Below is a picture, it's a life savor on the butt after an hour of spinning. Those seats are rock hard and way too narrow.

I see. I've never really had a problem with the seats. I guess that's because our instructor always has us out of the saddle and "climbing hills" before the pain sets in.

I see. I've never really had a problem with the seats. I guess that's because our instructor always has us out of the saddle and "climbing hills" before the pain sets in.

GG is right, they help a lot. I guess im trying to build a callus if its possible.

Ah. I've never seen the covers used.

I don't think anything can protect a man from a direct blow. Even cups can only dissipate the pain.

I would imagine you are right but the seat is more for the butt because those seats hurt so bad and after an hour of up down up down and vigorous cycling the bones in your butt hurt and the seat helps a ton.

GG is right, they help a lot. I guess im trying to build a callus if its possible.

I would imagine you are right but the seat is more for the butt because those seats hurt so bad and after an hour of up down up down and vigorous cycling the bones in your butt hurt and the seat helps a ton.

I guess my bike shorts do the same thing now that I look at them. They have a chamois liner to absorb the sweat and make a nice cushion.

Had a killer workout tonight and will be walking the course tomorrow. Wondering what the effect will be on my game tomorrow.:confused2:

Im starting to cramp up when my heart rate gets in the 170s. Its in my upper back area. Any recommendations?

Had a killer workout tonight and will be walking the course tomorrow. Wondering what the effect will be on my game tomorrow.:confused2:

I can only imagine how your workout was. I just started the P90X today and I couldn't lift my arms to wash my hair. There were some exercises that I did 0 reps because I couldn't push myself back up.

Im starting to cramp up when my heart rate gets in the 170s. Its in my upper back area. Any recommendations?

My guess is your posture is causing your pain. When you get to a higher intensity you are probably compensating for the extra strain on the body by slouching a little. The best things to do are ensure you are working out your core muscles as well as stretching properly after your workouts. The core exercise will help with keeping the body in the correct posture and the stretching will prevent the muscles from being so tight and getting cramped.

My guess is your posture is causing your pain. When you get to a higher intensity you are probably compensating for the extra strain on the body by slouching a little. The best things to do are ensure you are working out your core muscles as well as stretching properly after your workouts. The core exercise will help with keeping the body in the correct posture and the stretching will prevent the muscles from being so tight and getting cramped.

I always try and remember posture but sometimes it goes out the window. You think thats what it is though and not a lack or too much water. I get it the most when Im playing hockey.

I always try and remember posture but sometimes it goes out the window. You think thats what it is though and not a lack or too much water. I get it the most when Im playing hockey.

It won't be too much water. I highly doubt it is lack of water as well. If you say it happens when you play hockey it almost totally makes me think its your posture. When you get tired from playing hockey I bet your posture goes right out the window. I would work on building your abdominals and lower back muscles. I am not saying that you have to do 1000 crunches but there are all sorts of exercises that can help build the core.

It won't be too much water. I highly doubt it is lack of water as well. If you say it happens when you play hockey it almost totally makes me think its your posture. When you get tired from playing hockey I bet your posture goes right out the window. I would work on building your abdominals and lower back muscles. I am not saying that you have to do 1000 crunches but there are all sorts of exercises that can help build the core.

It makes sense, it pretty much happens whenever I get my heart rate up high but hockey seems to get it up there for longer periods of time. Ive been taking pilates classes to try and work more on my core but thats only once a week. Maybe I need to step it up to twice a week.

It makes sense, it pretty much happens whenever I get my heart rate up high but hockey seems to get it up there for longer periods of time. Ive been taking pilates classes to try and work more on my core but thats only once a week. Maybe I need to step it up to twice a week.

It won't hurt if thats what you are worried about...lol.

Idealy when you are doing any strength training you want to stimulate the muscles 2-4 times per week. Making sure you rest the muscles for at least 48 hours between session to give them a chance to recover. I used to have lower back pain because I never did any cardio and no stretching. Now that I do cardio and stretching as part of all my workouts and have built my core as well I don't have the pain at all. I used to have a hard time sitting comfortably driving my car but those days are long gone.

It won't hurt if thats what you are worried about...lol.

Idealy when you are doing any strength training you want to stimulate the muscles 2-4 times per week. Making sure you rest the muscles for at least 48 hours between session to give them a chance to recover. I used to have lower back pain because I never did any cardio and no stretching. Now that I do cardio and stretching as part of all my workouts and have built my core as well I don't have the pain at all. I used to have a hard time sitting comfortably driving my car but those days are long gone.

I used to do a lot more strength training and weightlifting when I rode a lot of motocross but now I have an abbreviated schedule. Hockey once a week, pilates once a week, spin twice a week if I can and golf. I have battled lower back pains my whole life but this one is different. It comes on like im getting stabbed in the back and goes away once I rest or just power through it. Its always in the same spot, upper back under my right shoulder every time. I do a lot of stretching right now on days I work out but not so much on my off days.

I used to do a lot more strength training and weightlifting when I rode a lot of motocross but now I have an abbreviated schedule. Hockey once a week, pilates once a week, spin twice a week if I can and golf. I have battled lower back pains my whole life but this one is different. It comes on like im getting stabbed in the back and goes away once I rest or just power through it. Its always in the same spot, upper back under my right shoulder every time. I do a lot of stretching right now on days I work out but not so much on my off days.

Maybe you should have it checked out. It could be a pinched nerve or something like that.

Maybe you should have it checked out. It could be a pinched nerve or something like that.

That would be to easy. :act-up:
I have to complain about it for at least a month before I get something done.

That would be to easy. :act-up:
I have to complain about it for at least a month before I get something done.

That must be in the Guyble or somrthing. Sigh.

I just started the P90X today and I couldn't lift my arms to wash my hair. There were some exercises that I did 0 reps because I couldn't push myself back up.

I know your pain...P90X is insane. I made it through the 1st month, but I hurt my elbow the first day of month 2 by overdoing it. I'll be starting from the beginning again soon!

Just keep pushing play.

I agree with aubs. Most likely your posture is being compromised because you're focused more on keeping your pedals moving than having good form. Something you might try out is adjusting the bike setup if possible. If you could raise the handlebars, it could set you a bit more upright and eliminate some stress from supporting your upper body.

If it happens to you in hockey as well, I'd guess it to be a posture issue. The pads and/or stick holding position is probably causing a bit of slouching when you're a bit worn down and focused with other tasks at hand.

You core muscles are important but I believe that strengthening your back muscles will give you better results in this instance (since you say it is your upper back). I don't know how your classes/exercises are, but a lot of the ones I've seen don't emphasize much back work (rear deltoid and lats). Most of them have good chest workouts in the form of chest presses, push-ups, or holding the plank for an extended period of time. Too much chest work without a reciprocating back exercise can cause the shoulders to pull forward and cause improper posture.

I can only imagine how your workout was. I just started the P90X today and I couldn't lift my arms to wash my hair. There were some exercises that I did 0 reps because I couldn't push myself back up.

Well you know, no pain, no gain. Is JB laughing at you?

You core muscles are important but I believe that strengthening your back muscles will give you better results in this instance (since you say it is your upper back). I don't know how your classes/exercises are, but a lot of the ones I've seen don't emphasize much back work (rear deltoid and lats). Most of them have good chest workouts in the form of chest presses, push-ups, or holding the plank for an extended period of time. Too much chest work without a reciprocating back exercise can cause the shoulders to pull forward and cause improper posture.

Ill have to start focusing a little more on my upper back. Maybe some bent over rows and pull ups are in order. I really have tried to stear clear of weights since my hand surgery, any other ideas?

Ill have to start focusing a little more on my upper back. Maybe some bent over rows and pull ups are in order. I really have tried to stear clear of weights since my hand surgery, any other ideas?

You could check into visiting a massage therapist too. It could just be a knot in your muscles that needs worked out. I just remembered I had a similar problem with a particular spot on my back cramping on me at times during exercise.

I know your pain...P90X is insane. I made it through the 1st month, but I hurt my elbow the first day of month 2 by overdoing it. I'll be starting from the beginning again soon!

Just keep pushing play.

Thank you, I need all the motivation I can get! I actually had to take day 2 off because I couldn't lift or bend my arms but I am feeling much better today (which is day 3) so I will get right back at it. I am trying to decide if I should make today day 2 and just skip my rest day on Sunday or make today day 3 and just keep on schedule?

This was a much more intense workout then I expected. Whoever came up with a push up where your feet are on a chair is just crazy! I am a female with zero upper body strength, I pushed up once, made it back to the ground and never got back up again haha.

Well you know, no pain, no gain. Is JB laughing at you?

He has been making fun of me from the day the box arrived at the house. He is not a good source of encouragement. When I was doing crossfit, which I LOVED, I had to stop because he kept complaining about me waking up early to go work out. It disturbed his sleep...which was crazy because he would just wake up 15 minutes later anyhow. So I am not looking to him for encouragement.

Just into the 2nd month of Insanity. It sure is living up to its name. Anyone else done/doing this workout?

Just into the 2nd month of Insanity. It sure is living up to its name. Anyone else done/doing this workout?

I'm doing P90x but did look at Insanity. It looks, well, insane. Seems like a LOT of cardio. I really like resistance training but will do cardio because I know I should. I'm not sure I'd want to do mostly cardio though. Do you like it?

I'm doing P90x but did look at Insanity. It looks, well, insane. Seems like a LOT of cardio. I really like resistance training but will do cardio because I know I should. I'm not sure I'd want to do mostly cardio though. Do you like it?

I'm liking it - It definately has improved my core strength and helped me flatten out the spare tire so far. I would say that if you are really out of shape its not a great starting point simply because it is too hard. Its funny watching the other participants on the dvds - typically you watch a workout video and everyone is smiling and pounding out the reps - here people are getting run down and needing to take breaks all over the place.

I like that it doesn't require any equipment at all - all the resistance is done with your body weight (there are alot of pushups/jumping/balance moves). That being said I wouldn't expect to add any sort of bulk with Insanity - like you mentioned the focus is cardio and core strength. I think I might follow this up with p90x at some point. You having a good experience with that so far?

Back