2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are hilarious. sure makes my day at work go by quicker readingg the banter in this thread!

I cant wait to hang with Ole Gray..you are to funny

awwww we are going to have a blast good buddy! Now if we can the other newbies to get excited and join the fun it will add to the excitement. We all are going to have a great time. Life is too short, THP is too fun so I hope everyone will get pumped up and join the party :blob:

LOL, leave it to OG to start talking about keeping your balls warm. Ake, if you think you are ever making the trip to Orlando and Disney World, Universal Studios & Sea World, this would be the time. Seriously it would be the trip of a lifetime if you could swing it.

We got our own tricks to keep our balls warm, we are used to it! Me and some friends were actually talking about taking a trip to the us next year, but no further plans than that. Even though it is a lot of things to see, I guess I would get stuck on all the different golf courses over in Florida. But if the outing was in the winter months the trip would be a lot easier to sell to the rest of the household!

Oh, had to change my over avatar signature to honour OG`s comment!
<-----

I see lots of talk about teams and how to create them. So here's my stats: 6'3" a little thick in the middle with more gray hair than blond. I may not have the chronological age, but I play much older than I am. I think that places me firmly on a bunch of teams. I am so stoked about this event. I can't wait to see demo day, let alone swing the few clubs (driver & wedges) that I am most interested in. But most of all I cannot wait to meet so many others that love this game and every thing about it!

I really don't know what team I would fit on.... I'm not short, I'm not overly tall. I'm not fluffy, and I'm not real old (well, not Ole Gray old anyways). I am Canadian (or American, dual citizen)... ummm, yeah. I have the gray hair though, so maybe I fit best with the old dudes.

I really don't know what team I would fit on.... I'm not short, I'm not overly tall. I'm not fluffy, and I'm not real old (well, not Ole Gray old anyways). I am Canadian (or American, dual citizen)... ummm, yeah. I have the gray hair though, so maybe I fit best with the old dudes.

Bah, Ole Gray is a young'un, that would make you a whippersnapper IYAM.:wink:

What teams are these?

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Nothing official yet OEM, just pre outing speculation and banter. It's been going on for a few days, everyone is going stir crazy a little early huh?

Someone back out please lol

I now tap while I talk

I'm stoked for the team competition.

One request: don't bring back the pink ball.

For those that don't know, we played a scramble where one player rotated a pink ball.

If ya didn't lose it, you cut two strokes. We were dribbling it down the fairway all day.

I'm stoked for the team competition.

One request: don't bring back the pink ball.

For those that don't know, we played a scramble where one player rotated a pink ball.

If ya didn't lose it, you cut two strokes. We were dribbling it down the fairway all day.

Agreed that was stupid. Even though we won, if we had to do it over again, I would fire that pink ball out of bounds on the first hole and just play the rest of the day from there.

Im going to make what might be an unpopular post right now. The THP Golf Outing is considered by many, the ultimate weekend of golf. Demo Day, Contests, Banquet Dinner, Rounds of golf at a tour level course, and so much more. We are thrilled to death that so many have decided to spend their hard earned money and come be a part of the festivities.

We dont ask for much in return other than a couple of things.
If you participate in demo day, leave feedback about the equipment you tried.
And be an active participant on the THP Forums.

I dont think that is too much to ask for and I really do not think it is too hard to make a post every now and then and/or stay active in the forum. The amount of hard work that goes into these weekends dealing with over 50 companies, as well as the resort is not easy and it is the reason that we announce them so early.

This is not about those bringing guests. That is to be expected and we think that is wonderful. This is about the people that have signed up for the outing, but are really not a part of this forum. All we ask is that you become a part of it. This is not a golf weekend. This is the THP Golf Outing & Demo Day. A weekend for THP members.

Im not calling anybody out and I am not singling anybody out. All we ask is that you check in and chat with people and let them know you are coming. Be a part of the forum. Talk about this game we all love. And lastly, be a part of the community that hosts this event.

As I said above, I dont think it is a lot to ask for. However if you feel as though that it is too much trouble, send myself or GolferGal a private message. We would be happy to discuss it privately rather than publicly. It is important to us that this event stays a part of the THP Forum because without participation, one key part of this weekend that many love will go away.

We never wanted to set out and make standards or something of the sort to qualify for these weekends. Things such as minimum posts, or posts per month average. We assumed that signing up for such a weekend would mean people would want to be a part of the community. But we are quickly learning that it is not the case.

I will hop off this rant now, just please understand that this weekend means the world to myself and GolferGal as well as many of the people here. Those that are not active have plenty of time to be active between now and the outing. We hope they decide to do so. Thanks for listening.

Great post JB. I people arent excited for this event then they must not have a pulse. The comraderie alone is worth it but on top of that the facility is amazing. I have been checking out the website periodically and am just floored that I am going to be able to play these courses and use this facility.

Tap tap taparoo

Breeze, we still would've won anyway ;)

I do hope bushwood gets a chance to defend...I'm bringing A-game to this Outing.

A quick thought to anybody who signed up but is not being active on this forum: don't expect me to be too warm to you if you use this outing as a means to play an excellent resort on the cheap. To me, this is a weekend for me to get together with friends who I communicate with and whose face I have never seen and people who I only get to see once a year. If you show up and I know that you were not participatory on these wonderful forums, I won't really have anything to say to you and I am sure it is also true of many other THP members. This could be a fantastic weekend or a lonely weekend and the only difference is being active. I want to meet all active members, but if I felt like anybody was using THP to get an awesome golf vacation on the cheap, that person would be better off just not saying anything to me at all if they don't want to hear my strong thoughts. Don't take spots away from people I would actually want to meet.

If you are active, I will want to meet you and it is very easy to become active. If you become active just because of this trip, I respect that and will shake your hand with a smile and have a beer with you an probably help you crawl home after the villa crawl if you will help me too haha.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

A quick thought to anybody who signed up but is not being active on this forum: don't expect me to be too warm to you if you use this outing as a means to play an excellent resort on the cheap. To me, this is a weekend for me to get together with friends who I communicate with and whose face I have never seen and people who I only get to see once a year. If you show up and I know that you were not participatory on these wonderful forums, I won't really have anything to say to you and I am sure it is also true of many other THP members. This could be a fantastic weekend or a lonely weekend and the only difference is being active. I want to meet all active members, but if I felt like anybody was using THP to get an awesome golf vacation on the cheap, that person would be better off just not saying anything to me at all if they don't want to hear my strong thoughts. Don't take spots away from people I would actually want to meet.

If you are active, I will want to meet you and it is very easy to become active. If you become active just because of this trip, I respect that and will shake your hand with a smile and have a beer with you an probably help you crawl home after the villa crawl if you will help me too haha.

+1 except for the last part, I don't drink, but I do enjoy meeting people and talking golf. Well said SethO.

Great post JB!

This Outing is going to have a great twist to it that's for sure

Oh, had to change my over avatar signature to honour OG`s comment!
<-----

I think I hurt myself laughing so hard after looking at your sig :laughing::rofl::thumb: You guys from Norway got some pretty good humor good buddy :clapp:

I'll be there in spirit, as I am at every outing, and wish you all well. :)

Wish you were making it Sean, I would really love to tee it up with you sometime.

+1 well said SethO, my exact thoughts as well

Jb I like that post and I hope it gets people participating.. The more active members on THP the more I and everyone else can learn

Tap tap taparoo

Is that a crack about my weight? Jeeesh, give a guy a break!:beat-up::dohanim:

Hey wulf, if that ole hillbilly Gray is messing with you let me know I will take care of that old hound dog!! :stickbeat:

What teams are these?

Fictional teams for the outing!!

Breeze, we still would've won anyway ;)

I do hope bushwood gets a chance to defend...I'm bringing A-game to this Outing.

That would be fun to do but not likely with the team format, maybe a seperate round where team bushwood goes against "the staff" (JB, Puttinbird, Hanks and Hawk) Hmmm could be interesting. :banana:

Well said Seth and I will drink a beer ( or several ) with you at the outing or anytime!!!

Hey wulf, if that ole hillbilly Gray is messing with you let me know I will take care of that old hound dog!! :stickbeat:

Careful there, last time you talked smack about putting a beating on someone you choked...

I'm just ill I won't be there next year to whip your arse again, I kinda thought it would be yearly tradition, you know like Christmas, Easter, and Lebron not showing up in the playoffs.

--
tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back