Search results for query: *

1. TeedUpThoughts

Advice - Clearwater, FL Area Courses

My wife and I are starting to plan our “escape” from New England winters by spending 1/2 the year down south. We’ve narrowed it down to the Clearwater Beach, FL area (Indian Rocks, Belleair, Largo, etc.) and I have zero insight on courses in the area to play/look to join. Ideally, looking for...
  2. TeedUpThoughts

Waterproof Golf Shoe Recommendations Please!

Played my last 2 rounds in Puma PWRAdapt (which are supposed to be waterproof/resistant I thought) in heavy dew conditions, not even raining, and my feet were soaked! Looking for comfortable waterproof shoes that I can walk 18 in please. What are your go-to?
  3. TeedUpThoughts

Tour Event The Open Championship 2023 Lottery

Anyone else apply for tickets to next years Open at Royal Liverpool? I got notice this am that my application was selected!! Now to plan and price out a trip and ask the wife if she wants to go to the UK next summer lol.
  4. TeedUpThoughts

Yellow Balls

I’ve been playing Callaway Chrome Soft yellow for a while, switch to yellow Supersoft in the cold winter, and not a fan of clutter on my golf ball (looking at you Truvis). The latest version has the triple track on it, which I am also not a fan of, and they seem to have discontinued the plain...
  5. TeedUpThoughts

The Gin Thread

Recently went on a trip for work to London and was introduced to a proper Gin & Tonic. I didn’t see a Gin thread, so if there is please merge. So far, my favorite has been Monkey 47 Which I was excited to find at one of my local stores when I returned. Also have enjoyed Hendrix and Thomas...
  6. TeedUpThoughts

Golf Digest Video - How Alcohol Affects Your Golf Game

I know this has been debated on here before, but this is an interesting video/analysis of 4 hackers and the effects of alcohol on our game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84Lg33iXZE I do enjoy a beverage or 2 during a casual round, but found it interesting to watch the affects in a controlled...
  7. TeedUpThoughts

(I'm an idiot) WTB Inexpensive Stiff Driver shaft with Callaway adapter to hold me ov

I was getting ready to head out to a fishing charter last night and cleared my golf stuff out of my trunk. I closed my tailgate on my SUV and put my push car in the garage. Put my car in reverse and ignored the backup sensor (i don't have a camera) as it usually beeps because I'm too close to a...
  8. TeedUpThoughts

Teedupthoughts takes on Torrey Pines!

I'm in San Diego for a conference and have an "extra day," so I can either go see penguins and polar bears at the zoo or dramatic ocean views at Torrey. Tough choice, really! Going to try and "walk on" tomorrow as I'm a single and flexible in time. I'll use this thread to update my experience...
  9. TeedUpThoughts

Torrey Pines Feb 9th?

I'm heading to San Diego for a conference and just realized I have an extra day before it starts to "explore." While the mission sounds cool, and I'll probably hit the Zoo on the 8th, I was wondering how difficult (and expensive) it would be to get a round at Torrey? Anyone have tips/advice on...
  10. TeedUpThoughts

FS/FT: Cure CX2 Platinum

I'm looking to sell (or trade) my Cure CX2 Platinum finished 35" with an upgraded Superstroke Flatso 2.0 counterbalanced grip. I have all of the weights in the putter currently, and have the counter weight for the grip. It's in immaculate shape and just didn't win out over my gamer. Looking...
  11. TeedUpThoughts

Unofficial Vermont Spring 2017 Gathering - Great Beer, Good Golf

Stemming from an idea in the Beer thread, Marty (@MPLefty) and I were thinking of coordinating a gathering of THP'ers in the spring in/around Stowe, VT to enjoy some REALLY good beer :drinks:, maybe visit a brewery (or 5) and play some golf. Dates and course location are TBD but thinking late...
  12. TeedUpThoughts

Mashed Potatoes! And other obnoxious behavior at professional events.

I'm volunteering at the Deutschebank this weekend, and heard my first "live" d-bag yelling out after a drive. His phrase of choice: "Harambe" After subduing the urge to walk over and throat punch the frat-turd, someone else in the crowd told him to pipe down. So, THP, what has been the most...
  13. TeedUpThoughts

How do you "Push Through?"

We have ALL had a round where it's just not "clicking" or "firing on all cylinders." (Yes, even internet golfers experience this) How do you push through a "bad" round? Do you look for positives (ex. driving accuracy), try to put yourself in pressure situations (ex. if I make this putt, I'll...
  14. TeedUpThoughts

Eating alone at a restaurant

My wife thinks I'm weird because I don't mind eating alone at a restaurant or bar. She thinks it's awkward, but if I want good food (and don't feel like cooking) I have no problem heading out and eating by myself. Anyone else do this?? (Written from the bar of a local restaurant as I await my...
  15. TeedUpThoughts

Would you buy a golf course, if you could?

Here's the setup. There is a local golf course for sale by a guy I know in the next town over, it's a "profitable restaurant/bar situated on a 9 hole golf course," according to his listing. They serve breakfast and lunch in a 5k sq ft building that looks like and oversized house. People do go...
  16. TeedUpThoughts

Best Sandwich & Where

Mods, if this is a duplicate please merge. JB has been asking a crucial question in the "Hot Seat" round of the industry insider podcast: What is the best sandwich and where is it? I submit, the Italian Grinder from Goglias Market in Bristol, RI as the best sandwich I have ever had. This is...
  17. TeedUpThoughts

WTB: X Flex Shaft with Callaway Dual Cog Adapter

Want to experiment with an X flex shaft for my XR16. Need one with a Callaway Dual Cog adapter and would not like to spend a lot of money on this experiment. Anyone have anything lying around that didn't work for them that they'd be willing to part with inexpensively?? Thanks
  18. TeedUpThoughts

Exempt vs Non-exempt

Anyone else following along the DOL decision to change the salary threshold for exempt workers to $47,476? https://www.dol.gov/WHD/overtime/final2016/ Grab your popcorn, it's going to get interesting!
  19. TeedUpThoughts

Great transaction with X.Man!

Bought a Diamana Whiteboard shaft from Xavier this past week. It's in excellent shape, and he threw in a couple of sleeves of balls too! Solid THP'er.
  20. TeedUpThoughts

FS: Callaway Xhot Pro 4-PW w/Project X 6.0

Was fit for a new set of irons, so it's time to let these fly! Callaway Xhot Pro irons, 4-PW in good condition (dirty, but will be cleaned prior to shipping). Project X Flighted 6.0 shafts (normal length, lie and loft) with very good condition NDMC black grips on 5-PW and stock Callaway grip on...
Back