Phoenix Waste Management Open [Spoilers]

It is so hard to critisize his swing because it is so messed up already. Any other player you can see some simple flaws of the day, Gainey's swing is a flaw.

just try to imagine his swing actually did look good, I beleive he looked more controlled at the beginning of the day.

I guess the old saying that it does not matter anywhere else outside of the impact zone and coming in at the right angles comes into play here.

how are the groups for spacing? I mean how long are the leaders waiting to tee off? I remember back at 3 they had to wait for almost a half an hour, no chance to get into any kind of rhythm like that; I'd assume with groups finishing and clearing off the course that play has sped up

how are the groups for spacing? I mean how long are the leaders waiting to tee off? I remember back at 3 they had to wait for almost a half an hour, no chance to get into any kind of rhythm like that; I'd assume with groups finishing and clearing off the course that play has sped up

Gainey is still waiting 10-15 mins on each tee box.

Wilson in the co-lead!

What is the secret to Gainey's swing?

I think it is the layoff at the top. His hands go straight down from the top before they start moving laterally, giving huge lag and inside-out path despite the near vertical backswing.

I would like to practice that.

Gainey ran into some trouble but of course Wilson could not capitalize and bogied as well.

I don't have a team to cheer on but watching these 160 yard pitching wedges it interesting. For you guys that live out there does this have something to do with the atmospheric conditions or altitude? I have never played out there so I really don't know if playing golf there would be like playing in Denver Colorado.

the leaders bogey 11 to go to -17. gainey put his drive in the water, so he's gotta be excited to walk away still tied.

how many holes do you think they'll get in tonight?

the horns blew as the leaders were hitting their approach on the 13th. looks like that's where we'll pick it up tomorrow

Tied for 8th place with SethO.

Oops, 9th with SethO.

Went to the Open today and stopped at #9 to watch the last few groups finish thier 3rd round and got to see Rickie dunk his 2nd shot. One hop and in the hole for a 2.

Dropped to 69th, my SB pick didn't pan out but I don't care cause I'm testing new Irons!

Dropped to 69th, my SB pick didn't pan out but I don't care cause I'm testing new Irons!

Way to keep it in perspective!

I'm watching the replay on TGC right now. For a while.

Went to the Open today and stopped at #9 to watch the last few groups finish thier 3rd round and got to see Rickie dunk his 2nd shot. One hop and in the hole for a 2.

That was a sweet shot. Looked so smooth.

I'm doing quite well this week. Martin Laird playing the tournament the right way round! Go Martin!

according to the tour report they're starting play at 11am est (about 12 minutes from now); i'd assume golf channel's coverage starts then to (i have business, will miss the ending which stinks).

I feel like it would have been better for wilson if they could have finished yesterday, he started off the lead and gained so there wouldn't feel like as much pressure and he'd be riding more momentum and rhythm. today he comes out on the course with the lead, it's always different when you sleep with the lead going into the final. Let's hope he can pull it out and complete the wisconsin weekend

Back