking forward to this thread for quite some time.

Oh those look VERY nice.

I, too, am wondering about how these shafts will perform, so cannot wait for everyone's feedback on that. Would love a comparison between these XP95s to the KBS Tour 90s if anyone has had experience hitting the KBS.

I should be getting the XP and have extensive time in with the tour 90's so I'll be able to get some comparisons for you hopefully.

Just got mine a little bit ago just as the sun was setting. I am going to take them out first thing in the morning to the range and then plan on playing 36 holes with them and then come back here and let everyone know what I think so far. I will say these Apex irons look soooooo nice and may take some getting use to since they look a lot different than my Ping G20's here are some comparison pics. FYI- I got the Apex irons 5-AW with the Regular XP95 shaft.

IMG_0522_zpse352cad1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0523_zps3dc9c840.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0524_zps190a0974.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

--------------Apex 5 iron/G20 5 iron----------------------------------- G20/Apex---------------------------------------------- Apex/G20

Last edited:
Which shafts did u get mq?

This may have been answered in another thread, but where do these fall in the Callaway line?

We have Apex and Apex Pro, then XHot2 and XHot2 Pro. Just seems like some overlay, but that's having only seen pictures.

When you get them in hand, you will see the difference I have a feeling.
Then lots not forget price point.

I got a nice surprise while eating Chinese tonight #no, I'm not talking about the pie my wife made).
4i at address
sapuzuvu.jpg

8i at address
aquqy2y3.jpg

5i face with decal
ma3ejyda.jpg

Cavity
nuvaqe5a.jpg

Face
pe5a4eme.jpg

4-pw
eba3evyh.jpg

Words cannot explain this level of pumpedness.
ehudybab.jpg

So caught off guard by this arrival.

^^^^Just Tapped That

Man these look great. They have me drooling right now

Man these look great. They have me drooling right now

If you were to provide me with a certain beverage I could probably let you hit them.

If you were to provide me with a certain beverage I could probably let you hit them.

I just ordered you a Coke. Let's make it happen

Those look a lot like the Nike VR_S Forged irons that I've been gaming for over a year. If any of you have hit both can you compare/contrast? Thanks...

It was a big gap between hitting them, but there is certainly some similarities between the design theories IMO.

Back