TaylorMade Forged irons: Coming next year?

how cool is it that you can get a 2 iron? i want one!

geez the man just starts hitting a 3i and now look at him! I remember I found an old Ben Hogan 1 iron in my parents basement growing up. I tried hitting that thing for a month.

Man, I wish they had put up some more pictures

Thanks for the post, Bob! I see the CB's are slightly stronger lofted, but still weaker than the sets that I currently own. I wish they had more pics!

Great post BirdieBob! Now I'm even MORE excited to see real life THP in hand pics. Nothing looks as good as THP in hand pics!

I completely agree!!!

Dude! I thought the exact same thing! I hope these things are at the outing as well as I really want to try them and compair them to my current Diablo Forged. The CB has a forged face with a cast cavety. Technology. I wonder how the weighting system works.

Please have these at the outing JB :drool:

They look nice!

Man, I wish they had put up some more pictures

Me too. Would love to see how they look when addressing the ball

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Dude! I thought the exact same thing! I hope these things are at the outing as well as I really want to try them and compair them to my current Diablo Forged. The CB has a forged face with a cast cavety. Technology. I wonder how the weighting system works.

Please have these at the outing JB :drool:

no 2 iron in the CB's setho! imo, the CB's are the best looking of the bunch.

damn, you will need to register that as a weapon of mass destruction! 'prepare to launch missile!'

Oh, my bad! I will catch up with times. HAHA

I'd actually like to make a combo set out of the new forged TM irons. I'd go MB in PW, 9,8, MC in 7,6, and CB in 5 and 4iron. Dang, too bad I'd have to buy 3 sets of irons!

I'd actually like to make a combo set out of the new forged TM irons. I'd go MB in PW, 9,8, MC in 7,6, and CB in 5 and 4iron. Dang, too bad I'd have to buy 3 sets of irons!

not a bad idea

agree - surprised they went from KBS to dynamic gold

interesting that they're not using KBS shafts. it's also nice to see that everything is available in LH. also interesting that they're only one degree less than the 2.0's in the long/mid irons. these should be fairly long.

Out of curiosity, why? For working the ball? Feedback? Really curious, because we hear this a lot.

Out of curiosity, why? For working the ball? Feedback? Really curious, because we hear this a lot.
Just forgiveness more than anything. I need all the forgiveness I can get out of my long irons.

Just forgiveness more than anything. I need all the forgiveness I can get out of my long irons.

But dont want any out of your short irons? I mean if you are not moving the ball around, why not have the forgiveness in all of them? Just curious.

But dont want any out of your short irons? I mean if you are not moving the ball around, why not have the forgiveness in all of them? Just curious.
Short irons it's more feel than forgiveness that I need. Same as my wedges, I don't need a cavity back wedge, I need a wedge that will give me all the feel I can get. That's the exact same thing I'd be after for an 8,9,PW. If the CBs give back the same amount of feel that the MB does then sign me up, but I'm betting not by quite a little margin.

It would be cool if TM released a set like the Nike mixed. Just for those who would want it. I kind of agree with JB here a little bit, why would you need a mixed set? I see your point as well though Bird.

It would be cool if TM released a set like the Nike mixed. Just for those who would want it. I kind of agree with JB here a little bit, why would you need a mixed set? I see your point as well though Bird.

i'm not the biggest fan of the mixed set myself. mostly b/c it doesn't make sense to me. i think it would be more harmful to ones game than helpful.

i'm not the biggest fan of the mixed set myself. mostly b/c it doesn't make sense to me. i think it would be more harmful to ones game than helpful.

right, I would think that there would be a lot of distance gaps

If I could hit a 4 iron blade as well as I hit say the Burner 2.0 4 iron then I wouldn't need a mixed set at all. But reality is...for me the long irons of a blade set are a pretty big undertaking.

Back