Search results for query: *

1. Mav281

Start of the 2013 F1 Season

Well tomorrow marks the start of the 2013 F1 season when qualifying gets underway "down under" for the Australian Grand Prix. So - Who's your money on for this season, any team in particular you will be rooting for? For me I am very keen to see how Perez gets on in a "big name" team. I think...
  2. Mav281

THP UK Summer Cup Report

The 29th and 30th of September saw the UK THP Trophy make its way to the central part of the UK and the Belton Woods resort near Grantham (http://www.devere-hotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/belton-woods/golf/introduction.html) for what was the 3rd meeting this year of the UK contingent of The...
  3. Mav281

THP UK Summer Cup Discussion Thread - 29th/30th Sept

Apologies to anyone who was wondering where this post had gone. It got to the stage where we had thrown around so many ideas about locations, prices and dates that I decided the best course of action was to have the last post closed off and a new one started. We have tried hard to find a...
  4. Mav281

THP UK - Summer Cup discussion thread

With the memory of the Belfry still fresh in our minds, I guess now is as good a time as any to start to consider our 3rd outing of the year - which would be our 2013 THP UK Summer Cup. I've been having a look at some options for a few weeks now and have come across a couple of good ones. But...
  5. Mav281

THP UK Spring Cup Review and pictures

It’s honestly difficult to know where to begin with this particular recap. The last couple of days seem to have been a bit of a blur for me (partly Sambuca induced), but in the best possible ways and I know that everyone who was involved in the event feels the same way. Some 10 or 12 weeks...
  6. Mav281

UK Hackers - I need your help........

I am looking to put together a team of 4 superhero golfers (3 plus myself), to take part in the Macmillan Cancer Support Longest Day Golf Challenge. The challenge is fairly simple and involves the team of 4 playing 72 holes of golf in a single day which I am looking to organise at my local...
  7. Mav281

Ultimate Player DNA

So I've been watching Sky's coverage of the Par 3 competition at Augusta, and after the competition had finished they did this bit on who's DNA could be combined to create the greatest golfer of all time purely for Augusta. These are all obviously Masters champions. The particular focus points...
  8. Mav281

Stowamatic GT2 Golf trolley

This one probably isn't going to be so relevant for you guys "on the other side of the pond", but it could come in useful for anyone UK/Europe based or indeed anyone who stumbles across this post via a search engine. I've got a Stowamatic GT2 golf trolley now which was purchased in very early...
  9. Mav281

Golfing humour.....

A couple was having dinner one evening when the husband reached across the table, took his wife's hand in his and said, "Beth, soon we will be married 30 years, and there's something I have to know, in all of these 30 years, have you ever been unfaithful to me?" Beth replied, "Well Charles, I...
  10. Mav281

UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

After a brilliant couple of days golf that formed the UK THP Winter Cup I think it's fair to say that everyone is hugely excited about further UK based THP events. One suggestion that was floated was to have quarterly meets dotted around the UK which is where the idea of the Winter, Spring...
  11. Mav281

UK THP Winter Cup – Full Report (Picture Heavy)

I returned this evening from the most recent meeting of the UK contingent of the Hackers Paradise forum. I and many of the others on the THP forum are very keen for this to be the first of a number of events throughout 2013 as well as moving forwards. I hope the report below will give everyone...
  12. Mav281

Fairway wood decision

I find myself stuck trying to make a decision on which way to go with my fairway wood. I currently have an RBZ 3 Wood which to be perfectly honest I find to be too long off the tee (only 10 yards shorter than my driver), and unless I am swinging really well I can't hit it off the deck so more...
  13. Mav281

Anyone else not going to work tomorrow?

Just thought I would see how many other folks are not making the daily trek into the office tomorrow? I've got the pleasure of having to call our insurance company tomorrow morning to sort out some flood damage at home caused by my 5 yeard old today. We went out this afternoon for 3 or 4...
  14. Mav281

Calling all uk based thp hackers!

Having noticed a number of people from the UK joining the THP forums recently, in addition to those that are already members, I was wondering if we have reached the stage where there would be enough interest to warrent setting up a UK weekend golf trip? Having looked very breifly on the web...
  15. Mav281

Do you hover........

.....Your Driver, Hybrids or Irons before your backswing? It's not something I have ever really tried in the past, but I've watched a few tour pro's do it, and I played with a guy last week who played off 2.3 and hit the ball huge distances and he hovered his driver before his take away...
  16. Mav281

Contest: Win a pair of FootJoy Golf shoes

Another Direct-golf.co.uk giveaway - http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/footjoyshop/sis.aspx Open to all in Europe and US. Good luck!
  17. Mav281

Contest: Win an Adams Fast 12 Driver and matching 3 & 5 woods

Another Direct-golf.co.uk giveaway - http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/adamsgolfshop/sis.aspx Open to all in Europe and US. Good luck!
  18. Mav281

Contest: Win a Cobra AMP Driver......

...... and a signed shirt from Ricky Fowler Another Direct-golf.co.uk contest - http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/cobrashop/ Open to all in Europe and US.
  19. Mav281

My first club victory - and it was a major!

Firstly I don't want this post to come across as though I am bragging, it's genunily not my intention to brag I'm just pretty much over the moon with my performance today and wanted to share the experience with other THP er's :D Today was the Spring Cup at my local club which is one of about 6...
  20. Mav281

Hello from across the pond......

Hi All :hello: Thought I would stick my head round the door and say hello, now that I've registered for the website. I've found some of the reviews and comments on here very useful since finding the website a few months back and now find myself reading through various pages on a regular basis...
Back