TaylorMade Forged irons: Coming next year?

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Ive heard rumors that in 2011 Taylor Made will once again be releasing forged irons. I also heard that we will see two styles of forged irons and they will both be released in the spring.

Thoughts? opinions? Anyone looking forward to this?

Edit: added images.

c6e90859.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im excited. I just love new clubs!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this is true. I would love to see them come out with a forged club. If not for the feel, then for the bendability.

I know there are a lot of fans of the forged club and with Taylor Made really making some nice clubs, I can only imagine.

hmm, this is great news. hopefully they'll have some offerings for the lefties in their forged categories

Im stoked about this, i love the way the a forged club looks and feels, can't wait to see the 2011 line from TM sounds like a winner again from the boys at TM

i think it's a really smart move by TM. imo, callaway could've really done well with the DF irons, yet they hardly marketed them, and don't even have them available in LH. i think that TM can step up and claim a significant chunk of the market, that has really been dominated by mizuno. if they are at a cheaper price point than the mizzies, then i believe they will have made a very, very smart move.

I'm really excited to see what they look like, the price point will be an interesting wrinkle for them. If they price it right I think they could do quite well.

I think Taylor Made wants the "1 CLUB in golf PERIOD" commercial. This would only help that cause.

Will be interesting to see how the approach the graphics element. Will they do something super clean line the Mizuno MP-68, or something with more of what we are used to seeing for graphics?

I've heard 3 sets of forged clubs so it kind of sounds like we will definitely see at least something forged from them next year. I'm hoping it looks like the RAC TP's. Those are stunning looking clubs.

This sounds interesting. I can't wait to hear more about it. Any news?

I am looking forward to seeing what these look like and how they hit! I really like the Callaway diablo forged, and with TM coming out with something like this is really interesting.

Of course As soon as I buy a set of R9's 1 month ago I read this. Forged are the best irons I have ever hit. Can't wait till they come out. I will definately be trading in for these. I also agree that the RAC TP are gorgeous looking clubs. That look and a fair price tag. I'm in!!

Taylormade has been offering forged clubs in Japan for several years now. I wonder if they will now market the Japan clubs in the US or will they have Japan forged and US forged offerings. I've hit the Burner and R9 forged irons. Nice looking but just the wrong shaft for me. It was a friends set so I just got to hit it a couple of times. Looking forward to what they will offer in the US.

Of course As soon as I buy a set of R9's 1 month ago I read this. Forged are the best irons I have ever hit. Can't wait till they come out. I will definately be trading in for these. I also agree that the RAC TP are gorgeous looking clubs. That look and a fair price tag. I'm in!!

If the rumors are true. Then these are still 6 months away. That is really no different than any offering from TM. It seems every 6 months, we see a new set.

Taylormade has been offering forged clubs in Japan for several years now. I wonder if they will now market the Japan clubs in the US or will they have Japan forged and US forged offerings. I've hit the Burner and R9 forged irons. Nice looking but just the wrong shaft for me. It was a friends set so I just got to hit it a couple of times. Looking forward to what they will offer in the US.

Different markets completely. Cast clubs cannot sell in Japan. They will not use the same irons in my opinion.

If the rumors are true. Then these are still 6 months away. That is really no different than any offering from TM. It seems every 6 months, we see a new set.

Different markets completely. Cast clubs cannot sell in Japan. They will not use the same irons in my opinion.

JB Im curious about the cast part, can you elaborate on that a bit? Is it the market? Or something else?

JB Im curious about the cast part, can you elaborate on that a bit? Is it the market? Or something else?

Its the market. Marketing is everything in golf.

When was the last new line released? I though the R9's and Burner 09 were released last fall.

When was the last new line released? I though the R9's and Burner 09 were released last fall.

The R9s were a limited Fall 09 release, but a Spring 10 release for the rest. Now they have the new irons coming out soon, and then 6 months after that they will have another release. It is an endless cycle for the most part done by every company.

I think these will be a huge success depending on price point. As for cast vs forged as a novice hi-caper I could totally tell the difference between the two. The feel of a good strike provides more feedback when using my Mizzys. Interested in seeing how these do and how it effects the comp.

I think the price point is huge too. If they dont price out the normal guy then they sell a ton of these. And thats assuming they look good too. Id love to see what they might look like.

That is the interesting part of the equation for any company. Anybody know the top 5 iron sets sold that were new since 2009? How many of them do you think were forged?

I really think the general consumer (the ones that buy the most equipment) don't care if they are forged or not.

But if a company can use the forged tagline to go along with an affordable set, then it could change that.

That is the interesting part of the equation for any company. Anybody know the top 5 iron sets sold that were new since 2009? How many of them do you think were forged?

I really think the general consumer (the ones that buy the most equipment) don't care if they are forged or not.

But if a company can use the forged tagline to go along with an affordable set, then it could change that.

I quickly thought of my Nickent 4DX Pros

Burners sure arent forged. But Id say ZERO

Back