TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

I took a few videos of Seth and RxGus hitting their new irons on the range today. They were smoking them!!!

Good videos thanks for posting KB. Any thoughts on these things after seeing them up close and personal for the last 2 days?

Great thoughts and love the vids. Why is it every time I watch someone's swing on this forum it seems so nice? Where are the hackers?!

Good videos thanks for posting KB. Any thoughts on these things after seeing them up close and personal for the last 2 days?

I think both the guys were hitting them exceptionally well. I tried to hit them but didn't have a lot of success. Keep in mind their irons are fit for them and are stiff flex. I use senior flex. I did hit two pured shots out of about 10. Haha. I think I will definitely stick to my thick game improvement Ping G15s for now.

Great thoughts and love the vids. Why is it every time I watch someone's swing on this forum it seems so nice? Where are the hackers?!

Thanks to adobe premiere I can edit out those horrible swings:alien:

I really like the way video has been incorporated in to the testing so far.

Thanks to adobe premiere I can edit out those horrible swings:alien:

I really like the way video has been incorporated in to the testing so far.

You're welcome! Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

You're welcome! Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

not to banter too much, but notice I have stayed away from the "promo" videos. I'm not nearly the spokesman you and onet are.

Nice writeups guys (and videos KB). One thing I have found so far is that when struck well, the dispersion distance-wise is VERY tight. Are you finding the same thing?

Sounds like both of you are not having any issues working the ball either when required. I'm actually looking forward to trying to shape some shots tomorrow when I sneak out to either play a round (if rain holds off) or hit the range. I'm also going to use the 3 iron off the tee a couple times on shorter 4s and see how that goes (unless my mashies get here by noon, then all bets are off).

Nice writeups guys (and videos KB). One thing I have found so far is that when struck well, the dispersion distance-wise is VERY tight. Are you finding the same thing?

I have been! I should have mentioned it, but on the range today, I kept hitting the same spots with my irons. i have never seen this type of consistency and I am not accustomed to GE irons.

Love the vids Seth! Glad you and Gus are really getting a good feel for these irons. Well done!

I have been! I should have mentioned it, but on the range today, I kept hitting the same spots with my irons. i have never seen this type of consistency and I am not accustomed to GE irons.

I've seen you play DDec and I really have a feeling these irons are going to be a smooth transition for you based on the info on these that is out there. Look forward to hearing your progress buddy!

Well today I was the only person at the range...go figure. It was only 28 degrees but very little wind. With the heater in the booth it actually wasn't bad. Yesterday I played with FootJoy Winter gloves on, today just my normal golf glove.

Ball Flight - I'm sure it helps a little because I was hitting off of mats, but man I was I able to launch these things high. They really seem to hit higher than my i10s. Even with the 3 and 4 irons I was able to hit a nice high contollable shot. When it came time to flight them lower, no problem. Play it a little further back in my stance and take a 3/4 swing to a 3/4 finish and whack, there it is. With these it seems as if my natural shot with them is straight with a tiny draw. Last 20 balls or so I worked on trying to hit a fade, which is hard for me to do with my irons, but I was able to hit a few decent ones(don't be fooled I hit some stinkers too).

Feel - Still fantastic! I had probably 4-5 stingers, one was when I tried to hit it off the rubber tee, but I made contact on the top couple of grooves.

Forgiveness - I still think they are pretty forgiving. When I didn’t catch it on the sweet spot it still seemed to go towards my target and maybe cost about 5 yards.

Distance - I had a much better judge of distance on these today with little wind. There is a green out in the center of the range that is 150 to the front and 170 to the back. I was able to catch the front of it with an 8iron, middle with a 7, and launch over with a 6. When just missed with the 6 it would land in the upper part of the green. With the 4 iron I was able to hit it right around the 200 yard marker, so I probably hit it about 190ish. That is a pretty good 4 iron for me.

All in all, I came home today and told Nerfny that I just had one of the most fun range sessions ever. There was a cart guy out there, which gave me some chances to try and hit different types of shots to get the ball near him(hit him twice). After 2 days of hitting these things, I can see them being in my bag for the year. I really want to get them out on the course now because my swing feels great and I’m hitting these good. It looks like it will be a few more weeks before that happens so till then it’s just range time.

YES:blob:

TC asked me in a text message today if I thought that these clubs were as forgiving as my Diablo Forged irons. I told him that it was too soon to tell, but as I think of that question, I am going to have to say that, for me and my misses, they are slightly more forgiving because 1: mishits are not nearly as punishing on the hands and 2: they cut through the turf so nicely that slightly fat shots still go pretty close to the distance I want them to go. I hit a few fatties that looked like good shots that came up a little short. I have a tendency to yank the ball to the left on occasion and I found that miss a little easier to deal with in these clubs.

I have a feeling that this weight in the back is doing things for me that I have not experienced in an iron before. These irons feel so incredibly centered like no other iron I have ever hit. Everything about them feels so smooth.

TC asked me in a text message today if I thought that these clubs were as forgiving as my Diablo Forged irons. I told him that it was too soon to tell, but as I think of that question, I am going to have to say that, for me and my misses, they are slightly more forgiving because 1: mishits are not nearly as punishing on the hands and 2: they cut through the turf so nicely that slightly fat shots still go pretty close to the distance I want them to go. I hit a few fatties that looked like good shots that came up a little short. I have a tendency to yank the ball to the left on occasion and I found that miss a little easier to deal with in these clubs.

I have a feeling that this weight in the back is doing things for me that I have not experienced in an iron before. These irons feel so incredibly centered like no other iron I have ever hit. Everything about them feels so smooth.

That is a great way to describe these irons.

nice pics an videos. i just joined today. i pre ordered the mc's like 3 weeks ago at valley golf near my house. i cant wait, the guy said the 25th of march the new taylormade forged irons are gonna be released. this is my first custom fit was cool, i got different shafts than 300s i think i got project x. it was 20 a club upgrade. i swing hard an fast. i got thicker shaft. also got an inch added on cause im 6 foot 3. he game me sum discounts grand total 1,025. an im 24 haha.

nice pics an videos. i just joined today. i pre ordered the mc's like 3 weeks ago at valley golf near my house. i cant wait, the guy said the 25th of march the new taylormade forged irons are gonna be released. this is my first custom fit was cool, i got different shafts than 300s i think i got project x. it was 20 a club upgrade. i swing hard an fast. i got thicker shaft. also got an inch added on cause im 6 foot 3. he game me sum discounts grand total 1,025. an im 24 haha.

Welcome to THP. Hopefully you find these irons are everything you wanted. Did you get fit for a bunch or different irons? Or did you go in wanting these?

I don't have a huge swing speed and I am finding the stock shafts very adequate to what I need. I could use a lower ball flight, but that's a swing flaw and not a shaft issue.

You should head over to the "introduce yourself" forum so we can welcome you in a proper THP way.

I am excited to hear your thoughts when you get them!

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

You guys are all doing an outstanding job on this thread, I love the videos and can't hear enough about your thoughts. Keep em coming guys!

Welcome to THP. Hopefully you find these irons are everything you wanted. Did you get fit for a bunch or different irons? Or did you go in wanting these?

I don't have a huge swing speed and I am finding the stock shafts very adequate to what I need. I could use a lower ball flight, but that's a swing flaw and not a shaft issue.

You should head over to the "introduce yourself" forum so we can welcome you in a proper THP way.

I am excited to hear your thoughts when you get them!

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

thanks bro for welcoming me, umm i got a 3-pw in the mc's. to be honest i wanted mb's but didnt know how well id hit them. ill def review them when they come. yea these irons look amazing. my old ones where taylormade 320s.

thanks bro for welcoming me, umm i got a 3-pw in the mc's. to be honest i wanted mb's but didnt know how well id hit them. ill def review them when they come. yea these irons look amazing. my old ones where taylormade 320s.

Have you had the chance to see them in person? They look even better than they do in pictures. If you like forgiving GE irons that are very workable and smooth, then these are for you. (at least that is what I have found so far).

I'm enjoying getting caught up on this thread. Nice work everyone! I especially loved ddec's video and the sound he was getting with the great contact, amazing!

i didn't get to see these irons in person yet. guy at pro shop said taylormade order site said 3/25 is ship date for public for the taylormade forged irons. he said maybe they will ship them early to be there 25th. an i hope to god i get them early.

I got to take these out for another round of golf this afternoon. Blustery, windy cold conditions, but they performed well for me again.

In summary, I shot a 75 on a par 70 from the back tees. I was really hitting driver well (and mashies) so I didn't have the chance to hit any irons longer than a 7 iron. But they really stood out and performed for me. On every single approach shot, I was within about 5 yards of pin high. I missed a couple greens left and right, in part I think because of the strong cross winds on most holes here. But I still had 11 GIRs, and many birdie putts. What more could you want. The feel and sound is fantastic. I caught one 7 iron a little thin and it did sting my hands a touch, but again, this was in 40 degree, 30 degree windchill weather.

I want to add that I payed more attention to turf interaction this round due to some comments the other testers have made. It DOES cut through the turf beautifully.

Also, still had no issues with controlling ball flight. I even hit a draw into one green successfully today. I continue to take 1 extra club and swing easy, and this strategy is paying off for me big time with these irons. I'm still a little leary of the longer irons in this set, but didn't have a chance to play with them today. Many, many more opportunities coming for that though.

Excellent round G4L, you've got to be just super excited by the hardcore results (scores) like that. Keep it going pal!

I'm enjoying getting caught up on this thread. Nice work everyone! I especially loved ddec's video and the sound he was getting with the great contact, amazing!

these irons have a great sound to them. You've hit both the MCs and CBs if I'm not mistaken. Do they sound the same?

I got to take these out for another round of golf this afternoon. Blustery, windy cold conditions, but they performed well for me again.

In summary, I shot a 75 on a par 70 from the back tees. I was really hitting driver well (and mashies) so I didn't have the chance to hit any irons longer than a 7 iron. But they really stood out and performed for me. On every single approach shot, I was within about 5 yards of pin high. I missed a couple greens left and right, in part I think because of the strong cross winds on most holes here. But I still had 11 GIRs, and many birdie putts. What more could you want. The feel and sound is fantastic. I caught one 7 iron a little thin and it did sting my hands a touch, but again, this was in 40 degree, 30 degree windchill weather.

I want to add that I payed more attention to turf interaction this round due to some comments the other testers have made. It DOES cut through the turf beautifully.

Also, still had no issues with controlling ball flight. I even hit a draw into one green successfully today. I continue to take 1 extra club and swing easy, and this strategy is paying off for me big time with these irons. I'm still a little leary of the longer irons in this set, but didn't have a chance to play with them today. Many, many more opportunities coming for that though.

wow nice round! I think you are on to something about taking an extra club and not going hard at it. Weather permitting I will try to get down your way in the next week or 2 and hopefully get on a course with these bad boys.

these irons have a great sound to them. You've hit both the MCs and CBs if I'm not mistaken. Do they sound the same?
I had a good range session with the CB's and I liked the sound. Not hitting them side by side it's hard to tell, but would say it's similar, especially with the pure shots. Mishits are different and more harsh sounding with the MCs. I did not hit the CBs on the course well at all and I attribute that to being warmed up and a higher swing speed and having issues with the weighting more than anything.

Back