2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

JB, have you given any more thought to 14* vs 15.5* ? That 14* just seems to be calling for my bag.

Get out of my head, because those thoughts are consuming me. All I keep thinking about is what to do. My gut feeling is the 14* is staying and I will add a higher lofted one and then go 4 hybrid instead of 3. But who the heck knows. All I do know is that in all my time playing golf, I have seen a lot of things change games. But in reality, 3 things have changed my game more than others.

1. Hybrids (I love you Hoeffy for that).
2. Multiple Wedges (Cookie, you will find out at the MC)
3. This FW Wood (I now have no issues hitting a FW off the deck at any time).

Get out of my head, because those thoughts are consuming me. All I keep thinking about is what to do. My gut feeling is the 14* is staying and I will add a higher lofted one and then go 4 hybrid instead of 3. But who the heck knows. All I do know is that in all my time playing golf, I have seen a lot of things change games. But in reality, 3 things have changed my game more than others.

Mmm very good ponderments. I am going grab the 14* for sure and then have a battle with the RBZ. If the Mashie goes further the RBZ will get kicked out if not I will game both of them. And if its that good I really like the idea of getting the 5W too.

I think that 14 will be a godsend on those courses

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Mmm very good ponderments. I am going grab the 14* for sure and then have a battle with the RBZ. If the Mashie goes further the RBZ will get kicked out if not I will game both of them. And if its that good I really like the idea of getting the 5W too.

Isn't a 14* and a 15* too close in lofts to carry both?

Isn't a 14* and a 15* too close in lofts to carry both?

What if I hit one a lot further off the tee and one is maybe shorter but a lot easier off the deck? Now, if the one is just as long off the tee and easier off the deck then its all blown up and one gets off'ed. Which could very well happen.

LOL @ the bolded part.

Dude, we've talked about playing to a number for 2 years so for you to be that comfortable hitting a 14* club off the deck should be the biggest advertisement for the Mashie FW. I can't wait to get mine.

LOL @ the bolded part.

Dude, we've talked about playing to a number for 2 years so for you to be that comfortable hitting a 14* club off the deck should be the biggest advertisement for the Mashie FW. I can't wait to get mine.

Depending on distance I will still lay up to a number to give me a better chance at birdie, but if there is not much trouble up there (meaning water in front of the green like a lot of the courses have in this area), I will go inside of 235 now, almost every time with this thing.

Depending on distance I will still lay up to a number to give me a better chance at birdie, but if there is not much trouble up there (meaning water in front of the green like a lot of the courses have in this area), I will go inside of 235 now, almost every time with this thing.

I like it dude. No trouble around the green, a hammer off the fairway, and a short game to boot. Your par 5 average is probably getting lower and lower thanks to the Mashie.

I'm the proud new OEM'r of the Hybrid AND fairway wood. JB just sold me on the FW, no if's, and's, or but's about it. I have no regrets about not giving the RBZ 3W another shot. The 14* Mashie seems right up my alley.

Looking forward to your thoughts, bahester. Congrats on the purchase!

This is making me re-think wanting the Mashie M1. I picked up a used 18 degree M2 the other day and absolutely love it. I was contemplating getting the M1 and taking the 3 wood out of my bag completely - and maybe adding an M3 as well. Now I am starting to ponder the 14 degree 3W instead of the M1. I mean you guys straight love this club!

Going to see if I can take out a Mashie 3W for my round today so I can see how it does for me on the course...was great in the store though.

This is making me re-think wanting the Mashie M1. I picked up a used 18 degree M2 the other day and absolutely love it. I was contemplating getting the M1 and taking the 3 wood out of my bag completely - and maybe adding an M3 as well. Now I am starting to ponder the 14 degree 3W instead of the M1. I mean you guys straight love this club!

See if you can get your hands on one. I think you'll be surprised at how nicely it sets up for a 3W.

Going to see if I can take out a Mashie 3W for my round today so I can see how it does for me on the course...was great in the store though.

Awaiting your thoughts, buddy. Good luck!

What if I hit one a lot further off the tee and one is maybe shorter but a lot easier off the deck? Now, if the one is just as long off the tee and easier off the deck then its all blown up and one gets off'ed. Which could very well happen.

I guess that could work. But isn't that similar to the guy who is bagging two drivers, one you hit straight one you can hook or slice. One is good for all straight fairways and the others for any kind of doglegs.

I guess that could work. But isn't that similar to the guy who is bagging two drivers, one you hit straight one you can hook or slice. One is good for all straight fairways and the others for any kind of doglegs.

Not sure its like that. Even though lofts are only 1* apart, the differences in yardage could be significant because of the makeup of the two FW's that KMAC is looking at. He is saying though, if the Mashie is just as long as the RBZ then no point in having the two. The Mashie sounds like it is 10x easier off the deck than any other FW.

Ugh, I have a feeling i'll be top heavy Cleveland wise very soon before the J40's start showing up.

Yeah it could work or maybe not. All this Mashie 3W talk got me itching so I just pre-ordered it and now the Mashie 3W watch is ON.

You go 15.5 Kmac?

I think itll fit perfectly between RBZ and RBZ

That is what Im thinking too but I did get crazy and go strong 3W. That might mess everything up. My new other plan is if the Mashie is just THAT good, then the RBZ 3W gets off'ed and I might then either get another Mashie or another RBZ hybrid.

Hawk, I went with the 14*

Nice dude. I still would like to hit that one.

I love a strong 3W. Just that little added distance and lower trajectory that I like. My bag might get all blown up at the top very soon, again.

This keeps sticking in my mind and has me wanting one, really bad!

This keeps sticking in my mind and has me wanting one, really bad!

That is a very strong statement OG and cannot be ignored. I want to have that same confidence with my 3W too.

If it's just a little lower than the 15.5 I suspect you'll like the trajectory you see. I'm annoyed that it's supposed to be cold this weekend again. I want to go hit some more balls with this. I've been thinking about it non-stop since last weekend.

I know how you feel, its sunny, no wind and 50* today. Tomorrow a wintery mix. And then cold all week and weekend. wtc

Back