2012 NFL Draft Thread

I think he's def a 1st round guy....top half but to be in the top 10 I think says a lot about teams picking for need vs. the best player available which can get some teams in trouble....particularly if they miss. I know I'm way off on this but he reminds me of a smaller version of Limas Sweed. Was great in school but just didn't have the game/maturity to make it in the pros. I think the reason why you see some people/teams talking more about Floyd vs. Blackmon is that maybe people have seen enough of BLackmons tape now and realize that he's not a game changer as a WR should be if going in the top 10?

Oh lord, please don't do that to me again.

I don't either but man would we be solid on the line for years to come

Big D is going to land Barron. I love draft week. All this speculation we've been doing and in a few days we all will be proven wrong, LOL

Yes, we will have one. Stay tuned for the announcement tomorrow night or so.
Very nice....so I'm gonna have a shot to defend my title last year. :bashful:

Thursday needs to get here already, I've read way too much draft speculation. Last night, within 30 minutes of one another, there were dueling reports about the Miami owner and Tannehill. One report said Ross was pushing to draft Tannehill, another one said the opposite. Just remember that most of what you're going to read and hear this week are just smokescreens, lots of false information will be floating out there.

Big D is going to land Barron. I love draft week. All this speculation we've been doing and in a few days we all will be proven wrong, LOL

I like that pick also. Just that I've been reading more on DeCastro and he is a beast

For my draft contest picks I am just going to throw a bunch of names into a hat for picks 3-32 and just draw them, and whatever order I draw them out is the order I am going with...

For my draft contest picks I am just going to throw a bunch of names into a hat for picks 3-32 and just draw them, and whatever order I draw them out is the order I am going with...

that's probably a smart thing dude. Let's say the Vikings select Blackmon or Claiborn and #3, do he Browns still ponder Richardson or do they take Kalil, and arguably have the best OT's in the league?

Thursday needs to get here already, I've read way too much draft speculation. Last night, within 30 minutes of one another, there were dueling reports about the Miami owner and Tannehill. One report said Ross was pushing to draft Tannehill, another one said the opposite. Just remember that most of what you're going to read and hear this week are just smokescreens, lots of false information will be floating out there.

I'm with you, Ary. I think half the rumors coming out now are just straight B.S. I wonder how much of this is just writers/scouts speculating just to get readers to look at their tweets, blogs, etc.

One rumor that is heating up (and I speculated on this months ago) is the DE Glenn Dorsey is on the trading block. We play a 3-4 and he needs/wants to be in a 4-3. We just re-worked Tyson Jackson's contract which I am happy about and shows that he will likely be here long term.

Just saw a mock draft that has the Jets picking Poe....ugh....

hahahaha, rumor is, Rex loves the guy. He ain't no Jenkins, that's for sure. They should stick with the Upshaw pick if he's there. He's good.

Yeah Jenkins or Ngata he is not....If they got someone from the trio of Ingram, Barron, Upshaw I'd be happy.

hahahaha, rumor is, Rex loves the guy. He ain't no Jenkins, that's for sure. They should stick with the Upshaw pick if he's there. He's good.

Yeah Jenkins or Ngata he is not....If they got someone from the trio of Ingram, Barron, Upshaw I'd be happy.

I reckon they will too. I wonder if Ingram will be available? I reckon Upshaw will for sure.

This makes me very happy Hanks. I'll be rooting for for this to happen lol.

Chances the Browns have a crappy draft? I'd say 85%

Its not that high. If it was previous gm's making the picks i would say yea but the last 2 drafts and his time before that in philly drafting mccoy, d jackson and jmac. Tom.heckert has a very good track record

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Craziest part is, I would say 12 teams love the guy. Someone said yesterday that he is just waiting to be coached into Warren Sapp.

Craziest part is, I would say 12 teams love the guy. Someone said yesterday that he is just waiting to be coached into Warren Sapp.

The dominating defensive lineman part or the filing for bankruptcy part?

Can he play 3-4 NT and 4-3 DT, or is he only a 3-4 NT?

I think that is the big question. One of the reasons so many are enamored with him, is because how raw and coachable he seems to be.

Ok so what was he doing all that time at Memphis? Waiting then too? And I'm not saying hes not a possible warren sapp but doesn't his lack of production in college say he's unmotivated and lazy?

Ok so what was he doing all that time at Memphis? Waiting then too? And I'm not saying hes not a possible warren sapp but doesn't his lack of production in college say he's unmotivated and lazy?

It could. It could also say "Late at maturation", "Poor Coaching", "Wrong System", and a lot more. Im not sticking up for the guy or even saying that he is better than most think, but I do believe his raw talent is worthy of the buzz. He is saying all the right things and his athleticism is extraordinary. The fact that he is talking about wanting to be a player rather than the usual "I am a player" is nice to see at times.

It could. It could also say "Late at maturation", "Poor Coaching", "Wrong System", and a lot more. Im not sticking up for the guy or even saying that he is better than most think, but I do believe his raw talent is worthy of the buzz. He is saying all the right things and his athleticism is extraordinary. The fact that he is talking about wanting to be a player rather than the usual "I am a player" is nice to see at times.

Good points. He's one of the more intriguing picks in this draft if not the most intriguing one. I'd love to see him fall into the second round where I'd have no problems at all seeing him picked by Dallas. I doubt he falls out of the first round though.

that still scares me.....I hope those 12 teams are more towards the back end of the 1st where they can afford to take a 'project' like him. they said the same thing about Dewayne Robertson when the Jets traded up to get him too back in the day

this. I mean he was at Memphis playing in Conf USA where he shoulda had 5 sacks in a game, not for his career just based on his size and strength alone

Back