Search results for query: *

1. PiratePenguin

Hybrid shaft recommendation needed

I have a Paradym 6 hybrid that needs a heavier shaft(currently the stock Hzrdus Silver 65). I was fit into an Oban Isawa red hybrid shaft for my 5 hybrid (72g, mid spin, mid/high launch, reg flex). My irons are Fuji Pro95. I'm thinking something in between those two weight wise maybe in the...
  2. PiratePenguin

Little Debbie Easter Puffs

The second best seasonal Debbie cake behind Christmas Tree Cakes. Bought four boxes at Target today. 🤘🏻
  3. PiratePenguin

What is your useless super power?

I can get every grain of rice out of a bowl/plate when eating. Everyone else in my family leaves like 8 billion stray rice grains behind, like heathens. What is your useless super power?
  4. PiratePenguin

Cart bag that won’t fall over?

I need a new cart bag. Current one is old and tips forward so I have to lean it against things. I see so many reviews out there of current bag lines doing the same thing. Is there a good quality cart bag out there that doesn’t tip forward once loaded with clubs, balls, rain gear, etc...
  5. PiratePenguin

CC Iron Fitting 11/2/23

Final prep underway for my first iron fitting in almost a decade tomorrow. Why a decade? Well, I was fitted at CC for a full bag in early 2014 and then in early 2015 had to quit playing due to extreme shoulder nerve pain problems. Two dozen doctors, a crap ton of physical therapy, two major...
  6. PiratePenguin

Do you know your Anti-Handicap?

Most people know about handicaps and many know how they are calculated. But do you know your Anti-Handicap? Instead of your best 8 most recent 20 rounds, this is your 8 WORST most recent 20 rounds. The difference between the two is basically how variable your game is from round to round. My...
  7. PiratePenguin

WTB Pro SENDR Training Aid

Wanting to try this out if anyone has one they don't use anymore. Right handed.
  8. PiratePenguin

For Sale FootJoy Fuel 9M Navy/White

So I showed up to the course the other day and realized I left my shoes at home. Had to buy the closest size I could get at the clubhouse, but they are a half size too big for me. Great otherwise, and might get a pair in my size, but the heel is just too loose for me to keep. Rode a cart, dry...
  9. PiratePenguin

Aids for overswinging/across the line?

Below is my current swing with a 7 iron. I have been working on SHORTENING my backswing. Yes, this is shorter. I'm stupid flexible and can turn like a freaking owl :ROFLMAO: As you can see, I easily get too far back/around and across the line. Open to ideas on training aids that might help me...
  10. PiratePenguin

Brand you have never played?

I was thinking back over my 25 years playing (1998-Present) and how not once have I ever owned any single club of any kind by Callaway. No reason. Not against them, far from it, it has just never worked out that way. Almost got a Paradigm driver this year, it came in second. Have played Callaway...
  11. PiratePenguin

Shoes with wide toe beds?

I've got a pair of black Adidas that look great and are comfortable everywhere but the toes, where they squeeze my pinky toes badly on both sides. Gonna have to give them up for something with a wider toe bed, but last time I tried a bunch from Amazon of various brands these were the most...
  12. PiratePenguin

Golf History Books?

Any recommendations for good golf history books? Nothing fiction, but actual historical research type stuff. On the game, on course architecture. I like history. I like golf. I've never read golf history. :unsure:
  13. PiratePenguin

My TPI Assessment Experience

I figured this was probably the closest sub-forum to use for posting this... After listening to a very interesting podcast episode from The Sweet Spot with Dr. Greg Rose from TPI a month or two ago I decided to look around and find a TPI coach nearby. I had some significant medical issues...
  14. PiratePenguin

For Sale FS: ShotScope X5 Black Stealth GPS Watch

Fully functioning X5 Black Stealth with all tags and charger, etc. I decided a dedicated GOS watch just isn’t for me and am switching to their new Connex tags with my phone instead. (The tags for this X5 have little clear rubber furniture pads on them as protection from rubbing away in the bag...
  15. PiratePenguin

Summer Golf Pants

I searched and only saw a thread from 2017 (or searched the wrong combo of words, whatever) so maybe time to revisit. I'm in hot, humid Florida and have never worn pants to play unless it is a "cold" winter round (you know, below like 65 degrees is cold here), but now that I'm getting older...
  16. PiratePenguin

PSA on Sun Protection

No, not for your skin, though that is super important... This one is for your eyes. I just had a routine annual checkup and they saw a small spot in the back of my right eye near the optic nerve that they think is ok for now, but will be monitoring for melanoma, which I didn't know you could...
  17. PiratePenguin

Apple Jacks Pop Tarts

These finally showed up in our local grocery store. I was very excited to try them, but they are way too strong in cinnamon flavor with very little apple. Taste nothing like apple jacks or apple pie. Big let down.
  18. PiratePenguin

Need a suit for a cruise - where to look?

We're going on a cruise in about five weeks and I haven't worn one in years and what I have in the closet doesn't fit, and what would be close with small alterations looks like a funeral suit, not a cruise suit. I've poked around a few places online but anything I like so far is out of stock or...
  19. PiratePenguin

Super Mario Bros movie

If the Super Mario Bros movie doesn’t sweep the Oscars in every category it will be the greatest travesty in cinematic history. [emoji23] Just from start to finish. Non-stop fun. Go see it if you grew up playing at any point. My wife and I and our 11 year old all loved it. Chock full of game...
  20. PiratePenguin

Training Aides for Fixing Early Release?

Any good training aid recommendations for combating an early release in the downswing? Quite a few things out there, but mostly mixed reviews (often that they may work but are expensive for what you get). Any actual worth bothering with?
Back