Search results for query: *

1. Rob Wedge

The first Tee Outting - TPC Jasna Polana

Great outing at an awesome course and for a good cause! April 28th 2014 - Jasna Polana in Princeton NJ. $275 per player Shamble Best 2 balls of 4 Awards to top 3 teams Dinner, Raffle and prives http://www.tpc.com/tpc.asp?id=19&page=2676
  2. Rob Wedge

EMS Shipping

Has anyone ever used EMS shipping in China? Ordered something from there last week and it seems like they just keep shipping the item to themselves over and over again. Below is the tracking the have for me and I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen. 2014-03-18...
  3. Rob Wedge

Earth and Mutombo

Apparently Earth is the Mutombo of our galaxy. NASA just recently discovered that besides our magnetosphere we have a secondary defense to solar winds and other nasties. Earth also has an arm that extends out and actually blocks them during bad solar storms. "Now, for the first time, a study...
  4. Rob Wedge

Trump GL Ferry Point

Been waiting for this course to open for years now and decided to check when the day will finally come. Last time I checked it was supposed to in Spring of 2014 so I was amped that it would be soon. Looks like I have to wait another year though. Whats another year when its already been 12! Looks...
  5. Rob Wedge

Miura, Oakley team up for sweepstakes giveaway

"Miura Golf is teaming up with sporting/leisure powerhouse Oakley to offer a dream prize for a lucky sweepstakes winner and a friend: entry in a super-cool Oakley golf pro-am at the famed Ritz-Carlton Resort in Half Moon Bay, California — plus a set of custom-fitted Miura irons for both the...
  6. Rob Wedge

Jesse Massie Shoot's 56

Mini tour player Jesse Massie shoots a 56 at Glenmary. That is just one sick round. Anyone ever play there? Seems like a shorter course from the tips at 6540 but I have no clue what the layout is. 17 of 18 GIR and 21 putts. Sorry if this was posted already. Couldn't find anything through the...
  7. Rob Wedge

Driver Fitting

Have a Driver fitting this Tuesday. Any shafts to request trying? Been out of the loop on shafts for the last couple months.
  8. Rob Wedge

Lessons

Get them! Been having issues with my driver this season so finally bit the bullet and went for them. 5 mins of video, 10 mins of watching it and seeing my issues and 12 swings on the range before it was straight and LOOOONG. Went through a massive bucket after my lessons and 8 out of 10 were...
  9. Rob Wedge

G Fore Gloves

http://www.gfore.com/ Pros Extremely soft Cabretta leather Colors did not run for me Durable Cons $$$$$ My wife picked me up a Green one while she was shopping in Manhattan. The guy at the store told her it was the "Coach Bag" of golf gloves and he actually wasn't BS'n. These are some super...
  10. Rob Wedge

The Mental Game

I recently have ran into a problem, playing well with others. I have never had this issue in all the time I have been playing and have no clue where it came from. When I go out a play a round by myself I consistently shoot in the low 80's. Put me with with a 3some of people I don't know and BAM...
  11. Rob Wedge

Green Cobra Cell Driver - Ebay

Just a funny thing I noticed. Ebay the Limited Green Cobra Cell Driver and every single one on Ebay is 1 of 1800. Am I missing something?
  12. Rob Wedge

Old School Blades

Have a son on the way and my wife agreed that we should do a golf themed room. My father brought over my grandfathers clubs to hang on the walls and I was blown away by what true old school blades were. These are some hand forged clubs made in Scotland. This is a 7 iron and stamped on it it says...
  13. Rob Wedge

New Clubs Finally Came

Feels like Christmas today. New clubs finally came in. In a rush so I'll post some better pics when I get back. Crappy camera, will use my better one when I get a chance. But here they are! Specs are in my sig. [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  14. Rob Wedge

Full Iron Fitting

So I got sick of going back and forth and testing every new iron and signed up for a full fitting at NY Golf Center in Manhattan. Figured I'll let them get the best fit for me and go with it no matter what one it is they pick. Below are some of the things they look at and include in the fitting...
  15. Rob Wedge

New Iron Lofts and Wedges

I was putting together a set last night just to kill time and got stuck at wedges with the Cobra AMP Cells . With the faces being so hot and the lofts jacked up I just had no clue where to start with them. I would stay with the AMP wedges but I much prefer a more "Blade" style wedge over a...
  16. Rob Wedge

Stupid Corporate Sayings

I just got out of a long boring meeting at work and had to laugh at all the stupid Corp lingo being used. Lets hear some things said at your work. I'll start it off. We don’t have to boil the ocean - You’re trying to do too much with the resources you have available Closing the loop - Last...
  17. Rob Wedge

Iron Pondering

Hey GLP. Finally think I have my new irons narrowed down to MP53's. Been playing PING S58's for close to 6 years now and just needed a change. Hit just about every club out on the market right now and kept coming back to the MP53's, even over the MP59's. The only thing I do not like about them...
  18. Rob Wedge

New Problem Hooking, What To Do?

I've been golfing my entire life with a major cupped wrist. I never had a problem with my irons, I actually had a very good iron game with a nice soft draw. The only issue I had was with my driver and a fat slice if I really went after the ball. To fix the slice issue I basically swung at 3/4...
  19. Rob Wedge

9-foot alligator attacks golfer in Florida

Did a search and wasn't able to find this story. 9 foot gator pulls a retired man into the lake. Video at the link. Looks like he wasn't injured to bad but man that must of been scary as heck...
  20. Rob Wedge

Club Fitting at Golfsmith

I have a scheduled driver fitting this Friday at the Golfsmith store in Manhattan. Has anyone went through one at Golfsmith and did you find it worth it? I went through one at a local mom and pop store and walked away feeling ripped off. Some high school kid just handing me clubs and not really...
Back