TaylorMade Forged irons: Coming next year?

I think the MBs look pretty sweet! I wonder if these forged models will be better than the 300 series??

TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB

TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB

What are your guys' thoughts about these? I'm not good enough to game them but they look interesting. For me, if I was going to play a forged MB I don't think I would want the moveable weight in the back, it takes away from the "classic" look I would expect from a MB. This is just a first impression, maybe they will look better in person. (don't they always seem nice the first time you grab an iron off the shelf and look at it in an address position)

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainlevel/golfshop/irons.html#30

Went ahead and merged this one with a really long thread on these irons.

Yeah sorry JB, I did a search for "Tour Preferred MB" and didn't find anything. I knew there HAD to be a thread already.

Yeah sorry JB, I did a search for "Tour Preferred MB" and didn't find anything. I knew there HAD to be a thread already.

No worries. Lots of great info in this thread.

JB any word on when THP will get any of these forged irons sets in for pics and review?

JB any word on when THP will get any of these forged irons sets in for pics and review?

Not yet. The offices have been closed for a few days there, but we will find out early next week.

Not yet. The offices have been closed for a few days there, but we will find out early next week.

This is very sad news JB. How will I get my fix of forged goodness?

Oh well, back to the first page it is! I hear this thread is better the 27th time anyways :alien2:

This is very sad news JB. How will I get my fix of forged goodness?

Oh well, back to the first page it is! I hear this thread is better the 27th time anyways :alien2:

Of course it is. Soon enough we hope.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the price points for these new models will be? I apologize in advance, if this have been mentioned already.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the price points for these new models will be? I apologize in advance, if this have been mentioned already.

It has not been officially set yet. I think part of that is because these do not hit until Spring.

I haven't seen a price, but Taylormade's website says they will be released in March 2011.

I'm also very curious about the price on these.

I think that is the million dollar question. They have to have price points in mind that dont interfere with other lines, so I am pretty sure the Burner price point is out. If I was a betting man (and Im not), I would say 899, 999, 1099. But we could also see 799, 899, 999. And last but not least, we could also see them all priced the same at 899 or 999.

Hopefully that helps. :act-up:

i hope it's more in line of 799/899. i believe they'd do phenomenal at 799, and they'll do well at 899, but once you start getting up around 1k, that's where you lose folks. perhaps it's b/c at that price, you can throw other forged offerings in the mix, ie, scratch, miura, etc.

i hope it's more in line of 799/899. i believe they'd do phenomenal at 799, and they'll do well at 899, but once you start getting up around 1k, that's where you lose folks. perhaps it's b/c at that price, you can throw other forged offerings in the mix, ie, scratch, miura, etc.

I agree to an extent. Keep in mind the majority of golfers and what they will be purchasing. MBs are not going to be huge sellers. They will be popular on forums, but not at the cash register. Its the nature of the beast and who is buying clubs. So I dont have a problem with MBs being at the higher price point.

I agree to an extent. Keep in mind the majority of golfers and what they will be purchasing. MBs are not going to be huge sellers. They will be popular on forums, but not at the cash register. Its the nature of the beast and who is buying clubs. So I dont have a problem with MBs being at the higher price point.

true, and TM does have their MB loyalists, even though most prefer the smoke version and the one that doesn't have a huge screw in the back of the cavity.

i'm excited to see what they do with these for sure. i would assume that the full cavities would prolly come in $100 more than the 2.0's.

I'd think they'd have to come in more than the 2.0s no?

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

I'd think they'd have to come in more than the 2.0s no?

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

I would think so. My guess would be 799 CB, 899 MC, 999 MB

I would think so. My guess would be 799 CB, 899 MC, 999 MB

Just got pricing info and I think many will be quite happy. We will have it for everybody coming up later today.

Just got pricing info and I think many will be quite happy. We will have it for everybody coming up later today.

Thats always excellent news!

Did that pricing information come with in hand picks? Please tell me that it came with in hand pics!

This whole line looks fantastic from the (few) pics TM has up on the website. Hopefully they'll have a fantastic price point too!

Back