Search results for query: *

1. hemiths

Kiyoshi purple... weird experience.

I've played everything, from the 40g matrix reign, pro launch, etc... to the 96g v2 and 80g black tie. So I'd like to think I have a decent feel for shafts. Current gamer is an Aldila RIP Phenom NL. I love this shaft. For some reason, I've had this desire to try a kiyoshi purple. Figuring it's...
  2. hemiths

So pissed...

Done with Matrix. Few people said these may be a respray of old inventory. Can't say I don't agree with them. These are supposed to be regular flex...
  3. hemiths

How to ream .355 taper tip iron head to .370 parallel tip

Every once in a while, I come across posts asking how to go from taper tip to parallel tip. Many people are unsure of the process, yet it is extremely easy to do in your own home. I figured since I was reaming another set, I'd show fellow enthusiasts an example of reaming a head. All you will...
  4. hemiths

Decipher these numbers, please.

I had some time to burn between meetings. Stopped by local spot and put a few swings on a used 5 iron. Interested to hear what some of the numbers mean, as this club set-up was way, way different than what I normally play. Thanks!
  5. hemiths

How to rust a wedge in one step

Pay a shop, lol. Trying to concoct formulas using coke, vinegar, CLR, crocodile tears, etc. never works. This cost $15 per head with a 24hr turn around. These will be so rusty, I'll need to update my tetanus shot. Once the epoxy dries, I'll drip them in the Pacific and update this.
  6. hemiths

Had a brief moment where I thought about quitting golf...

The pace of play is getting sickening. I just suffered though a 5.5 hour round of golf at a public course that charged $110. I don't understand why courses aren't holding people accountable for pace of play. The group in front of us was so angry, they left at the turn. Second problem -...
  7. hemiths

Alternative to tip weights and/or lead tape

Thought I'd share my experience - I run oversized grips; I need about 12g additional headweight to offset the 24g increase in grip weight (subjective, but that's neither here nor there). I've used lead tape, since tip weights are just too much of a pain in the butt, since I'm such a club/shaft...
  8. hemiths

Driver shaft after prep is .356"

Bought a new shaft, Matrix RUL. Prep'd the tip, went to test fit, and wouldn't fit in any of the adapters I had. Used a set of calipers to measure it - came out to .356. Wtf?
  9. hemiths

Spryevo Putter Insert

Finally got my Spryevo milled insert for my Daddy Long Legs. Fitment was perfect, the milling was excellent. He has copper, aluminum, carbon fiber, and 3D printed ones. I opted for the aluminum insert. It literally feels just like my one-piece milled putters.
  10. hemiths

FS: Fubuki Amp Cell w/ Pro Adapter, Rainbow PVD S3, Rainbow MPT11's, Rife Tour

All prices shipped to lower 48 Blue Amp Cell, Amp Cell Pro adapter (7.5-10.5), (Real) Fubuki ZT 60 Regular (just put in $240), Golf Pride Niion Orange mid $100 OBO Speedline F11 5W, VooDoo VS7R, Golf Pride Niion Orange mid $40 Cobra S3 Pro 3-PW Rainbow PVD, X100 just put in about 6 months...
  11. hemiths

FS: Wilson FG Tour X

I have 15 dozen that I bought since they don't make these anymore and it's arguably one of the best tour balls. Anyone wanting to grab some, I'm getting rid of them for $30/doz. SHIPPED to you, lower 48. FG Tour X is a multilayer urethane golf ball similar to Titleist® Pro V1x. It delivers a...
  12. hemiths

Cobra S3 Pro Rainbow PVD

Two weeks ago, I decided to pull the trigger on getting a rainbow PVD finish done to my heads. Right now, there are only two companies in the US, that I know of, that do the rainbow finish; a handful do other PVD finishes like gold, rose, black nickel, etc. The first company, which subs for...
Back