Craziest Thing You Have Hit or Seen Hit on a Golf Course

In high school I once saw player on an elevated tee box hit a dead pull that hit the center of a tree about 10 yards in front of the box. It ricochet so hard it flew straight back past the tee box, rolled down the back of the box and onto the green of the previous hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver stuck in a tree by a thper last sept

I've watched a few cars get hit on a Par 3 that's next to a road at the course I grew up playing. I once played at a course that had a local rule about hitting the power line off the tee on this one specific hole. Apparently they had to install the power lines in that spot, so the locals said if you wanted to, you could re-tee if you didn't like where the ball ended up. Guess who hit the power line, me. I've seen a few guys get nailed, nothing crazy.

A couple years ago, we were playing Pinecrest in Holliston, MA. My wife tees up on the par 3 17th and hits a wicked hook into the woods off the right side of the fairway, which is followed by a loud "thwack!". The ball shoots out of the woods, onto the green and comes to rest about 3 feet from the cup.

I was walking up to the 8th hole on a very slow day on the Black at Bethpage last summer (turned out to be a horrific 6hr round), 8th hole from the whites is usually around 170yds.....anyway I digress, so we are waiting on the tee box and the group in front of us was getting to the green....the collar in front of the green is very tight and on a incline that leads to a little pond (water is gross by the way)....well this guy and his pushcart stops on the incline and he walks up to the green apparently not setting the brake, the cart starts to roll towards the water, the guy seeing this sets off after it and the cart and the golfer reach the edge of the water at the same time he makes a grab for it....you can guess what happened next, as the cart tipped forward and went into the water he goes in right after it....it was the funniest thing I ever saw, just wishing I had video it. One of the guys in our 4some had a caddy that day and he was literally crying he was laughing that hard.....

First was a brown headed cowbird. He was probing the green with his beak and I dropped a wedge shot on the back of his head. He staggered off and eventually flew away.

Second, I played a new course and did not realize that I was on a different hole than was described in the guide. I mis-clubbed and hit a condo beyond the green. The ball bounced back in bounds but I made bogey.

Third was on purpose. I saw a gator on the opposite bank of a pond and I konked him with a sand wedge shot; he did not flinch.

OK, my craziest golf shot ever. It was almost 30 years ago now so I can joke about it.

I'm 16yo and on the first tee of the muni course that we used in high school, a par-4 with a road paralleling it on the right side and another road intersecting at a right angle by the parking lot for the course. I've messed around with golf for a year or two but never had decent lessons.

I take out the driver , take a big 16-year-old whack at the ball and hit the worst banana slice that you've ever seen. It starts right and curves straight toward the road, about ten feet off the ground. It clears the road, goes **CLANG** into the back of the stop sign across the intersection... and then ricochets back across the road, onto the course and into the right rough.

I was horrified, amazed and relived at the same time. My friend was laughing so hard he dropped his clubs.

Last edited:
My course's opening hole has a road running along the left of it, and further left is a 4-lane highway. I have personally hit a brand new oncoming Subaru and left a nice ding in the hood (not a fun round of golf after that). I have seen someone duck hook a ball onto the highway and hit a guy riding a motorcycle. That almost ended up in a fist fight, no bueno...

I can neither confirm or deny I may have put a few in the vicinity of the East Gate at Ramstein Air Base when "one got away from me" when teeing off on the 400 yard, Par 4, Fourth hole. I distinctly remember screeching tires one time...

My teammate in highschool. He was standing under a tree about 250 out. Hit in the top of the tree, straight down through the tree and hit him on top of the head. He went down like a sack of potatoes..

Loving all of these thus far..... To add to my original list, I also took out a flamingo on the 8th Hole at the Blue Monster back when I was in 8th Grade

I think Erky needs to tell everyone about his trip to Championsgate. Unless PETA has scared him into secrecy.

Golden Ticket

[shudder]

The craziest thing I have seen on the course was a single that got paired with myself and another friend.
The single seemed like a decent guy and was a pretty decent player. But after a couple of bad holes, somewhere around the 13th or 14th hole, he hit a really bad slice drive O.B.
He then proceeded to punch himself several times in the face and forehead. I'm not talking about light taps or slaps. I am talking full force punches.
He gave himself a bloody nose and cut his forehead with his ring. I have never seen anything like that in my life. I started laughing so hard I though I would wet myself.
The guy cleaned himself up a little, teed up another ball and smacked it down the middle. Then he apologized for the outburst.

I've got one buddy that has all the bad luck/funny things happy to him. He has pretty good swing speed and a strong descending blow, especially with his irons.

I've seen him snap a driver & a 3 wood of course with water in front resulting in lost heads.

He hit a low 5 iron at our home course the summer after it opened. They had capped pvc pipes for the 150 markers. He blasts the marker on #8 from about 75 yards away and shatters it.

At a local muni, we play a scamble outing every summer hosted by a local Auto Parts store. The course has some really tight holes with tee boxes and greens packed in together along the back of the property, restricted by the adjoining railroad tracks. #15 has an elevated teebox with a chainlink fence guarding the back of the teebox from errant shots from the #14 teebox. The there is another fence protect the cart parking area for the #14 green and #15 teebox.

So its a crowded area. One of the carts is parked just in front of the #15 teebox, just to the side of the fence. My buddy scalds a low drive that ricochets off the top of the cart at about a 75 degree angle to the right and sails directly between all four golfers on the #14 green. Could have killed any one of them.

Saw a guy hit a dump truck head on while it was driving 45 MPH in the opposite direction we were teeing off.

Also in high school, I saw a guy dunk a golf ball on a par 3 from about 160 yards out. That was pretty awesome.

I've hit my own cart, a green side port-o potty, quite a few houses, but what takes the cake is a wishing well. Off the tee it's like 230ish. I was using it as a directional point as the hole dog legs right 90 degrees just beyond it. Plunked it right down In it with a 3w. Couldn't do it again if I tried.

I got three of em

1) playing with a buddy one day who hits 3w into a par 5 only to nail a seagull in mid air about 100 yards off the face of the club....feathers explode and bird and ball landed in a fairway bunker.

2) I wish I could find the picture...but on the 17th hole in IOWA (Freakin Iowa) White Rhino nailed a shot into the golf cart that literally wedged between the bag and the cart

3) I saw Jman Icejack an Escalade off a tee in Austin with a massive hook that went 50 yards left and tagged the SUV at fullspeed.

Saw a guy worm burn a tee shot into a hill side as a squirrel was running across it, and the squirrel actually had to jump over the ball in flight. I seriously about lost it.

playing in a bar sponsored scramble, i saw a guy waiting to tee off on a par 3 get hit from a sliced ball from 2 fairways over. it hit him right in the beer can he was holding, it look like the beer can just exploded!!!! ...such a bad waste of a beer :arrogant:

I hit my ball into a birds nest last year and it was full of eggs. I was surprised mom and dad weren't around to harass me as I took an unplayable. Even though it was technically playable, I don't think any future animals have to die so I can top it up the fairway a few yards.
yqu7uqy2.jpg

When I was younger, whacked a killdeer with a nasty slice.

Last summer borrowed a buddy's more modern driver and promptly overshot the fairway straight on a sharp dogleg right and hit a hospital. Just prooved my old driver was crap.

Brother just nailed a porta John with a golfer in it . He hit a low screaming thin 5 iron 20 yards over the green..dead solid into the wall of the unit. Guy opened the door immediately ..looked like he was going to have a heart attack.. We felt so shocked at the time..but a few holes later, we were literally rolling in laughter

I hit a bedroom wall of a house last year on True Blue at the Morgan Cup.

Back