Search results for query: *

1. mancest

How to get more Spin?

This is somewhat related to another post, and could also be in equipment... but short story long: I am a recovering slicer, I was steep, over the top and generated way too much spin.... now I am fairly neutral (2-3 in to out, sometimes neutral or even 1-2 out to in when things go bad). I play...
  2. mancest

lie angle on driver, how important is it?

Have put in quite a bit of work on my swing and trying to get everything I can dialed in. In doing that I have been getting in practice time on a GC Quad with both down the line and face on video. I finished my practice session today with a few driver swings. Took a photo of the last shot...
  3. mancest

Mrs. Davis on Peacock

As much as I loathe all the streaming channels, there has been some really good content to come out of it. I learned I get peacock with my cable subscription and enjoyed Poker Face. There is a show that was released on 4/20 (I don't think that was coincidental) called Mrs Davis. I watched a...
  4. mancest

FS: autoflex 305 X w/callaway Tip

Good morning THP, tried going back to the well for some distance and found a decent deal on the mythical autoflex shaft. Did not work for me so hoping to get back what I paid, but of course will listen to all reasonable offers. 305X autoflex driver shaft in the limited edition blue/red color...
  5. mancest

Travis Mathew Heritage Quarter Zip

Another day another Quarter Zip! Today I am wearing the Heritage Quarter Zip from Travis Mathew. https://www.travismathew.com/TM/TOPS/Outerwear/HERITAGE-QUARTER-ZIP/p/1MX185_4HRV_ It is lighter and perfect for the office (wearing it there currently). Will have another Qzip to mention, this...
  6. mancest

Travis Mathew Cloud Quarter Zip 2.0

I know people are waiting on the 5150 Fringe to talk about Under Embargo clubs, but....we have about a week to go before details can be discussed. One thing we can talk about is the apparel we received. So far my favorite (which has been hard to choose) is the Travis Mathew Cloud Quarter Zip...
  7. mancest

Ogio PACE Pro Max Travel Duffel/Backpack

As part of the 2022 Granddaddy of them all, our friends at Callaway started the week off giving us a bag full of goodies... this was the bag that those goodies were filled with...
  8. mancest

Packing for a golf trip

Say you have a golf trip, 5 or so days. Do you just wing it, or do you make a list to make sure you don't forget anything? No specific trip obviously, but having a discussion with some friends...
  9. mancest

GOW Ragnarok

I know we have some gamers on here, I only dabble in a few games, but God of War in 2018 might be the best game I have ever played. The sequel came out on Wednesday. I got it and played about an hour Wednesday and in that short amount of time, I think it will be the best game I have ever...
  10. mancest

FS: rogue st 5W, kinetixx putter shaft, Dormie, swag putter

Trying to find some discretionary spending for hideaway pro sho in several weeks. No trade interest, all prices are shipped USPS within the USA. If you want delivery elsewhere please PM and I will investigate costs. Callaway Rogue ST 5w (18*) w/stock ventus blue 6S. Includes original Headcover...
  11. mancest

Customer service, why is it so terrible?

Besides numerous obvious answers, why is doing your job, or even pretending like you care seemingly impossible for most businesses anymore? For me the straw that is breaking my back is Venmo. Our golf club (a non profit entity) lost use of paypay for various reasons, so to tide us over I...
  12. mancest

Sportsbox AI

Has anyone had any experience with this app/tech? I have seen it on social media a bit, but never experienced it. Yesterday during my lesson, my coach said he wanted to get some video... which I found slightly odd because there is face on/dtl video recording at each bay in every single one of...
  13. mancest

LIV is happening, What does the PGA Tour do now?

If a similar thread has already started, sorry, please merge, I haven't seen one. Liv has begun, several players have already gone and it seems more will follow. We know who has gone so far, and more likely will, if you are running the tour, what do you do? For me, Step 1: I don't know...
  14. mancest

Mancest's road to the 2022 Grandaddy

Going to put this in the travel portion, but mods, please move if I should put somewhere else. Was planning to get a reaction video of me finding out I got in, but based on circumstances decided against it this morning.... was in the shower and heard a text on my phone.... in my work, if I get...
  15. mancest

Justin Thomas sign with Greyson

Not sure if this was news but I got an email confirming he is with Greyson now. Not surprising as I believe they were founded by someone who left Ralph Lauren and I am pretty sure I saw him wearing one of their polos a couple weeks ago.
  16. mancest

Golf Digest story on Ukranian Jr Golfer

Just saw this one come across on twitter and found it a good if sobering read. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ukrainian-golfer-war-mykhailo-golod Kid is 10k times more mature than I will ever be.
  17. mancest

PGA player leaves for SGL... what do his sponsors say?

Say you are Bryson/Phil/Charlie Hoffman and you take the check to go play in the SGL and Monahan does what he has threatened and bans you from the PGA tour. What happens to the players sponsorship deals? I would have to think some of those deals (if not all of them) have some provisions for...
  18. mancest

FS: Epic max + shafts, ST-x driver & more

Doing some fall clean up, not looking for any trades (maybe a some swag headcovers or putters). Customs Epic Max 10.5* driver (black/pink). Used for about 6 months some marks on the face and one spot where it hit concrete on the bottom right where the weight is. Won’t play but it is there...
  19. mancest

Grips: best for help with finger pain?

So while I don't feel like I am that old, lifting heavy weights a few days a week and making a lot of golf swings on the regular, I have started to get some real pain in a few fingers (middle on right hand, middle/ring on left hand). Anyone have any advice on what grips help ease the pain in...
Back