Search results for query: *

1. Jank

"Would you like to use the scorecard feature?"

I played three straight rounds over this past weekend and each course had the GPS feature in the cart. Of course, after finishing the first hole, you are always prompted on using the electronic scorecard. Does anyone actually use this feature? I think I did a few times back in the day since it...
  2. Jank

The Korean Corn Dog

There have been a pretty large influx of restaurants around here that are selling Korean Corn Dogs. I've had a few over the last few months, but I am partial to the Hot Cheeto dusted ones. Also, the ones stuffed with mozzarella are really good too, though it's a mess load of cheese. Anyone...
  3. Jank

For Sale UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple with Srixon Tip

Looking to sell a UST Mamiya LIN-Q Purple driver shaft fitted with a left-handed Srixon Tip (but will also be usable in a RH head) Driver measures 43.75" from the end of the grip to the tip of the adapter Flex: 6F4 Grip: Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize Shaft has been used twice on the course, so...
  4. Jank

Stupid Thoughts We Had As Children?

What are some stupid/cringeworthy/hilarious thoughts you had as a child (or you see from your own kids) that you think back on and shake your head? What sparked this thread, you might ask? I was watching Forrest Gump yesterday and as a kid I thought that Gary Sinise (Lt Dan) and Travis Tritt...
  5. Jank

Sow Good Candy (Freeze Dried Candy)

Alright... so I tried these for the first time yesterday and was surprised how much I liked them. The ones that I tried were the freeze dried Rainbow Bites (aka Skittles) and I damn near ate the whole bag. The flavor is all there, but the texture is super crunchy and doesn't get stuck in your...
  6. Jank

What's Your Hand Position When Driving?

I admittedly end up in the 12:00 position more often than not, but on longer drives I try and roll with 10/2 or 9/3 since it's a little more comfortable on the back and neck.
  7. Jank

What Movie(s) Are You Ashamed To Have Not Seen Yet?

The Christmas movie thread got me thinking that I am somewhat ashamed to have never seen Die Hard. Also, Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace is the only Star Wars movie I have seen all the way through [ducks and covers]
  8. Jank

T-36 Golf Course Concept

Troon Golf has purchased a course that has shutdown here locally some time ago and they are unveiling their first "T-36" golf course that utilizes 18 tee areas, 18 greens, but only 9 fairways in order to reduce the land area of the course, which will also reduce the amount of water needed to...
  9. Jank

Favorite SNL Music Performance(s)

Though I am not the biggest habitual watcher of SNL, historically, they have had some iconic musical acts grace their stage. What are some of your favorites?
  10. Jank

Memory Lane: Link The First Thread You Started

Not counting introductory threads, what is the first thread that you started? I think it would be fun to see what the first impact we made on the community was. Marshmallow Drive
  11. Jank

Do Metrics Matter To You?

Seeing threads about spin, height, etc., and it hits me that I don't really know any of my metrics from a quantifiable perspective other than carry distance. Even that obviously has a large tolerance built in. Do you roughly know your metrics? Do they matter to you? Are you actively...
  12. Jank

Do you use Siri/Google Assistant?

I've been in the iPhone family for something like 2 years now and I think I have used Siri maybe 5 times. When I was with Android, I also rarely used their voice assistant. Do you heavily use Siri/Google Assistant? If so, what do you use it mostly for?
  13. Jank

Motocaddy M3 GPS Electric Caddy

Just got an email on the M3 GPS electric cart. Pricing looks good at $1,199, though it doesn't have the remote. It looks very similar to the M5 with just a smaller screen, though I'm not sure if that is the only differentiation between the two models given the $250 price difference. Honestly, it...
  14. Jank

The Tiger Drive

Played in a scramble today and, of course, we opted in for the "Tiger Drive" donation to the cause at hand where we can move up to 100-150 yards out on a designated par 5 and hit our second shot. It seems like the Tiger Drive itself is a relatively new way that scrambles use to increase the...
  15. Jank

Solar Eclipse (Sat. October 14)

Anyone going to check out the eclipse tomorrow? Houston should have a pretty good vantage point with near full coverage, so I'll likely watch it for a bit.
  16. Jank

The Immaculate Grid

Baseball isn't my best specialty, but this is still another of those fun daily games. Strictly MLB that focuses on crossover players between teams as well as awards/milestones within the organizations. https://www.immaculategrid.com/
  17. Jank

Ghost Tours

Anyone been on any good ghost tours that they'd recommend? I'm not really a believer, but I love the history of a lot of the places and I enjoy the stories. I have been on a few really good ones that I would highly suggest if you're in the area. Old City Jail, Charleston, SC Tour happens...
  18. Jank

How are the drivers where you live?

Just curious what is your personal perception of the drivers in the area you live? Drivers in Houston are mostly nuts as they speed around everywhere, cut abruptly across 4 lanes of traffic, don't use their blinkers, are constantly texting, and are very reckless. For me, I think that I am a...
  19. Jank

Favorite of the Big 3 Pizza Chains for Pizza

The banter of the breadstick thread got me thinking, what is your favorite of the big 3 pizza chains? I know that your Nonna or Uncle Luigi make better pizza, but take that noise elsewhere. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For me, I like the garlic sauce at Papa John's, but I think I gotta roll...
  20. Jank

Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

Texas is back (🤮) and making our now annual pilgrimage to the wild, wild west of Arizona to bring the AZTHP coin back east! @Nate and I are pretty open for the month, but currently leaning towards the weekend of April 12-14, 2024 in Phoenix to venture away from Camp Wildcat and spare...
Back