Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

Dang! I'm planning on passing through on my way to Wyoming the following week.

We need Fourputt, Royal Wulff, Crazygolfnut, Smally, Jeffann, Mo_Hacker and anyone else possible to set their calanders for this. We could have a real cool time and maybe a little extra special love from THP?

Hope to hear from you guy's.

I have a mini conflict. I'd have to head up on the 17th, and that is the afternoon my Mom and Sister get home from their vacation to Minnesota. I'm dog-sitting my mom's dog, so I'll have to make sure that she's ok with leaving the dog for most of a day. Otherwise I'm good to go.

Quarry Oaks sounds good to me... saves a few miles and easy access off I-80. I should be able to find a motel somewhere near there for a couple of nights.

Dang! I'm planning on passing through on my way to Wyoming the following week.

I have a mini conflict. I'd have to head up on the 17th, and that is the afternoon my Mom and Sister get home from their vacation to Minnesota. I'm dog-sitting my mom's dog, so I'll have to make sure that she's ok with leaving the dog for most of a day. Otherwise I'm good to go.

Quarry Oaks sounds good to me... saves a few miles and easy access off I-80. I should be able to find a motel somewhere near there for a couple of nights.

Just a thought here, but were far enough out the 24th thru 27th might be open, if that worked for everyone. Also, we've yet to hear if some needed the weekend or not. We would love to have both you guy's there.

This sounds like a lot of fun :clapp:

Just a thought here, but were far enough out the 24th thru 27th might be open, if that worked for everyone. Also, we've yet to hear if some needed the weekend or not. We would love to have both you guy's there.

The next week I don't have any conflicts.

Re: Golf Get Together THP Style

It looks like my only available day would be the 23rd. I'm expected to arrive in Pinedale, WY on the 24th for 4 months of digging holes.

Thanks for the info guy's. We can see what everyone comes up with and try to put this together. Hopefully it meshes well.

Oops... I meant the 25th I'd be available. Whatever that Tuesday is. It helps to look at the calendar of May instead of February. :)

Cool Dirt. I'll call and see if that week is open. Now we need the Kansas, Missouri "boys" and some of those "others" across the country to come visit. Come on TC, Rhino, hell we all know how much Harry likes to travel, hehe. This will be a blast on a very nice property. Sounds like Puttin4Bird has played it. I know it has hit number one this or that several years in the magazines.

FourPutt, if we do get several people staying at the same motel you do we might get a discount. I know I'll need a room.

well......i guess i'm out.

and i was bringing baked goods.

Snicker, are you from the region? Some how I guessed you were a Northern girl. We'd love to have some scenery you there, lol. Really we would, especially with your baking prowess!!! :D

And anyone else! Hey, everyone is welcome N,S,E,W, short, tall... you get the picture.

Snicker, are you from the region? Some how I guessed you were a Northern girl. We'd love to have some scenery you there, lol. Really we would, especially with your baking prowess!!! :D

And anyone else! Hey, everyone is welcome N,S,E,W, short, tall... you get the picture.

YAY!!! count me in.

This sounds like a lot of fun :clapp:

Fly down and join us. Think about it, how much could a flight to Nebraska be, lmao.

Think of the kind of outing we could put together if the other groups all came to a central location like this for a two day fun and games, yeehaaaa :banana:

My current list shows a mix of people who were interested before, but have not re-committed and those who are looking very favorable.

Cwill
Puttin4Bird
Crazygolfnut
FourPutt
Royal Wulff
Sodakrep
TheDue
Dirt_Guy
snicker.doodles
Fwyngrns - Not sure we talked, but was on my list for some reason. Last visit 11-3-09
Cyzfitz - Not sure we talked, but was on my list possibly because he's from the area
Graz - Once again not sure we talked, but thought he could car pool with FP & Wulff
White Rhino
MO_Hacker
Thainer21

Please let me know if I have missed anyone, it was not intentionally. What little I've done so far today on this has me worn out after my hospital escapade, lol. I'm mental!

Come one, come all. Lets grow this thing!

Keep in mind that we need to decide on just us, or friends also. How many want two rounds one day and/or a second day (which may be discounted). Definite dates/times and I'm sure other things.

Last edited:
Great job Duey!

I'm definitely up for 2 rounds in the same day, especially if we do a weekday. There is one weekend in May that I might have to work, so I'll verify what weekend that will be. Either way I'll definitely make it work.

I believe Fwyngrns is a friend of Puttin4Bird.

Great job Duey!

I'm definitely up for 2 rounds in the same day, especially if we do a weekday. There is one weekend in May that I might have to work, so I'll verify what weekend that will be. Either way I'll definitely make it work.

I believe Fwyngrns is a friend of Puttin4Bird.

Thats right :banghead: You guy's keep in mind that I welcome any and all help or suggestions with this. It's not my baby, this needs to be fun for everyone. I'm not saying I mind doing it either, its fun, but I feel kind of pushy?

Cool Dirt. I'll call and see if that week is open. Now we need the Kansas, Missouri "boys" and some of those "others" across the country to come visit. Come on TC, Rhino, hell we all know how much Harry likes to travel, hehe. This will be a blast on a very nice property. Sounds like Puttin4Bird has played it. I know it has hit number one this or that several years in the magazines.

FourPutt, if we do get several people staying at the same motel you do we might get a discount. I know I'll need a room.

Let me know where you're talking about.. I might get a flight out and hang with my THP friends if it is not too much.

I'm in Duey if it's a Mon.-Thurs. anytime, anyplace. Just let me know where and when!

Let me know where you're talking about.. I might get a flight out and hang with my THP friends if it is not too much.

I'm in Duey if it's a Mon.-Thurs. anytime, anyplace. Just let me know where and when!

Rhino and MO, we'll have a blast. So far things are pointing towards week day, so we should be good to go. Rhina, this is Omaha, NE. Throw a dart at the center of the USA and go up a little, can't miss it, lol. I have not checked into motels yet, but can do that and send a list out, or pick one and try to get a good rate.

Things are coming nicely, ought to be a blast. As I get back to Quarry Oaks Golf Club with a number of people I'll be able to give a lot more details of what they have set up.

Got room for any canadians?

Thainer, you bet we do! Well, as long as you don't bring any of that cold Canadian air down with you, :D We would be thrilled to have you join the fun.

I live in Philly from may 1 til sept 1. It's planned for mid-may, right?

Mid to late May. We should have things narrowed down in the next week, or less I'm guessing. We are looking at the week 24th thru 27th, but things are a little iffy simply because were not totally sure how many golfers yet. They said they would really work with us if we have a large group and have it done before another large group gets it, :D

All questions from you all really help, because I will miss something, lol. Don't be bashful, ask away.

Duey, your the man. :good:This is your baby and your doing a great job. Tell me the day and I'll be there. If it were my vote I would say the weekday just cause it will be cheaper for green fees and for people staying in a hotel.

Back