Search results for query: *

1. F

“Ping experience” fitting

I am signed up for the 1.5hr ping fitting experience in Scottsdale AZ. I am wonder if anyone had done it, and what I might be in for.
  2. F

What do you consider forgiveness?

I have been watching a lot of these Cool Clubs iron tests on YouTube. I seem to have gone down a rabbits hole with these. I am "confused " on what forgiveness even means anymore. With irons, is it getting the ball in the air easier? Is it left to right dispersion? Is it consistent distance...
  3. F

Srixon lead times?

Have a set of z forged/zx7/ zx5 combo set build up in the cart on the main web site. Before pulling the trigger has anyone lately ordered custom stuff from them and know lead times?
  4. F

Not again!!! Just say something to someone!

Lost another another friend this past week who took his own life. Being a Vet this is more and more common than I would like to admit. This is just a PSA for anyone on the struggle bus that people do care, now and after after you are gone and to just to say something to someone. You do not need...
  5. F

Do my ears lie?

I "feel" like my jaws wedges are softer than my vokeys. I know 90% of feel is sound, so do my ears lie to me? Am I alone thinking this? I read often how soft vokeys sound they sound more clicky than jaws to me.
  6. F

Putter Fitting what to expect.

Sadly I have to admit that putting is a weak point of my game. So i am thinking of doing putter fitting at club champion. For those that have done one at club champion or anywhere else. What do I need to look for, questions to ask, any advice?
  7. F

WTB 3 and 4 iron i210

Looking for a 3 and 4 iron in black dot. I am less concerned about shaft and more about color code since these bad boys need to be sent back to Ping to be adjusted. However, I am open to different color codes as well.
  8. F

After Open win Titleist PLEASE!!

I am hoping for a "Open special edition" Blacked out T100's am I the only one?
  9. F

Keeping your tempo/timing?

I keep loosing my timing throughout a round. I normally start off ok (depending on how the warm up range went). Then I seem to just start smacking and slashing at the ball for number of holes then smooth again and enter rollercoaster mode back and forth. So I would love to hear how everyone...
  10. F

Closest to modus 120

Does anyone else know any shafts that are close in profile to the modus 120 stiff? I was fit in that with some Apex TCB irons today, but hear that shaft is hard to come by. What are my other options?
  11. F

Little paint on the Vokey

A coworker of mine hooked me up with paint today. What do you all think?
  12. F

Wedge Guru's advice please

I will start this off by saying that I have never had a wedge fitting. However, I do have a few questions "bounce related" after watch a TXG video ( I know, I know, but what can I say I'm obsessed with golf... more information) Ian was talking about bounce and strike location relationships. I...
  13. F

Start of hard or hard clubs?

Random questions for those that have more then one sets of irons or drivers. At the start of the season do you think. A) start of with hardest to hit clubs to tighten up the swing. Or B) go with your most forgiving and work the rust off on the course slower?
  14. F

Is PXG the new Ping?

Hanging at the 19th hole this afternoon and the topic came up. A former Ping diehard has been showing up with more and more Pxg stuff in his bag. When asked about this, he said "All the good engineers at Ping are over at Pxg now, so might as well buy something that sounds and feels better...
  15. F

Easiest way to fix this?

I went a month or so ago to get fitted for some irons. I decided to get some ping 425 irons since I wanted to test if my GIR would go up with a more GI iron. Since the saying is go with the most forgiving iron you can look at. Since I don't really care about looks I went with these. Well weeks...
  16. F

What do you think of this?

So, in the search to find different looking ways to do things that have been done for a long time. I came up with a different looking way to finish a putter face. What do you all think of the look of this? It's just a 6061 test to see how everything looks before cutting it out of stainless. The...
  17. F

Why is the course swing so different then the range?

Is it just me, or do you have two different swings that you use. One for the course and the range. I am almost at the point that warming up on the range is a detriment to my score. I can be hitting a nice baby fade on the range... Then get on the course and it is hook and block city. My miss...
  18. F

What is world did Callaway send me?

So I ordered some like new "dot" 19 Apex pro irons from Callaway pre-owned. They show up and I open the box up. I find these irons. Brand new "double dot" irons. Still in the plastic with what appears to be the best looking satin finish I have ever seen. Does anyone know anything about these? A...
  19. F

XR pro VS X2Hot pro Irons

Who has hit both and how do they compare? I looking for new shafts in my SLDR irons (need stiffer flex) and it is almost the price of X2Hot pro Irons to get them reshafted and gripped. I am currently using X2hot pro driver thu 5 wood and really like them just not sure about the Irons. I know I...
  20. F

Swinging harder on course?

I feel as I am guilty of this and cannot seem to stop. When Im on the range nice smooth swings great contact going where i want them. Out on the course another story, I feel like I speed up my tempo and try to clober the ball. More so the drive but irons as well. Seems the longer I wait between...
Back