Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Several of us are looking to do a get together golf outing in the Omaha, NE area this spring. There are some great courses here and we hope to set this up at one of the nicer one's here. We are in the very early stages of planing this and wanted to test the waters to see how much interest there would be from those THP members in this area as well as anyone wanting to travel here for a weekend of fun, camaraderie and golf.

Please let us know here if you are interested or send a PM and THP can assist you with everything. :golf3:

Thanks,
Due

UPDATE:

The dates are May 25th at Quarry Oaks and May 26th at Iron Horse Golf Club. We are set up for an early tee time at Quarry Oaks, 8AM, to take advantage of the "Replay" for those who want to do it all again in the afternoon for only $25 more. Wednesday our tee time is set up for 10:15AM. (They have a group going out at in the afternoon, so couldn't get a "Replay" set up.

Both of these courses are said to be first rate, beautiful courses. $64.90/$89 (replay rate) for Quarry Oaks depending on the replay and $49 for 18 holes at Iron Horse.

Please PM me ASAP to confirm your spot in this event. The sooner we can confirm enough players I will be able to lock our tee times in and possibly set up a few things with the courses. I have us locked for 15 players at Iron Horse on the 26th, but need 20 to lock for Quarry Oaks.

Update:

Here's an update to the list of players and those who have confirmed. I know a lot of you have said you were coming, but please PM me if you wouldn't mind so I can lock it in. Those who I've pretty much locked in are highlighted, if thats not correct yet please let me know. Thanks to everyone!

Cwill
Fourputt
RoyalWulff
Puttin4Bird
Fwyngrns
Crazygolfnut
Sodakrep
Sodakrep's Dad
Mo_Hacker
Snicker.doodles
Dirt_Guy
TheDue
Thainer21
2659edward
Graz

Then a few who have either shown interest, or I just sent some info out to see if they would like to join us: (Hope it works out for you guy's, we'd love to have you join us).

Cyzfitz
Jeffann
Smallville
WhiteRhino
KUJayhawks
KCgolfclubs

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in.

I've been in some of the initial discussions with thedue and we hope to get good interest in this so we can bring a little THP style to the Central US.

Sounds like it would be fun but that is a bit far for me right now. Maybe if something were set up on the west coast I'd go.

It's always fun to get together with forum members for a round. I played a few times with MO and Jeff this year and it was always a fun time. My golf may have sucked, but the company was good!

Sounds like fun!! Have FUN :)

We are still planning on doing our THP event sometime in 2010. This is something that Due wanted to be more of a get together for people in the area. We hope people in that area or people that want to meet up, will be able to attend.

We will make sure that if there is enough people that THP will do something for those involved.

It's always fun to get together with forum members for a round. I played a few times with MO and Jeff this year and it was always a fun time. My golf may have sucked, but the company was good!

Well come on up and join the fun Smally. Very easy drive from KC and we may get some great room rates. CWill, Crazygolfnut and I are just getting going, but have some great plans.

Last edited:
We will make sure that if there is enough people that THP will do something for those involved.
Two or three people don't count huh? hehehe

Well come on up a join the fun Smally. Very easy drive from KC and we may get some great room rates. CWill, Crazygolfnut and I are just getting going, but have some great plans.
Sounds like fun. We'll see what's happening at the time.

Several of us are looking to do a get together golf outing in the Omaha, NE area this spring. There are some great courses here and we hope to set this up at one of the nicer one's here. We are in the very early stages of planing this and wanted to test the waters to see how much interest there would be from those THP members in this area as well as anyone wanting to travel here for a weekend of fun, camaraderie and golf.

Please let us know here if you are interested or send a PM and THP can assist you with everything. :golf3:

Thanks,
Due

I might be interested once there are a few more details available (dates, expenses, etc.). It's just about a full day's drive (just over 600 miles) from here, but it's a straight freeway shot all the way (I-76 to I-80), so it isn't too bad.

It would be fun meet some fellow Hackers (or are we Paradisians???) As far as I know, I've only ever met one other member, Royal Wulff. We've played together a couple of times.

I hope to get some details worked out soon. It would be great to have you there Fourputt. Who know's, maybe several "Coloradians" could carpool.

Bump for the evening crowd.

I'm in due!!! I'll do anything I can to help out and I really hope we can get some fellow Hackers (or whatever we're called) involved!

Great Bird, I hoped we'd get you on board. This is startin to take shape. I have a pool tournament tomorrow or I'd make a trip up there and see some courses, but will rely on you guy's who have played there before.

We'll have a great time.

I'm just outside of Boston, Omaha would be a bit of a hike for me. Sounds like a great idea though and I hope it is a successful event. :)

DefCon - Claire and I have talked about arranging one somewhere in the NY metro area - not sure where yet. It would be easy for anyone from MA, CT, NY, NJ and PA to come too. However, it's much too early to plan, but it will be sometime in the Spring.

DefCon - Claire and I have talked about arranging one somewhere in the NY metro area - not sure where yet. It would be easy for anyone from MA, CT, NY, NJ and PA to come too. However, it's much too early to plan, but it will be sometime in the Spring.
I'd definitely be interested, Diane as it would be nice to meet some of you good folks. Hopefully after mud season! LOL!

I'd definitely be interested, Diane as it would be nice to meet some of you good folks. Hopefully after mud season! LOL!

Are you afraid of getting dirty too DefCon?

Sounds like a fun time, Like Fourputt I would like to hear a few more details and maybe FourPutt and I can carpool. Keep me posted.

Sounds like a fun time, Like Fourputt I would like to hear a few more details and maybe FourPutt and I can carpool. Keep me posted.

Good to hear from you Wulff, I'll keep you updated as we decide on things.

Graz is in Colorado, maybe he'd be able to make the trip.

Looks like a blizzard outside and my Chiefs are getting slaughtered, so might as well talk golf, lol. (At least we just got a fumble at the goal line).

I'm thinking a good time to put this outing together would be mid May. Later in the summer these courses fill up and can be tough to put something on during the weekend. What's everyone think?

Cwill was kind enough to suggest some courses:

Quarry Oaks (Ashland, NE)
Quarry Oaks

Woodland Hills (Eagle, NE)
Woodland Hills Golf Course - Nebraska's Only 5 Star Golf Course
(Actually closer to Lincoln than Omaha, probably)

Indian Creek (Northwest Omaha, NE)
Golf at Indian Creek: Awaken the Spirit

Tiburon Golf Club (Southwest Omaha, NE)
Tiburon Golf Club

All of these look very nice, so you guy's who have played them please let us know which would be best. I can start calling them unless someone has an "in" at one course. Quarry Oaks looked very nice and looks like they have a pretty nice rate if we can get 20 players or more there.

So far we have seen interest from 8 or 10 and I have at least six buddy's that I hope will join the site and play with us as well. Also, this would be a great trip for the KC golfers to come up and join in the fun!

If we can get enough interest I will contact a buddy with the Omaha Chamber of Commerce to see if they can do a few extras for us. Cheap motel rates at a nice place, goody bags from local vendors, etc. This should shape up really quickly as an outstanding getaway for golf and fun.

Please let me know what you think.

Due

I haven't played Quarry Oaks, but have heard great things about it. Puttin4Bird has played there, and I believe he said it is the best in the area that he has played. I'm sure he'll chime in with his views on these courses.

Tiburon and Indian Creek both have 3 sets of 9 holes. Not sure about Quarry Oaks and Woodland Hills.

I also agree with the middle of May timeframe. Think that would be perfect.

Come All Ye Golfers!

Ok everyone, time to get this done. I've been in contact with Brian at Quarry Oaks Golf Club numerous times and it simply comes down to how many people we can get together. From what I'm hearing, this is about as nice a course as can be found anywhere, yet the price seems extremely nice compared to other great courses I've played.

If we can get a commitment of 20 people, we will qualify as a "Outing". Less than that will work, we just need to get this put together so I can prepay and have it all set up.

Mid May is the planned time frame. Right now May 18th and 19th are open, but I need to hear from all interested if this must be week end. Don't be bashful, we want as many there as possible.

Mon - Thursday:
$65 for an Outing. This includes $10 back in sack prizes or flag prizes, etc.

$62.50 for anything less than 20 people.

Friday - Sunday:
$75 for an Outing. This includes $10 back in sack prizes or flag prizes, etc.

$72.50 for anything less than 20 people.

REPLAY: for those who would like to set this up early and then play a second 18 in the afternoon the price for the second round would be $25.

Let me know what you think guy's. We could keep this all THP, or open it up to friends of THP as well and try for 20. I really don't care. This is a fun get together, but we need to get it together, lol.

We need Fourputt, Royal Wulff, Crazygolfnut, Smally, Jeffann, Mo_Hacker and anyone else possible to set their calanders for this. We could have a real cool time and maybe a little extra special love from THP?

Hope to hear from you guy's.

Back