After having a full blown theater in a previous house (12 foot screen) 8 theater chairs, etc.... THe surround sound is just not needed for me. Plus the vibrations scare Ellie.

Thats good then it all personal, like golf clubs I suppose. Sweet theater set up at the last house though.

I had an inexpensive 5.1 unit in my bedroom for a few years. I liked it, but I am not a die hard, must have 8 speaker set up kinda guy. I like a simple 2.1 setup myself, which can be done cheaply. But certainly not a must.

I should have known the answer I was going to get as soon as I asked it. I am going to try and fight the good fight but something tells me I will eventually lose that battle too. The house is actually prewired for surround sound which I am sure is not going to help my case at all.

JB is already a couple of steps further than I got. I was shut down at new TV period (and I just wanted to go LED over LCD).

I was too for a while. But we really needed an upgrade in our bedroom. Now we moved the 50" plasma we had in there. its like stadium lighting when going to sleep.

Yeah, my LED is in a long line behind a new refrigerator, dining room table and chairs, and more...at least I was allowed to buy Mashies.

I find myself watching things I would NEVER watch because they are in 3D. But best yet is just filling up the DVR with everything that is shown in 3D.

Hehe, Avatar comes to mind.
I find myself watching things I would NEVER watch because they are in 3D. But best yet is just filling up the DVR with everything that is shown in 3D.

Mother loves it. I can't stand it. It is like they spent a billion on CG and a hundred on a drunk Hobo to write the script.

That is a movie that neither of us have had any desire to see but we have both heard that it's unreal in 3D and that we have to watch it.

That is a movie that neither of us have had any desire to see but we have both heard that it's unreal in 3D and that we have to watch it.

first of all, it is an excellent movie, with or without 3D, but it is pretty incredible in 3d.

hahaha about the fact that you got a 3D TV...that didnt take long.

Bulls vs Magic on in 3D tonight. AWESOME!!!!!

Dont believe her. She just saw that Guy Fieri and his cooking show Guy's Big Bite are on one of the 3D channels tonight.

I am such a sucker!

obviously, JB almost had himself talked out of it 3 weeks ago. Guess he changed his mind. then again, he did say he WOULD have it by the Masters.

Dont believe her. She just saw that Guy Fieri and his cooking show Guy's Big Bite are on one of the 3D channels tonight.

ahh hell, that guy smacking his food in HD is bad enough, I cant imagine him in 3D smacking..hehe

obviously, JB almost had himself talked out of it 3 weeks ago. Guess he changed his mind. then again, he did say he WOULD have it by the Masters.

ahh hell, that guy smacking his food in HD is bad enough, I cant imagine him in 3D smacking..hehe

The funniest part was watching us bring the TV home. We had my car which is not nearly big enough to fit the TV box and my back seats don't go down. So we had the box halfway in my trunk, we had the trunk door open, and a rope tied around the box and I was sitting in the back seat holding one end of the rope holding onto it for dear life why we slowly drove home.

I think that 3D is a good concept. When I go to a 3D movie, I enjoy wearing the glasses. It brings out the child in me with the red and blue lens. I'm not quite sure I would want to sit at home 24/7 with glasses on my face. I don't wear perscription glasses but do have sun glasses that I wear when i drive. When I golf, I'm either wearing a visor or a hat, so I don't wear my Oakeys when I play. I know a lot of you guys do wear sunglasses when you play, i've tried it. But it seems I always do bad and blame it on my glasses. So, I figured if I would stop wearing the glasses, I couldn't blame anything on my poor game other than my poor game!

The funniest part was watching us bring the TV home. We had my car which is not nearly big enough to fit the TV box and my back seats don't go down. So we had the box halfway in my trunk, we had the trunk door open, and a rope tied around the box and I was sitting in the back seat holding one end of the rope holding onto it for dear life why we slowly drove home.

hahahahaha....JB does not drive slow either so I am sure that was killing him. What size did you get?

Please tell me there is video of this somewhere...it would be YouTube gold.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

hahahahaha....JB does not drive slow either so I am sure that was killing him. What size did you get?

Please tell me there is video of this somewhere...it would be YouTube gold.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

No video but we should have because it was hysterical. The trunk door kept falling on the box and I was so worried. Then we drove past a cop and I was sure we were going to get pulled over. I am shocked no one honked at us. Thank goodness we are only about 6 minutes from BestBuy.

I am jealous!!!

No video but we should have because it was hysterical. The trunk door kept falling on the box and I was so worried. Then we drove past a cop and I was sure we were going to get pulled over. I am shocked no one honked at us. Thank goodness we are only about 6 minutes from BestBuy.

in florida? I mean, they have prob seen worse than people with 55" TV's in their trunk...haha

Watching the NBA finals in 3d and loving it.

Watching the NBA finals in 3d and loving it.

Well I'm watching it in HD and loving it, but now I feel inadequate.

Well I'm watching it in HD and loving it, but now I feel inadequate.

Is that why the long hair...hehe
Do you drive a Corvette too...ha

Watching S.W.A.T. in SD and loathing it.

Back