Search results for query: *

1. wubears71

Best Super Bowl Halftime show

These are my two favorites! I still put Prince”s performance above any other. Purple rain is a classic! The rain during that halftime show made it even better. Although the LA one is a very close second.
  2. wubears71

Class action lawsuit settlements

I’m sure that the majority of people constantly hear the class action lawsuit advertisements on the radio or receive spam emails or even snail mail about them. Most of them I ignore because I am either not eligible for them or The little amount I am going to get is not even worth my time to fill...
  3. wubears71

Unsolicited Swing Advice

Why do some golfers insist on giving swing advice when nobody asks for it. Please don’t be this person! BTW, she’s a PGA Pro! Better audio.
  4. wubears71

MEATER 2 Plus

If you do any sort of cooking meat - grilling, smoking, baking, broiling, etc. The MEATER 2 Plus probes are a must have. Everything has turned out perfect since I bought them right before Christmas. That is all!
  5. wubears71

How often do you dine/drink at your club?

Today, I realized outside of a cup of coffee, all my food and beverage for the day has been at the club. I had lunch here and now dinner with a drink. On average, I guess I eat 20% of my weekly meals here and hit the bar at least once per week. I never have to worry about covering F&B...
  6. wubears71

Watch out for This scammer

I called this guy out on FB for either scamming or running an illegal lottery. He is taking payments via PP and VM and insists on no comments. Watch out if you see him. I’m now blocked.
  7. wubears71

Carry bag similar to Sun Mountain 3.5+

It’s time I desperately need a new Carry Bag. My club pretty much has Ping Hoofers exclusively and I’ve never been a big fan of them. My favorite all around bag has been the SM 3.5+ but the last one just felt cheap and not the quality I’m use to with Sun Mountain. Here is my criteria: Price...
  8. wubears71

Need 2 golfers for a Friday scramble - September 29, 2023 - Forest Park St Louis

I had 2 of my golfers drop out on my team and I’m looking for 2 golfers to join me. It’s a 1 PM shotgun start at Forest Park and the fee is already paid for. Registration starts at 11:30 am and includes lunch and dinner . Also, there will be plenty of complimentary beverages on the course...
  9. wubears71

My first Albatross

I had my first albatross today and it was in my Brother-In Laws Member Guest at the Club at Pradera in Colorado. In addition I had my longest drive ever at 417 yards. We tee off 150’ above the fairway and are 6,400 feet above sea level. I then hit a 179 yard Pitching Wedge and holes it...
  10. wubears71

Thoughts on this sign

Personally, if I saw the sign of the golf course, if I played and saw it, I would not be playing at the golf course. It is rather passive aggressive.
  11. wubears71

Calcutta- how much?

We just finished our member and our Calcutta total prize money was around $23,000. We paying out the top five with the winter getting 30% of the prize pool. I have been in ones before that well over over $50k. For those that plan, member member and member guest events, what is your typical...
  12. wubears71

Weekend golf schools

I am at the point that my game is in shambles and I don’t know what to do. I am tired of looking locally - the last couple have been horrendous. One was phoning of it (think Chubs giving lessons when he met Happy) and the other wanted to change my swing and make me do things that would have...
  13. wubears71

Cheating in a golf scramble.

I just finished up playing in a charity golf scramble, and the winning team turned in a 48! That is for 18 holes. This is a par 72 course which puts it at 24 under. I don’t play in these to win but come on - 24 under??? That’s all…
  14. wubears71

Alternatives to Spectrum - legit only, no Hacky stealing options

We finally received a letter from Spectrum that our TiVo receivers will no longer work on 5/25/2023 due to their dropping support for cable cards. We have only stuck with Spectrum since 2005 due to the TiVo option. Now that it‘s going away, we don’t have any incentive to stay with Spectrum...
  15. wubears71

Going from a short bed crew cab truck to a Yukon XL

I have owned trucks for half of my life, and I always had them because of their usefulness. However, I am now at the age where I cannot physically have 2 tons of rocks dumped into the back of my truck for me to spread and crap like that. So, I am pretty much limited to 4 x 8 sheet goods and...
  16. wubears71

Would you buy a haunted house?

There is a house a few blocks from us that I considered buying years ago. At the time, it had lots of potential and a huge lot. Then, I found the back story. https://anomalien.com/haunted-gehm-house/ The current owners have it on the market and I know that they are selling it at a loss. I...
  17. wubears71

What to do with golf shafts?

I am going to do a major clean out of my golf stuff today. I’ve come to the realization that I will never hit that set of 2002 Callaway X-14s again or any other set I’ve held onto the last 20 years. The clubs are easy - I’ll be donating. The thing I’m not sure what to do with are the hundred...
  18. wubears71

Your new working mode

Now that we are past Covid and many have at least had the option to return to the office, I’m curious on everyone’s working mode and what their employers offer. At my office, there are about 20 out of a hundred people that are in almost daily including myself. There are another 50 that are...
  19. wubears71

LASIK - I’m looking for bad experiences

I am seriously considering LASIK and everyone I‘ve talked to over the last decade raves about it. So, I’m looking for the bad experiences or horror stories anyone has personally experienced. I hope there are none but I’m always interested in seeking out the downside too. I’m also interested...
  20. wubears71

Looking for a personal golf cart - suggestions

My wife and I are looking to purchase a golf cart to cruise around the area. We want 6 seats. We are thinking of something similar to this — Is there any advice out there on what to look for or what to stay away from?
Back