Search results for query: *

1. dpgator33

Scratching/gouging a graphite shaft when regripping

A few years ago I had a nearly new Cobra F7 driver that I went to regrip. I had a brain fart when taking off the existing grip and scratched the shaft a bit with a razor blade. I was mostly just pissed at myself and just stopped right there after reading that doing that can damage or weaken the...
  2. dpgator33

Just move across the country

Lived my entire life (43 years) in Florida and just landed on the Oregon coast. Couldn’t be happier. I love how cold (relatively) it is and the spritz of rain that is around for the season. I’ve not quite settled in to golf yet but I can’t wait to get out there. I have two good courses nearby so...
  3. dpgator33

Trick to removing stubborn iron head???

I’m admittedly a novice, but 5 of the 6 heads I’m re-shafting came off easily with 30-45 seconds with a heat gun. This last one, I’ve given up on. Any tricks I can try to get this sucker off? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. dpgator33

Golf life in Pacific Northwest, specifically the rain and cold

So my wife and I have long desires to leave Florida, for some adventure and also partly because we both can’t stand the summers and thunderstorms that come with it. I make a decent salary, but she does much better, so we’re mostly looking for areas where demand and salary is higher for her...
  5. dpgator33

Coming off an injury layoff...how to get back in it

Long story short...had tennis elbow pretty bad, got a cortisone shot, then oddly developed some kind of nerve and/or circulation issue, possibly something known as thoracic output syndrome. I had poor circulation in both arms and loss of strength and partial feeling in the forearms, mostly on...
  6. dpgator33

Solo getaway in November or December, trying to decide where

My wife has offered to send me off for a golf getaway for my birthday this year. I live in Sarasota so it's coming into prime golf season and there are plenty of options down this way, but my gut tells me to get away and play somewhere I wouldn't normally have the chance to play. I'd be...
  7. dpgator33

Beautiful morning for some golf

63 and crisp this morning. Just chipped in for bird on 1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. dpgator33

Anyone else consistently have unexplained consistent results when on the range?

This is something that has been troubling me lately, but seems to always happen on the range. No matter what, at some point while practicing, I get the shanks. Sometimes it will start off right away, and sometimes I will have a good session going and it will come up out of nowhere and I can't...
  9. dpgator33

What's the most out of your mind round ever?

I'm a 17.7 HCP, and haven't shot better than 90 in a long time, a couple years at least. My pb at my home course is 90, shot three times, once yesterday. I have shot in the 80s before, including one 80 about 4 years ago, but on a decidedly easier course. Decided to play again today since I was...
  10. dpgator33

Bradenton get together?

Hey all, I'm a member at Bradenton CC and have a handful of discounted guest passes to use up before the end of the year. All my old golfing buddies are back where I'm from so I don't have guys I play with that aren't members already, so I thought I'd throw out the idea of having some THPers...
  11. dpgator33

What's good in Tampa area these days?

I live in Tampa and am a member at a nice little club over in Clearwater. My employer has seen it fit to grant employees a day off each for your birthday and also for Veterans's day if you're a veteran, so I got to pick two days in the month to take off. My wife is pretty much locked in to...
  12. dpgator33

Thinking about a multi-day "academy" in Orlando/Tampa

As a treat to myself for my birthday this year, I was considering signing up for a multi-day golf training academy in the Tampa or Orlando area. Was wondering if anyone has done one of these, and what their experience was like, was it worth the cost, etc. I wouldn't be bringing any buddies or...
  13. dpgator33

Atlanta - looking for a good course close to I-75 south

Some buddies and I are driving up to Atlanta for the weekend and are looking for a place to play that's not far off I-75, and relatively close to the city. We are going to a Braves game that night so we need to tee off by noon or so to have time to check in and clean up. The couple that I've...
  14. dpgator33

Going to a "Bucket List" course this summer. Have a decision to make

One of my wife's friends is from Michigan, and is going to visit for a couple weeks this summer. When we mentioned that we were looking to take a vacation around the same time, she implored us to come up to Grand Rapids and stay with her and her family (at least for part of the trip). Neither...
  15. dpgator33

Why no retail ball with alignment mark?

Given the percentage of golfers that affix an alignment mark to supplement the existing marks on a golf ball, why are there not companies that release a line of balls that already have this "extended" marking on them? I would certainly buy them if they were available. It seems like a nominal...
  16. dpgator33

White shirts, how to remove a stain

My wife bought me a nice white golf shirt while she was in San Diego. I wore it yesterday, and threw it in the laundry with bleach and other whites, and there is a horrible yellow stain on the collar and parts of the sleeves. I assumed at first it was from sweat, but after reading up a little I...
  17. dpgator33

Tampa golf memberships, input wanted

So my wife is going to grad school down in tampa starting in the fall, and I am looking to find an area and/or courses that I would want to look at, possibly even a membership. We are selling our house in Gainesville and stand to walk away with a little bit of cash, and I have the go-ahead to...
  18. dpgator33

SCOR(E)!!!!!!

Got closest to the pin at a scram bel today. My booty? A custom set of 3 SCOR wedges!!!! We played out of our minds and with only 4 mulligans posted -18 at the U of Florida course, one par, one eagle and the rest birdies. Lost first place to a group of former football players who maxed out...
  19. dpgator33

Should I really be considering not doing this?

My in-laws have invited my wife and I to hang out at their house for the final round of the Bay Hill tournament tomorrow. I have made plans to golf with my buddies tomorrow at noonish, and I would definitely have to bail on that to go. Here's the kicker...their house is in Bay Hill and the back...
  20. dpgator33

One course, Orlando, Jax, Tampa where should I play?

Birthday gift from my wife, has to be accessible, other than that, under $150, where would you play? Go!
Back