I have to find a way to fight my laziness. Working out was so much easier when I had a gym partner now I just keep starting things and then stopping because I get bored. I wish there was a gym closer to my house I would sign up for different classes to keep things fresh. How long did it take to start seeing results from the power 90? Also, if I am pretty out of shape now but used to be in really good shape should I go to power 90 first or skip over to power 90x. Do I need to buy extra things to make it work, I saw some people using a pull up bar. Sorry if I have too many questions.

I have no idea on p90 because I jumped straight into p90x that I borrowed from a friend. Actually, I never knew there was a p90 until it was posted on here. You'll notice the results right away when you're ready to drop and your muscles ache for a day or few. I could tell I was getting a bit leaner after a couple of weeks but results will obviously vary by how hard you push yourself. I'm a glutton for punishment so I went all out. For p90x you can use weights and a pull up bar, resistance bands, or a combination of both. He breaks it down for each because not everyone has access to it all. What do you consider "pretty out of shape" compared to being in "really good shape"? Your knowledge of crossfit makes me think you know what really good shape means. I guess I feel that if you did it once you should be able to get back to that point again. It is intimidating to look at all the moves Tony teaches, but he gives alternatives for those not ready to perform certain exercises.

My best results have been from using kettlebells, sandbags, and manilla rope. It is a fun alternative that I can do outside because I can't stand being cooped up when the days are nice. Most of it I learned through CrossFit and Punch Gym.

What's that? Never heard of it.

With a bum shoulder, there's no point in doing weights. I can't do the upper body stuff, and I do plenty of elliptical (plus situps and stretches), which takes care of the rest of it. Grrr.
Like vicar said, it's a set of DVD's of various workouts going from cardio to sculpting. Minimal equipment is needed and just an area in front of the tv. There is also a diet involved, nothing crazy, just portion size control, balance between protien, carbs, etc and lots of water. My wife and I are both into it.

Like vicar said, it's a set of DVD's of various workouts going from cardio to sculpting. Minimal equipment is needed and just an area in front of the tv. There is also a diet involved, nothing crazy, just portion size control, balance between protien, carbs, etc and lots of water. My wife and I are both into it.

I wish I could JB to do the program with me but I have better luck getting Ellie to be my workout partner.

I have no idea on p90 because I jumped straight into p90x that I borrowed from a friend. Actually, I never knew there was a p90 until it was posted on here. You'll notice the results right away when you're ready to drop and your muscles ache for a day or few. I could tell I was getting a bit leaner after a couple of weeks but results will obviously vary by how hard you push yourself. I'm a glutton for punishment so I went all out. For p90x you can use weights and a pull up bar, resistance bands, or a combination of both. He breaks it down for each because not everyone has access to it all. What do you consider "pretty out of shape" compared to being in "really good shape"? Your knowledge of crossfit makes me think you know what really good shape means. I guess I feel that if you did it once you should be able to get back to that point again. It is intimidating to look at all the moves Tony teaches, but he gives alternatives for those not ready to perform certain exercises.

My best results have been from using kettlebells, sandbags, and manilla rope. It is a fun alternative that I can do outside because I can't stand being cooped up when the days are nice. Most of it I learned through CrossFit and Punch Gym.

When I first started crossfit I could barely run a 1/4 mile and I could never finish a workout. Within two weeks I was running 2 miles with ease and my time was up there with everyone else during the workouts. So I know I can get there but I just didn't know if I was ready for it yet.

When I first started crossfit I could barely run a 1/4 mile and I could never finish a workout. Within two weeks I was running 2 miles with ease and my time was up there with everyone else during the workouts. So I know I can get there but I just didn't know if I was ready for it yet.

The good/bad thing about it is you choose how you're going to follow along. Start easy and work your way into it. Don't let yourself fall into the vortex of just going through the motions (which is very easy to do). Make sure to challenge yourself.

The good/bad thing about it is you choose how you're going to follow along. Start easy and work your way into it. Don't let yourself fall into the vortex of just going through the motions (which is very easy to do). Make sure to challenge yourself.

Thanks Dirt_Guy! It looks like this is a solid program I am going to look into buying it tomorrow. I really appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks Dirt_Guy! It looks like this is a solid program I am going to look into buying it tomorrow. I really appreciate all the feedback.

You're welcome. Fitness is my passion, golf is my hobby, and science is my job. :D

If it doesn't work out for ya, at least they have the "90-Day Money Back" policy. The yoga and kempo tear me up every time... ugh!

You're welcome. Fitness is my passion, golf is my hobby, and science is my job. :D

If it doesn't work out for ya, at least they have the "90-Day Money Back" policy. The yoga and kempo tear me up every time... ugh!

I like that they do the three payments so if you are unhappy you can stop payment and get your money back. I am actually looking forward to the yoga part I have always wanted to take a yoga or pilates class because I have never been flexible and I know how important that is for a healthy body.

I just wish I had a workout partner, someone to push me.

The "300 workout" is a beast. The thing that most people don't understand is that this was a "graduation test" at the end of their months of working out HARD and it was optional (about half of those who trained took the challenge).

I'm not trying to get into a p!$$ing match but check out this video of Punch Gym's 1200 Workout (yes, roughly 1200 reps). This workout dominates me! I can almost get past the intermediate level of 800 reps. These are some fit ladies!

[YOUTUBE]OEJzf-j8IPo[/YOUTUBE]

I wish I could JB to do the program with me but I have better luck getting Ellie to be my workout partner.

Just tell JB his golf game will get better as his stamina and conditioning improves.

Im really getting hooked on spin classes right now at the gym. Cardio was always my down fall and this gets my heart rate up in the 160s for an hour. Its helped my hockey out a lot.

Im really getting hooked on spin classes right now at the gym. Cardio was always my down fall and this gets my heart rate up in the 160s for an hour. Its helped my hockey out a lot.

Spinning is an incredible cardio workout. I used to take spinning classes twice a week it always kicked my butt. Did you get one of those seats for tbe bike? That's a necessesity for spinning.

Spinning is an incredible cardio workout. I used to take spinning classes twice a week it always kicked my butt. Did you get one of those seats for tbe bike? That's a necessesity for spinning.

I had one from when I used to take it but I havent been using it. I probably should start because Im getting monkey butt afterwards.

I had one from when I used to take it but I havent been using it. I probably should start because Im getting monkey butt afterwards.

????...

I used to get it a lot at the track when I rode dirt bikes.
From urban dictionary:

Monkey butt
1) Term used in the motorcycle world to define what your butt looks like after a long ride either on-road or off-road.
2)chafe recieved between the upper thighs and asscrack brought about by sweaty activities such as walking back and forth or working out of doors. Produces a Baboon-like rash on the buttocks.
Spoiler

This one doesnt affect me, but its pretty funny.
Spoiler
3)The condition resulting from inadequate wiping of the anus following defecation, which can cause the afflicted to appear monkey-like as they dig in their butt, trying to appease the itching.

From urban dictionary:

Monkey butt
1) Term used in the motorcycle world to define what your butt looks like after a long ride either on-road or off-road.
2)chafe recieved between the upper thighs and asscrack brought about by sweaty activities such as walking back and forth or working out of doors. Produces a Baboon-like rash on the buttocks.
Spoiler

Spoiler
3)The condition resulting from inadequate wiping of the anus following defecation, which can cause the afflicted to appear monkey-like as they dig in their butt, trying to appease the itching.

Okay--Baboon Butt would be more accurate then, wouldn't it?

What is this special spinning seat GG and Gasman speak of?

I've always just used the special bike shorts with the extra padding in the nether-region.

From urban dictionary:

Monkey butt
Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for sparing us with the visual aid. I was almost skeptical of opening the spoiler.

I've always just used the special bike shorts with the extra padding in the nether-region.

Its just a gel seat cover. I used to use them when I would ride bmx bikes too. I always thought they would help when the seat smacks your junk but I dont think it mattered.

Thanks for sparing us with the visual aid. I was almost skeptical of opening the spoiler.

Below is a picture, it's a life savor on the butt after an hour of spinning. Those seats are rock hard and way too narrow.

pyrcruisexer.jpg

Its just a gel seat cover. I used to use them when I would ride bmx bikes too. I always thought they would help when the seat smacks your junk but I dont think it mattered.

Ah. I've never seen the covers used.

I don't think anything can protect a man from a direct blow. Even cups can only dissipate the pain.

Back