What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridgestone e7 with some Callaway Tour (i) mixed in

Bridgestone Tour B330. Only played nine because it was for school practice, ended up shooting a 39. This ball is great, its pretty durable and didnt really have any marks on it after the nine. its got a great feel off the irons aswell.

i played a 330 RX today with some ProV1 mixed in and shot 81. The greens had just been sanded last week so getting the ball to stop was challenging. I noticed that i still get better stopping power with the Pro V1. But I think I am getting better distance with the 330 Rx. It still needs more testing to be sure.

I took the B330RX out for a spin yesterday. I shot a 44, playing just 9 holes with my son. I think I get better distance with it than the Z-Star, but the stopping power is better with the Z-Star. It's kind of a toss up for me right now.

Picked up a cheap sleeve of Wilson Staff TX4 Pro today. Tried to test it out on the course, but the way I was playing, I didn't get many chances! Feels nice and solid from the driver, and got some good spin around the greens with it. Not quite as much as the Penta, but quite impressed for the first time out.

Shot 84 today in windy, cool conditions with the Z Star. Solid ball, still my go to so far for 2011.

Picked up a cheap sleeve of Wilson Staff TX4 Pro today. Tried to test it out on the course, but the way I was playing, I didn't get many chances! Feels nice and solid from the driver, and got some good spin around the greens with it. Not quite as much as the Penta, but quite impressed for the first time out.
TX4 is a great ball, the best economy ball you can buy IMHO, if you can find them. I hit the PX3 also until they stopped making them, at least I guess they stopped because I can't find any of those either.

Played TM Penta yesterday. Love everything about this ball. Shot 69 in wet conditions, could have easily been 3-4 strokes lower.

I've been using the Titleist NXT Tour since I changed from the Pro V1 about a year ago. I heard that people with slow swing speeds don't really benefit from using the Pro V1. Dunno how true that is but I'm not noticing any difference in my scores between them, so if nothing else, I'm saving myself 20 quid a box.

Played a Top Flite V2 Gamer as I was waiting on my RX's to come in from LGB still. I actually rather enjoyed them.

played the new prov1x and wow... i couldnt believe how well i played with it
normally i hook the crap out of those balls

I played the Tmag Penta TP for the first time this ball just blew me away. This ball is better than my Nike Crush that I swore by for a long time. I know they are two different type of ball, but this ball just thoroughly impressed me. I loved this ball so much, I've taken the Crush out of my bag and bought another box of Pentas. It's soft around the greens and great off the tee.

Z star yellow, so easy to see! Love them

currently testing out the B330 RX Yellow, really good ball so far, will be my 3rd round with them saturday morning

I'm playing the B330 RX and loving it so far. Gained at least 15/20 yards off the tee with driver over the ProV I had played the past couple of years. This one very good ball.

I played half a round with the Pro V1 and the other half with the Pro V1x. I liked the Pro V1x a little better as it had a little less bite on the greens which is more what I am use to. Distance wise the X seemed a little longer too.

Pro V1x first 9 Callaway hx hot bite back 9. have to say the X is the winner. best ball ever!

I played 9 Tuesday with a Bridgestone e6. Hit some good irons with it, my driver wasn't working too well so I can't judge driving distance with it. Going for a fitting tomorrow so I'll see what they say I "should be" playing.

I played Titleist ProV1 (1st generation), Titleist NXT Tour, and some old Pinnacle Gold ball for a couple of shots. The pinnacle hits like a range ball. The NXT launches higher than the ProV1, but the ProV1 does a better job gripping the greens.

played a older prov1 today and it lasted the whole round with only a few scuffs

Played 9 with the RX-S and 9 with the Penta. Love the extra check around the greens with the Penta but like the RX-S off of the tee.......sucks that it can't be one ball that does both.

Bridgestone e6 yellow. Great ball for me..

Bridgestone e6 Yellow - - good driver distance, just enough spin for my game, and takes abuse without much scuffing.

I bought a dozen Srixon Trispeed Tour balls hoping to get several more courtesy of Graeme McDowell (d'oh) - I'll try them out if the weather clears up early next week.

Just bought a box of Wilson Staff x1 cause they were super cheap, about $8 a dozen. I figured they would be a good early season ball and they are actually pretty good. They are nowhere near the tx4 i mostly use, but not bad at all for a cheap ball. They fly off the club face and are decent around the green.

Found some TM LDP Red's. I always play well with this ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back