What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played to Penta again today for 9 holes and while I love the short game control I have with that ball, I feel I am leaving a lot of distance on the table. I'm going to give the burner tour and burner tp, another shot before I make my choice.

Played to Penta again today for 9 holes and while I love the short game control I have with that ball, I feel I am leaving a lot of distance on the table. I'm going to give the burner tour and burner tp, another shot before I make my choice.

Hah I felt I didn't compress it enough swinging in a slower tempo- so just sid the same cb; we must have similar swings

Tap, tap, tap.

I LOVE the Penta around the greens. You can pull off some silly shots with these they spin so much. I get good distance with these off the driver, but they spin a little more than say a B330 so if I'm leaving the club face open, watch out. When I'm swinging well off the tee, I don't think there's a better ball for my game out there than the Penta.

Hah I felt I didn't compress it enough swinging in a slower tempo- so just sid the same cb; we must have similar swings
Tap, tap, tap.

Ya, if I really go after it I feel I can compress it, but thats just not me.

I LOVE the Penta around the greens. You can pull off some silly shots with these they spin so much. I get good distance with these off the driver, but they spin a little more than say a B330 so if I'm leaving the club face open, watch out. When I'm swinging well off the tee, I don't think there's a better ball for my game out there than the Penta.

Ya the short game spin on these is crazy, they make me feel like I can pull off any shot. I just don't have your swing speed G4L and I don't like feeling like I'm leaving yards out there cause with a 100-105 ss I don't have a lot to spare.

I played my last round with a Z-Star, it surived the entire round. A fairly durable cover nice spin off the short to mid irons, my only complaint is it's not very long off the tee for me and my 95mph driver swing speed.

I found the same last season (90-95 SS) and I played the z-star and several practice rounds I hit it side by side with the Gamer V2. The gamer was noticeably longer, 5+ yards carry for sure. I'm not a big spin generator so I tend to use trajectory for control around greens and the z-star was clearly better than the gamer but not by $20 for my game. I did play one round on very hard, fast greens in August and stayed with the z-star because I think that it helped.

I'm intrigued by the Bridgestone ball that is tour-like for amateur swing speeds and I'll give it a try when the season warms up. I can't recall the model...

I've been playing the V1x for greenside playability. The 2011 is a little longer. I bought a dozen NXT Tours and will try them out this weekend.

I used to play the yellow ZStars: more durable but less control around the greens than V1x

Played the new Bridgestone B330. Loved everything about the ball except it really scuffed up. I play Ping S59 and Tour W wedges and the Pro V1X didn't seem to shear as bad. Anyone else seeing this with the B330? I've not tried the B330S to see if it does the same.

Ya, if I really go after it I feel I can compress it, but thats just not me.

Ya the short game spin on these is crazy, they make me feel like I can pull off any shot. I just don't have your swing speed G4L and I don't like feeling like I'm leaving yards out there cause with a 100-105 ss I don't have a lot to spare.

im in the same boat - swinging about 100 with the driver - i was alot more comfortable late in the year last year - and i could go after my drives. Probably 110-115SS. Now its 95-100 - just not as confident yet so i feel like it isnt compressing all the way. Going to try the burner tour - see how it goes.

I played the Z-Star yellow yesterday. At first I thought they were a little short off the tee in comparison to my E5. Then I took a couple of layers of clothing off and I was getting much better distance. The spin going into the green was incredible. Even short chips checked up nicely. I really liked this ball. I will be taking the 330RX out for my first real run with them today.

Do any of you find that you will pick up a dozen of a ball that your normally don't play if you see a smoking deal?

For instance, I picked up a dozen Penta's for $25, B330RX $27 and Tx4's for $5. My ProV's were free courtesy of a ball fitting. I know haha I stopped though.

I've done that this year all the balls I have bought were good deals. 2 dozen callaway hx hot plus 2 dozen tmade burner tp. Both were 30 bucks for 2 dozen. I also got 2 dozen balls for Christmas this year also.

I played the Z-Star yellow yesterday. At first I thought they were a little short off the tee in comparison to my E5. Then I took a couple of layers of clothing off and I was getting much better distance. The spin going into the green was incredible. Even short chips checked up nicely. I really liked this ball. I will be taking the 330RX out for my first real run with them today.

Whoa whoa whoa! Let's keep this PG here buddy! There are ladies on the course :act-up:

For my first round I played some old Nike Tour D that I had laying around. Last year I switched to the Penta ball, and now that I played with those a while the Nike just felt like a rock coming off my driver. I was waiting for my new R11 driver to crack. The ball felt harder and I noticed I didn't get near as much greenside spin. I only played the Nike because it was my first round of the year and I figured I may lose a ball or two, but I actually played very well and shot 82 and didn't lose any balls! Can't wait to put the penta back in play on my next round, I feel confident I will be back to breaking 80 very soon again after only doing it twice last year.

I played the new 2011 e6 yesterday, and had my best day of driving ever!! Part of my success was due to the lesson, but holly hell did I hit some yard, straight drives :banana:

i had 2 sleeves of 2010 pro v1's and have been playing them past few rounds.

really like them, but once they are done i have a box of pentas to go through :)

The course I played yesterday was giving away a new sleeve of the new ProV1's with your green fee so I played that ball. It lasted the entire round and I liked it very much. Lots of bite, good distance. After the round it was done.

I played the Penta TP and it performed great! This has become my go to ball. I love the distance, spin and feel of this ball. These are also very durable. There is nothing that I don't like about this ball!

I have used three balls this winter after playing the ProV1 last year. The three are Penta, ProV1, and ProV1x.

The ProV1 is good for durability, shortest distance of the three, good around the green and I like the way it sounds and feels off the club, lowest flight trajectory of the three.
The ProV1x is very poor for durability, four or five holes there will be deep cuts from wedge strikes, the longest ball of the three, and good around the green, very high flight trajectory.
The Penta is not quiet as bad as the ProV1x for durability, it will have marks but not as deep, almost as long as the ProV1x, good around the green, and very high trajectory as well.
Keep in mind this is for my swing.

When I get recovered from this knee replacement I will be eager to try the new ProVs. It is still my favorite even giving up 10-15 yards per drive. If the ProV1x didn't get cut up so bad it would be far and away my favorite. I use them for tournaments and it pays off well enough to buy extra balls.

I've been playing the V1x for greenside playability. The 2011 is a little longer. I bought a dozen NXT Tours and will try them out this weekend.

I used to play the yellow ZStars: more durable but less control around the greens than V1x

Really?
The ZStar- for me- is the 2nd most "spinny" ball on the market right now (the Penta being #1).
I would think, if anything, the Prov1x has less spin than a zstar.

Really?
The ZStar- for me- is the 2nd most "spinny" ball on the market right now (the Penta being #1).
I would think, if anything, the Prov1x has less spin than a zstar.

ya i agree with this, the V1x spins no where near what the Zstar and penta do, for me anyway, now the ProV1 spins about the same as the Zstar maybe a little less but the V1x doesnt.

Shot 86 today with the Bridgestone B-330RX. I keep trying to like this ball but it's not even close to knocking the Z Star out of the bag at this point.

My last round was with the Bridgestone B-330S. I'm getting on average 10 more yards carry with this ball compared to the ProV1x. It might not have as much feel around the greens as the ProV1, but it's really close. As well, I feel like the Bridgestone ball is more durable. I can play a round or two with the same ball, and it doesn't get any noticeable scratches!...I have yet to try the Taylormade Penta balls, but I hear they are pretty amazing.

Last round I used the Bridgstone e6 and loved it! It went longer and straighter than balls I have used previously and I only lost 2 balls, one in the drink and one in a farm. The yellow makes them really easy to see and the grass stains wiped off well. Highly recommended.

E6 yellow here too. Good ball.

I played the e6 orange last week and loved it. The e6 seems perfect to me too.

Played the Burner Tour ball today against the Penta and for my game the Burner Tour one in a land slide. Great ball at a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back