Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

Thats what I was thinking, I couldnt find anything from Philly to OMA ir LNK.

300 from philly to omaha,
190 to KC.

You might pm Mo_Hacker. He was planning to come from KC region. So is Snickers.

The snow is melting and running like crazy down the streets. After all the snow the courses here should look like the PGA courses, lol.

But don't freak out, but Kansas City International's initials are MCI! It's original name was Mid-Continent International.

I had forgotten about that. I drive right by it everytime I go down there.

Re: NE Golf Together THP Style

thedue said:
You might pm Mo_Hacker. He was planning to come from KC region. So is Snickers.

are you suggesting a road trip?? saweet! I love road trips. with snacks.

are you suggesting a road trip?? saweet! I love road trips. with snacks.

I had a dream about a cupcake, with a cookie on top. but the cookie was frosted, and a nice piece of bacon in the frosting

but yes i think im down for this, the only issue, is that it could be a little close to my birthday, and because im on an internship i cant take too much time off

I have a question....

has it always been named 'NE Golf Together' ???

because I've been avoiding this thread......I thougt it was a New England area get together.

I'm retarded.

I have a question....

has it always been named 'NE Golf Together' ???

because I've been avoiding this thread......I thougt it was a New England area get together.

I'm retarded.

I think JB changed the thread title at some point. Can't remember why, but I think he meant it as Nebraska (NE). We have really been calling it the Midwest or The Greater Omaha Outing after our group name. How about we call it the "Snickers Open"? I like that!

By the way, how you feeling? Glad to hear your back at it some.

yesterday was baaad. today seems better.

i'm coming but don't count me for golf. i'll grab a cart and stalk everyone though.

I've been thinking about that and wish I could come up with something special for you to make this as much fun while your there as it is for us golfing. We could put you in charge of the camera and alcohol, but not sure the two would mix, hehe.

Maybe JB or some of the others has an idea.

Would you all like me to change the name from NE to Midwest? Because when I read NE I think Northeast.

That would be great if you could.

Thanks GG.

Looks good to me GG, thank you! If anyone has a better idea let's hear it.

I kind of liked the Snicker Doodles Open :clapp:

I just went back through every page and am attempting to re-update my last re-updated list, lol. So far I'm seeing 14 names that are pretty commited to being here and 5 more who are contemplating the trip. I can post a list of names here and try to get a better head count, but may be a little early to get confirmation from everyone.

If you have a family member that wants to join us or a friend, I'm fine with that, anything to build more THP member ship. (Soakrep is bringing his dad I think). We are getting close to the magical 20 person outing, which could mean some better prizes from the course and who knows maybe I can get some interest from one or two of the golf shops in Omaha.

Snickers, you could be in charge of counting all my strokes. Make sure you wear sandals so you can use your toes to help count.

Thanks to whoever found my error on the MCI vs. KCI mix up. I always do that, but now that I know what it used to be I might remember it better.

Keep up the great work Deuy, you are a great organizer so far! I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of the people on this board! Not to mention I am absolutely dying to play Quarry Oaks and Iron Horse!!!

Keep up the great work Deuy, you are a great organizer so far! I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of the people on this board! Not to mention I am absolutely dying to play Quarry Oaks and Iron Horse!!!

Thanks PB. It sounds like they have an outing in the afternoon at Iron Horse. I have us set for 18 there in the morning, but no replay set up. If anyone wants to play Wednesday afternoon I could call another course. Just let me know what you all want to do.

Here's an updated list of names so far. There are a lot more in the general region that I've not heard from and would love to have them join us. If anyone notices someone who you think would possibly like an invite, go for it and PM them. Everyone is invited, I just need to get a head count to set this all up. The more the merrier.

Cwill
Fourputt
RoyalWulff
Puttin4Bird
Fwyngrns
Crazygolfnut
Sodakrep
Sodakrep's Dad
Mo_Hacker
Snicker.doodles
Dirt_Guy
Thainer21
2659edward
Graz
TheDue

Then a few who have either shown interest, or I just sent some info out to see if they would like to join us: (Hope it works out for you guy's, we'd love to have you join us).

Cyzfitz
Jeffann
Smallville
WhiteRhino
KUJayhawks
KCgolfclubs

Also, keep in mind that friends and family are welcome. We love new members to THP and this would be a great way to start it out.

So far I have two courses set up and three tee start times over two day's. We should be allowed 10 to 15 minutes for the second group to tee off and so on. Sodakrep has graciously said he would find name tags, sorry guy's but it takes me a while to put name with face, lol.

What do you all think about setting up lunch between rounds on first day and/or at end of first round second day? Or, we could always go out for dinner after the first days rounds are over? Just let me know and we can have one of the guy's in that area suggest a spot.

I would just like to point out that I started practicing today, so everyone please bring your A game, lol. My goal is to lose less than 10 balls, hehe, but these are great courses and should be a blast. Let's hear from everyone... ready for a get together?

Name tags sounds like a good idea since it sounds like we'll have a decent size group. I think lunch would be a good idea before I have to continue my journey west since I'd only have time to socialize with the group I golf with otherwise.

I don't have an A game to bring... more like a B-. I was happy with myself yesterday though when I only lost 2 balls on 9 holes (no, I didn't step on a rake :D). I'm really excited for this event!

Name tags sounds like a good idea since it sounds like we'll have a decent size group. I think lunch would be a good idea before I have to continue my journey west since I'd only have time to socialize with the group I golf with otherwise.

I don't have an A game to bring... more like a B-. I was happy with myself yesterday though when I only lost 2 balls on 9 holes (no, I didn't step on a rake :D). I'm really excited for this event!

I hope to get over there to see the course and amenities for myself ahead of time. They may have an area we can set aside to meet and greet, have our lunch and then a few beverages or what ever afterwards. However, if one of you has a better idea for this, by all means toss it out there.

I liked the name tag idea. Getting to know everyone is the best part of the whole get together to me.

Back