Craziest Thing You Have Hit or Seen Hit on a Golf Course

My cousin hit a goose once on a fly that was by the green on a par 3. Don't think it hurt it bad, it just took off like it scared the crap out of it.

I was once last year walking up to a green that is about 20 yards to the side of a 150 yard par 3 green. Happened to look back just as a tee shot from the par 3 was coming at me. It bounced prolly 10 feet from me as I looked and while it was coming at my face I was quick enough to swat it with my hand before it hit me. True story on the super quick swat, not an #InternetGolfer story :D And the guy got mad at me to top it off.

I was playing with a buddy a few years back and hit hit a worm burner of a drive. About 100 yards out we see this poof of feathers fly up into the air. As we drive up to his ball we see the body of a seagull lying there.

Few years ago I pulled my 3W off the tee, hit the cart path, big bounce and then it hit the BEER CART girl stopped on the adjacent hole..........oh the HORROR!
Thank goodness that I did not put her out of commission or there would have been a lot of cranky golfers on a hot day.

Back when I lived in NY I hit a goose mid flight. It was a loud thud and he came falling down making a crazy noise for a while. I felt really bad about it.

I shanked a **** into another cart's dash area. What was said is that the guys opted to move there verb after watching me hit my tee shot 50 yards right

First was a brown headed cowbird. He was probing the green with his beak and I dropped a wedge shot on the back of his head. He staggered off and eventually flew away.

Second, I played a new course and did not realize that I was on a different hole than was described in the guide. I mis-clubbed and hit a condo beyond the green. The ball bounced back in bounds but I made bogey.
Third was on purpose. I saw a gator on the opposite bank of a pond and I konked him with a sand wedge shot; he did not flinch.

You have to watch out for those brown headed cow birds :thumb:

We use to have a free to play 9 hole course near where we lived. The first hole was a par 4 that had a fairly busy road running down the right side. It wasn't a rare occurrence for someone to slice a tee shot into the road. My brother did it several times. One day he crushed one that promptly starts cutting towards the road. It so happens that a big open bed truck full of watermelons was traveling down the road. My brother's tee shot landed on the fly into the bed of the truck which caused at least one watermelon to explode. Watermelon was all over the road. The person driving never even slowed down.

Be the ball!!

years ago, a buddy and I were playing. there was a 4-some in front of us walking with push carts. they were about to clear the green of a short par 4 and had left their carts between the green and the cart path. as they were walking toward their carts, I decided to tee off thinking I'd never come near them. I just didn't have the game to hit one straight, much less that long up hill. Well, I really caught it good and the ball is arcing right for their carts as they're clearing the green. We yell "fore" and they stop / duck. I see the ball come down but lost it as it got close to the ground. I see it bounce once and a couple seconds later they all start yelling and cheering. My buddy is thinking I just aced the hole. He tees off quick and we ran up there. Turns out my ball landed right in one of the guys ball caps hanging from his push cart.

I once hit a cement mixer...
Playing in a scramble and teeing off next to a road under construction. We had a safe one so I decided to step on it and as always happens I end up pulling it and line drive right into the mirror of a cement truck. Thankfully it hit the truck otherwise I would have hit a worker. As we drive the cart past the truck the driver is laughing and waves us on.

Mine was pretty interesting and just happened Saturday. I saw someone hit the tee box marker that they were hitting from. Literally hit it sideways and an inch off the ground

my playing partner teed off first on a 175 yard par 3, he hit a nice shot, ball landed about ten feet short of pin and one hopped to about 4 feet, then i hit my tee shot, landed about 12 feet short and hopped right into his ball mark and stay in it.

hhhhhmmmmmm.....tee markers......hhhhhhmmmmm, rum barrels at rum pointe in oc......hhhhhhhmmmmm........the crest????????????????

Craziest I have seen was this year. At a VFW charity event holes 6 & 7 are parallel yet go opposite directions. Watched my buddy tee off and slice right. The other hole teed off and mid air we watched the balls smack in the air. Only found one ball. Craziest I have seen happen. I mean what are ther chances of balls colliding in mid air.

Craziest thing I've seen is when a guy I was playing with hit a shot from the rough that hit a tree 10 yds in front of him and it popped back towards him and landed in his stand bag and fell to the bottom. We all had a good laugh. He was a good sport but was most upset that he would have to take all of his clubs out of his bag at home to get the ball out.

playing in an open club day teeing off on the dog leg right par 4 1st, i took on the corner (blind shot) - was given the go by my playing partners - striped a drive and wandered off up the fairway with a skip in my step as i was most proud of my opening shot, walked around the dog leg to see the green and the was a bit of a scene up there with the people ahead crowded around someone laying on the ground - turns out i have really got it out of the screws and the ball hit the ladies club captain on the fly in her ample rump, needless to say i wasnt the most popular person on the course that day

She did have her revenge as a week or so later she bowled up to me in the club house and proceeded to show me the dinner plate sized bruise (and way more of her than anyone should ever see) - something i never want to see again

Craziest Thing You Have Hit or Seen Hit on a Golf Course

When I was about 16 I had a horror show off the 15th tee which runs parallel to the club entrance. There's a wooden fence separating the hole and the drive that's made out of a load of stakes and two tree limbs that run at 90* to them. The reason I say tree limbs is that they aren't straight, just go up and down in random curves.

Anyway, I tee up the Nike ball I found on the previous hole, hit my tee shot with the driver and whilst it flies straight for a bit, it then does the horror slice move. What's worse is that there's a guy driving his 4x4 down the driveway, who's watching my shot and clearly doesn't know whether to keep going or stop as it's headed straight for him. Both car and ball head behind a small tree and we hear a thud. Heart in mouth, I see the driver pull away toward the car park and my ball bounce into the fairway after hitting the undulating fence beam.

To this day I have never had a luckier shot, and I have never used a Nike ball again (slice machines I tell you)!

Last year, I pulled a drive so badly on a resort course in Spain, it hit the "For Sale" sign on one of the adjacent apartments and bounce nicely back onto the fairway. I turned to the 2 guys I was playing with and shrugged "meant to do that..."

a few weeks ago, I had a tee shot that went straight to the most missable tree ever (it was only a couple of inches wide) and hit it square on, I see the ball returning right back towards me, flying a couple of feet over my head and land on the back tee box...

A few years back, my 4some is on the tee for a dog-leg left par 4. As we step up, the ranger (an older gentleman) comes out of the woods on his cart at the point where the fairway starts it's dog-leg, he waives us up. 3 of us hit fine, the 4th bombs one right at him. We are yelling "FORE" and he looks up and sees it coming, jumps out of his cart and gets behind a tree. For some reason, he steps out before the ball lands and just as he did, the ball hit him "on the fly"...literally... no bounce, right out of the air...perfect nut shot. He goes down like a sack of bricks. We all run up the fairway to see how he is, and by the time we get to him, he's on his knees catching his breath. We say "Hey pal, you ok?" and his reply is "Yeah, I am, but I'm worried about when I get home. My wife hasn't seen it swollen like this in years!" Priceless.

A few years back, my 4some is on the tee for a dog-leg left par 4. As we step up, the ranger (an older gentleman) comes out of the woods on his cart at the point where the fairway starts it's dog-leg, he waives us up. 3 of us hit fine, the 4th bombs one right at him. We are yelling "FORE" and he looks up and sees it coming, jumps out of his cart and gets behind a tree. For some reason, he steps out before the ball lands and just as he did, the ball hit him "on the fly"...literally... no bounce, right out of the air...perfect nut shot. He goes down like a sack of bricks. We all run up the fairway to see how he is, and by the time we get to him, he's on his knees catching his breath. We say "Hey pal, you ok?" and his reply is "Yeah, I am, but I'm worried about when I get home. My wife hasn't seen it swollen like this in years!" Priceless.

extremely funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

te2ehera.jpg

Here's some intimidation for you. Long par 5 just got longer

Last year, I played in a scramble to kick off a buddy's bachelor party. At that time, I seriously hadn't swung a club in over a year. So we show up on the first tee and I'm a bit nervous about where this thing is going.

I played a rather wide slide at that time. First tee is a straight par 4 with a road running parallel down the left side. I line up my tee pretty much to the road, expecting it to swing back right. I absolutely nail this thing, but it doesn't bend. It never even got above head high but screamed down the road—had there been a van there it might have been manslaughter.

There was a dip in the road. We saw my ball travel down it in the right lane, go down the hill, then go over the second hill, still running straight with the road.

Good news is it was probably hole high!

There's a soda machine between 2 adjacent greens on my home course. You'd have to skull it to get over the green and sand yet under the tree above to get into the large hole in the back of the machine which is what I done, never to be seen again.

Had a random playing hit a low thin iron shot that hit a duck square in the beak . Knocked off his beak , he thought it was hilarious . Others ( including ) myself thought otherwise . I called the humane society at the turn , and we went out and found the duck . They did all they could for him , but he had severe damage done to his jaw and facial area . They has to put the duck down . Was a sad ordeal

I'm no stranger to killing birds on the course unfortunately.... I've got a duck, a dove and a goose (that one was was awful). My dad shanked a ball into a deer's behind once which was hilarious. That poor thing never knew what hit him. Deer can leap INSANE heights in an instant!

My buddy got hit in the groin from an errant approach shot while at the water cooler last year.
The course was very tight, we were waiting to tee off so my buddy goes over to the water cooler and we hear "smack" then "ahhh". One of the guys coming up the adjoining fairway pull his shot and it hit the water cooler "house" and ricocheted right into my buddy.
They guy came up and said sorry for the shot then we told him what happened and he was very apologetic.

Just TODAY! I go to tee off and done a outside-in stupid swing. As I thought it was gonna hit the granite marker on the womens tee box, POOF feathers went everywhere. I nailed a bird.
My playing partner and I was in awe and said....did that really happen lol wow

Back