What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Prov1x...... We get them free from our school for matches. But I got a sleeve of Penta's at a tournament the other day and played them. They really impressed.

Hi BigLeftyinAZ. I think that the 25$ for a dz of penta's is fair enough.

Played the faithful RX in the non-yellow version. Still cannot thank THP and Bridgestone enough because without the ball testing I don't know if I would have ever pulled the trigger on what is the absolute best ball for my game.

I played the TM Penta TP on Saturday and was quite impressed.
I like the feel off the club face, the ball spun quite nicely and had the 2 hop stop for me on the green.
The ball felt smooth with the putter, so I give the Penta TP hight marks all around.

Just switched to The B-330RXS and love it. Won't be using another ball all season

I played the Nike Tour ball and was really impressed. It head the greens great and had some good distance off the tee.

I am loving the TM Burner Tour, but, for my game, it has a major weakness around the greens. I have learned to rely on a bunch of spin on less than full wedge shots and I have not been getting it. The ball rolls out when I expect it to check. I think I might make a run to a sports store after church and get a box of the Practice Pentas.

I hate TapaTalk signatures...

I played the Srixon Z Star. I loved it. It might be replacing the Bridgestone B330RX.

I've been playing the Burner TP for the last two rounds and it is a great ball. Long off the tee, nice feel, and enough spin around the green to play almost any shot you want.

Last year I switched from prov1x to the penta because I loved the feel off the putter. This year I decided to try a box of the new bridgestone rsx to compare feel, distance, and spin around the green. Yesterday I played the front 9 with the rsx and the back 9 with a penta, and I honestly think they both performed about the same in every category. I will have to play some more with them to decide which to stick with. I have spent a lot of time on the practice greens with them as well and I have been able to get them both to check up about the same.

Today I tried a sleeve of the new ProV1's to compare to the Zstars that I have been playing. First impression is that the prov1 is a firmer ball. My swing wasn't really perfect today-I was hitting some thin shots and shots near the hosel which feel harsh with any ball, but after playing a round I am saying that prov1 is firmer than zstar.

I didn't really notice any distance loss from driver. I did hit some shorter drives today, but that was bad swinging. A few yards lost off driver really isn't my concern anyway. I wanted to see how these balls play around the green.

I don't hit a lot of greens, so I have to chip and pitch alot. Darren really watched my wedge shots into the greens and told me how the prov1 checked up. I am really impressed. I think to give a better test I need to play this years zstar that has a softer cover to give a better comparison. (I was comparing to last years zstar that I got on sale and had a bunch left over).

I played the Srixon Z Star. I loved it. It might be replacing the Bridgestone B330RX.

I played the 330rx before they made the rx and the rxs. That is when I switched to zstar. I thought the new 330rx was too hard and the rxs was too smooshy off the putter.

I've been playing the yellow Bridgestone B330 Rx for the last 3~4 rounds & believe I'll go back to the white because of what I perceive of performance differences.
1) the yellow seems to scuff more easily. 2) I'm not getting the same spin. But the color is so much better to track & find.

Last edited:
Since I am still fairly new to the game. I have played quite a few balls, but my favorite By-FAR are the bridgestone balls...I am currently playing the E6 and love the feel of the ball on the green and off of the club. NEVER realized how much of a difference a ball can make on your game.

I played with a TM Penta, basically for the first time, I have played with them for a hole or 2 before, but today I played the entire round with 1 ball, so that is always awesome. I found it long and straight off the tee, and had nice spin around the green, in fact maybe a little more than I am used to. Overall great ball, I loved it.

Played with the ProV1x today and liked it. Im thinking about trying the penta and one tour D.

Played 9 yesterday using a Yellow Z-Star. I played like poo, but I liked the Srixon.

I've been playing the Pro V1x for the last week and I've really been enjoying this ball. I spin the ball a lot with pretty much every club, and with it being spring the greens here are soft and spin a lot. So the x keeps me from spinning everything off the green, but I still get enough spin to hold greens, and I have enough greenside spin to be confident around the greens.

I played the Z-Star yellow again yesterday. I still really like the ball. Nice soft greens mean aggressive shots in. Played like junk, but enjoyed the round never the less.

Yellow e6. I am loving this ball right now.. I hope the new one comes in colors too!

Yellow e6. I am loving this ball right now.. I hope the new one comes in colors too!

Review skimmer! The 2011 e6 comes in Optic Yellow and Orange.

Bridgestone B-330
I love this ball. Long, straight (when I want it to be) and durable. Spins around the green and sounds how I want it to off the putter. I'm playing the 2010 version because I got a deal on some logo overruns. I'm going to give the 2011s a try when I get a chance.

I played a Nike power distance soft not bad for a 2 piece distance ball. Decent spin around the greens and a high launch. Overall an ok ball.

I played a Nike power distance soft not bad for a 2 piece distance ball. Decent spin around the greens and a high launch. Overall an ok ball.

I played with them at times last year and I agree. Nice ball for the price and easy to compress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back