Craziest Thing You Have Hit or Seen Hit on a Golf Course

I hit my brother in his back with my ball from about 150 hitting back to the tee box. It was a one hopper he was fine.

Craziest thing happens to be the funniest thing I ever seen on the course. I was golfing with 3 other buds, 1 hits it off the fairway where there are a couple trees.....its a easy out...no problem. He addresses the ball, hits it....he hits a tree.....the ball goes straight up into the air.....like 50+ feet!!!! the funny thing was not only did he hit the tree but the ball was flying straight on top of him!! So he is ducking down, actually watching the balls' shadow on the ground since it was midday!! so he's running around ducking like a headless chicken trying to avoid being hit!!! LOL so this all takes place in about 5-10 seconds........the ball does eventually come down.....hits him on top of the head and he goes down!!!!! MY GOD!!!! WE ARE ALL LAUGHING SO HARD WE WERE ALL ROLLING AROUND ON THE FAIRWAY LAUGHING!!!!! it was one of those moments where you wish you had a camcorder!!! jhahahahahhahahha

The craziest thing I have seen on the course was a single that got paired with myself and another friend.
The single seemed like a decent guy and was a pretty decent player. But after a couple of bad holes, somewhere around the 13th or 14th hole, he hit a really bad slice drive O.B.
He then proceeded to punch himself several times in the face and forehead. I'm not talking about light taps or slaps. I am talking full force punches.
He gave himself a bloody nose and cut his forehead with his ring. I have never seen anything like that in my life. I started laughing so hard I though I would wet myself.
The guy cleaned himself up a little, teed up another ball and smacked it down the middle. Then he apologized for the outburst.

That reminds me of Jim Carrey in me, myself , and Irene.

Jackal

The craziest thing I have ever seen was mentioned in the first post, a buddy of mine hit his tee shot, on a par three, into the bed of a moving pickup truck. The person just kept driving, oblivious to what had just happened.

For me one shot that stands out is when we were on our annual golf trip playing a scramble and we were slightly behind a tree and I hit a laser hybrid right into the tree and is ricocheted right back through all of us standing there, we all dove out of the way and luckily no one was hurt.

eheme4em.jpg
I hit and killed this goose with a 3 hybrid to the neck. It was not a pretty death... My buddies at work posted these signs the next day
qavype6e.jpg

I heard War Eagle got nailed in the calf once when another person was going for a par 5 in two and badly mishit it.

I also saw JConn on a par 3 shank it and hit the window frame of a house. Half a ball over and that window was shattered. Also, the people were home. We know because we saw the owner come outside and look at his house wondering what the heck just hit it.

Lol. Great memories from the Outing. I was hot up until then, ha ha. I think we still beat you guys!

Lol. Great memories from the Outing. I was hot up until then, ha ha. I think we still beat you guys!

I'm kind of interested to hear what happened after you hit the window..

Playing the ninth hole at a tough course called bittersweet near me....it's a straight away par five with water and houses(O.B.) down the left and water/houses trees down the right side. My dad hit a ball straight right into the woods....we heard it hit something hard. As we're going up the fairway...a guy came walking out of his house. Somehow the ball made it through the woods about 200 yards....went through a little porthole sized window on his second level and landed in his sink.....still no idea how it made it through all that. Expensive tee shot for sure!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Just hit the frame...an impressive shot if you ask me. The window was big, the frame was pretty small, just sayin'.

Did you tell the owner you did it?

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

As Mward said... I was hit with a dead pull off the end of a Mashie F5 held by another THPer. Right in the back of the calf. Had a nasty hematoma.

Yep, hematoma.

I was playing a local muni years ago with my brother and a random guy we got paired with. My brother hit the ball on the green on a par 3. A fox ran out of the woods, grabbed the ball with his mouth, and took off for the woods. The random guy had seen this before and threw a club at the fox. The fox dropped the ball (further from the hole than where it was originally) and ran off. I told my brother he had to play it where it lay. :)

1) Our Range floods in the spring and all the ducks and geese move in. I hit a goose with a ball off the driver and it dropped out of the air like a sack of flour.
2) I smoked a drunk guy right in the ribs with a hook off the driver (He jumped out of nowhere into our fairway). His entire side was black and purple.
3) On Kauai in Hawaii at the course right beside the Costco I pulled a ball high and left, it hit a tractor that was driving down the road and bounced back inside the white stakes.

I saw a ball hit another ball. In midair. From full shots (someone hooked into another fairway as someone else was hitting an approach). It was amazing.

I saw a ball hit another ball. In midair. From full shots (someone hooked into another fairway as someone else was hitting an approach). It was amazing.
That had to have been crazy to see. Did either have decent results?

My wife had a 100 yd. par 3. She pulled out her driver. I had already learned NOT to try to help her (iceberg everything for a few days!). Anyway, she hit her best driver of the day. It would have gone 150-175 if the golf restaurant had not been in the way. She hit the side of the restaurant SO hard that there was a perfect Pink Lady golf ball mark on the siding for years.

It bounced off the siding and ONTO the green. She missed her birdie putt, but made par!!!

Teed off a low pull hook, bounced off new rock wall, ricocheted off a back hoe, hit a tree and landed on the previous tee box as group behind was approaching. Told them "Don't ask."

Been hit by a worm burner I could hear coming towards me from a FW in the left butt cheek. I was off the fairway way ahead, it was dusk, and the guy yelled...I could only turn and wait. Could hear that ball rushing across the ground at me, oddest feeling knowing what was about to happen. He couldn't apologize enough it seemed...I just laughed.

Saw a guy hit and kill a robin on a grass range after topping a hybrid. Bird had no time to react and just feathers and a flop. Nobody said a word and the guy left his bucket, grabbed his clubs and just left. Never got to thank him for the extra balls.

Driver stuck in a tree by a thper last sept

was not stuck

was put there

"ME" I was standing over the ball for my second shot on a par five, just as I go into my swing, swosh bang right into my left arm. Some guy in the fairway to my right came running to check on me, and we finally spot a guy coming from the fairway on my left. He had hit his tee shot with the driver instead of waiting for me to move on towards the green. I had a few not so calm words of advice for him and had to call it a day. It had bruised my arm, cut the skin and I had dimples for almost a week.

That had to have been crazy to see. Did either have decent results?

Nope. They both shot off towards opposite sides of the fairway. I told my friend (the one hitting the approach shot) to take a mulligan. I'm not sure what the official rules have to say about that situation.

Playing a local 9 hole course about 5 years ago, with a guy who would play twice a year. 1st hole is 100 yard par 3, with 100ft netting to protect homes on the left side of fairway. Guy hits a crazy pop-up hook over the netting and through the open blinds of 2nd floor window of the first home 40 yards away from tee box. Woman poked her head out, yelling "Who did that?" He walked over to apologized, but she didn't want to hear it.

Playing bachelor party about 3 years ago, with groom who had just taken up game. Teeing of on 12th (supposed to be hitting in north direction) after many many drinks. The groom-to-be blocks his drive dead right (east direction), into the fairway of the 17 fairway. We start yelling FORE at a woman, walking up to 17th green. At the last moment she looks down at the ground, right before she is struck firmly on her forehead and falls face first into the airway. We ran over and used the ice from our beers, to help the golf size bump that had already started to show on her head. She thanked us for the ice and walked off course. She refused our offers to take her to clubhouse or call paramedics.

I only came back to playing golf last year, and here are a few of my 'greatest hits' just in that time.

1. The #1 tee box at my home course (Champion's Run, Rockvale, TN) is maybe 50 yards short of the course parking lot, which is on the left side. I teed up one morning with a few guys I didn't know, and I hit a worm-burner/snap hook that hit the ground twice, then bounced into the little hill leading to the lot, then hit the side of the car in the corner spot...low velocity at that point, so no damage. One of the young guys I'm with says "dude, you hit that car!" I replied, "ya, that's my car." It was.

2. The 12th hole at Smyrna National ("National?" Yep...it's really an average muni, but that's what it's called) here in TN has a four lane high-traffic road along the left side. The hole leads you a bit right, but it's completely possible (and not all that hard) to hook it into the street. One day I teed off there and to this day I'm certain I hit the best (from a distance/strike perspective) drive that hooked just enough to clear the chain link fence. Traffic was heavy, and I feared the worst. The ball bounced in the right lane, a mile high then to bounce in the center turn lane, then the turn lane again (I'm not breathing as cars are zooming in all four lanes), then directly in front of a tricked out new-ish Mustang, then in the far shoulder, then over the fence into the front yard of a factory or some such. Whew.

The next guy up hits pretty much exactly the same shot. Sadly for him, his landed squarely in the center of the hood of a _brand new_ (like, no-plates-yet new) Jeep. Insurance information was exchanged, and we played on.

3. I made some new golf buddies last summer who have gone on to become good friends and regular golfing partners. On the day I met one of these guys, I attempted a flop shot in order to clear a medium height green-side tree. I'm not an expert, but one thing I know about a flop shot is that you have to really commit to it so as not to decelerate. Well I committed alright...and hit a full-bore bladed/shank screamer about 5 feet off the ground, directly at the...er...sensitive area...of my newly-made-that-day golf buddy. Luckily for him, he has really fast reflexes...the kind an athlete might have, and he managed to knock the ball down with his hand, and nobody was injured.

Luckily for me, he a) was unhurt and b) has a great sense of humor. Why luckily for me? Of all the people in the world I could have hit, I picked Anthony Hicks, ex-NFL linebacker.

Back