Is that why the long hair...hehe
Do you drive a Corvette too...ha

Mazda Miata convertible, what? Its a mans car!

Station wagon! LOL

Absolutley......I bet there's a Bob Marley sticker on the back to.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Absolutley......I bet there's a Bob Marley sticker on the back to.

There is an Apple sticker on the other side. Haha

No Golf Channel? I'd rather turn the tv off than sit through that movie.

I watched a little of the Memorial. Nothing too exciting happened. Bout to turn it back.

Guys we have a what are you watching thread. This is about 3d.

Sorry we where just having fun with CB

Guys we have a what are you watching thread. This is about 3d.

Sorry JB. Getting off topic is easy when Samuel L Jackson is melting your mind.

Watching MLB in 3D just reminded why I love it so much.
Its like you are standing behind the pitcher.

Watching MLB in 3D just reminded why I love it so much.
Its like you are standing behind the pitcher.

I havent had the chance to see any sports in 3D, sounds like Im missing out

Maybe, behind, but I have to say that we have a 1080p 55" HDTV, and 3 1080i HDTVs in other rooms and they all work absolutely perfectly. You still cannot display a picture better than is being sent to the processor.

Again, comparing it to computers is another analogy that just does not fit. Sure computers are getting faster processors to handle more bigger tasks and larger graphical loads, but the feeds of video on a tv are native and do not have the same background. Hence the reason plasma, which many believe is inferior) in video is still a top choice of many videophiles because of the deeper black color. Yet it is considered an "older" technology (comparing to LED, LCD, etc)

I think the comparison that fits would be the first high-end HD sets were 1080i & component. After a couple of years, sets were offered at 1080p & HDMI. The old 1080i set aren't obsolete (they still work), but you would want to upgrade to simplify cabling.

Just wanted to point out a few things after reading though the thread.

Cost difference between 2D HD set and 3D HD set is now minor. The big cost factor is the glasses. Don't know how many gamers we have on here, but Sony is looking to address cost of glasses this fall.

Speaking of glasses, for those waiting until it's glasses free, you'll be waiting awhile. Glasses free 3D already exists; Nintendo 3DS, EVO 3D, Motorola has one coming out soon as well. There are already glasses free sets. The problem is most of us can't afford them. Biggest cost of 3DS or EVO 3D is the screen. So think about that little 3DS screen and what the 3DS costs. Now buy enough 3DS, so that you can have the equivalent of a 50+" screen. And the 3D from that screen is not even that good, so add cost to create a better screen (read as 240 refresh rate, contrast levels, etc.) and you're talking over $50,000 (at least).

If you have DirecTV or a PS3, you should really think about a 3D set IMO.

Back