2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful there, last time you talked smack about putting a beating on someone you choked...

I'm just ill I won't be there next year to whip your arse again, I kinda thought it would be yearly tradition, you know like Christmas, Easter, and Lebron not showing up in the playoffs.

--
tapatalk

Is that you SWFla? :D:laughing::rofl: I did not know you changed your forum name . You got to keep me up to date on these important issues as I might have been in one of my skimming modes.

Gray could be on like 12 teams.

Most pairs of overalls team
Oldest
Most times falling asleep at the turn
Most bottles of Metamucil packed
Biggest walker at the outing
Most pet snakes
Biggest insiders
Most times being beaten by the wives
Most camo golf wear team
Etc Etc
And of course...JB's team, because I would team up with him any day.

Is that you SWFla? :D:laughing::rofl: I did not know you changed your forum name . You got to keep me up to date on these important issues as I might have been in one of my skimming modes.

I sent yall a pigeon with a note, sorry rascal must'a took a wrong turn on the way up yonder.

--
tapatalk

Careful there, last time you talked smack about putting a beating on someone you choked...

I'm just ill I won't be there next year to whip your arse again, I kinda thought it would be yearly tradition, you know like Christmas, Easter, and Lebron not showing up in the playoffs.

tapatalk

I was not referring to golf with my post about old Gray. :act-up:

And as far as you go, I too am kinda bummed you wont be there this year. I enjoyed our round together even if I spent much of it watching my ball fly into the water. As long as it is not the Squire course, I would be happy to tee it up again with you any time!!! Who knows, next time might be a different outcome! :bananadance:

I sent yall a pigeon with a note, sorry rascal must'a took a wrong turn on the way up yonder.

--
tapatalk

mmmm... pigeon! Tastes like....Pigeon!

If you are active, I will want to meet you and it is very easy to become active. If you become active just because of this trip, I respect that and will shake your hand with a smile and have a beer with you an probably help you crawl home after the villa crawl if you will help me too haha.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Villa Crawl!! Now we're talking!!!

Oldest
Most pet snakes
Biggest insiders
Most camo golf wear team
Etc Etc

JB, that list had me literally laughing out loud like a maniac!!!

Is camo with cargo shorts allowed? Time to start shopping!!

And of course iron covers in use - can't forget those bad boys!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Oldest
Most pet snakes
Biggest insiders
Most camo golf wear team
Etc Etc

Aww thanks big guy :drinks:! We got to get Golfer Gal on the ball so you can be on my "Most times being beaten by the wives" team :D! It's lonely down here taking all these arse whuppings by myself :beat-up::crying:

I'm gonna have to get my post count up so that I can hang with SethO :alien:

I'm gonna have to get my post count up so that I can hang with SethO :alien:

LOL, yeah, you had better get to work. Maybe you could make a video. :D

Oldest
Most pet snakes
Biggest insiders
Most camo golf wear team
Etc Etc

Jb that was hillarious! I laughed out loud

Tap tap taparoo

No word from TC, Uncle Daddy, One-T yet? Something's got to give here folks!

We didn't make the cutoff OG. You know me, I'm always pessimistic about these things filling up quickly and THP'ers proved me wrong. It's a great day to see an outing full 10 months in advance.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Im going to make what might be an unpopular post right now. The THP Golf Outing is considered by many, the ultimate weekend of golf. Demo Day, Contests, Banquet Dinner, Rounds of golf at a tour level course, and so much more. We are thrilled to death that so many have decided to spend their hard earned money and come be a part of the festivities.

We dont ask for much in return other than a couple of things.
If you participate in demo day, leave feedback about the equipment you tried.
And be an active participant on the THP Forums.

I dont think that is too much to ask for and I really do not think it is too hard to make a post every now and then and/or stay active in the forum. The amount of hard work that goes into these weekends dealing with over 50 companies, as well as the resort is not easy and it is the reason that we announce them so early.

This is not about those bringing guests. That is to be expected and we think that is wonderful. This is about the people that have signed up for the outing, but are really not a part of this forum. All we ask is that you become a part of it. This is not a golf weekend. This is the THP Golf Outing & Demo Day. A weekend for THP members.

Im not calling anybody out and I am not singling anybody out. All we ask is that you check in and chat with people and let them know you are coming. Be a part of the forum. Talk about this game we all love. And lastly, be a part of the community that hosts this event.

As I said above, I dont think it is a lot to ask for. However if you feel as though that it is too much trouble, send myself or GolferGal a private message. We would be happy to discuss it privately rather than publicly. It is important to us that this event stays a part of the THP Forum because without participation, one key part of this weekend that many love will go away.

We never wanted to set out and make standards or something of the sort to qualify for these weekends. Things such as minimum posts, or posts per month average. We assumed that signing up for such a weekend would mean people would want to be a part of the community. But we are quickly learning that it is not the case.

I will hop off this rant now, just please understand that this weekend means the world to myself and GolferGal as well as many of the people here. Those that are not active have plenty of time to be active between now and the outing. We hope they decide to do so. Thanks for listening.

Going to bump this and give it some love.. I also think Seth hit it on the nose as well.

I didn't have many relationships or roots built when i skipped the signups for the last two. I also belong to an awesome course that I would play over most any day of the week. This trip for me is all about building friendships with people I interact with on a daily basis and I'll be pretty uninterested in spending my limited time talking to someone who I don't recognize from the forum.. No offense to you, but there are 60+ people going and a very limited amount of time to enjoy their company.. If you're not on actively posting, I'm probably not going to be too focused on building a relationship.. Frankly, the fact that I get to golf and test a boatload of equipment is a bonus to what I am making the trip for.

It is what it is, and I hope I recognize your screen name when you tell me it, cause you can expect me to ask!! I just flat out cannot wait to meet a ton of you guys!!

Looks like it could be a cool reception for those that don't want to fully join the fun. I hope not, but I have to agree given the number of folks that are extremely active that missed the signup.

We didn't make the cutoff OG. You know me, I'm always pessimistic about these things filling up quickly and THP'ers proved me wrong. It's a great day to see an outing full 10 months in advance.

Wait, what?

You three have to go. There's got to be something we can do. It would feel weird to not have you there, plus you're half the entertainment.

I'm not one who generally gets all excited for something a year in advance, but this has me chomping at the bit to hurry up and get here, lol. I had to miss last years and regretted it big time, so as soon as this rolled around I jumped on it pretty quickly. For those who have never been, believe me when I say that you will never want to miss another.

I'm not one who generally gets all excited for something a year in advance, but this has me chomping at the bit to hurry up and get here, lol. I had to miss last years and regretted it big time, so as soon as this rolled around I jumped on it pretty quickly. For those who have never been, believe me when I say that you will never want to miss another.

I am stoked duey, I joined at the end of 2010 and wanted so badly to jump on a couple of spots that opened up after OG & KB had talked with me about how much they loved the outing. I have an expensive trip to Hawaii coming up in September and could not justify the expense this year, I don't plan to miss in the future and look forward to meeting you in Orlando. I find myself checking this thread every time I see a post and I get super excited each time I see JB or GG post in here hoping it is an announcement.

Two of my favorite pictures of the North/South Course.

GolfSouth2BlogSize-L.jpg

Grand-Cypress-Golf-L.jpg

JB you have a good eye...great shot of the two nines at sunset. That par 5 shot is nice as well. How much of the corner did you cut off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB you have a good eye...great shot of the two nines at sunset. That par 5 shot is nice as well. How much of the corner did you cut off?

I dont try to cut the corner at all really.
I dont go for it in two. Risk reward for me on a hole like this.
Usually hybrid off the tee. Iron to in front of the water and then small wedge to put it close.
Course management is my game since I am not long off the tee.

I dont try to cut the corner at all really.
I dont go for it in two. Risk reward for me on a hole like this.
Usually hybrid off the tee. Iron to in front of the water and then small wedge to put it close.
Course management is my game since I am not long off the tee.

Have you played the south/west or north/west combo yet? The west is fun

Beautiful pics JB. I will be ready for the traps next year! I've been practicing and I have it now!!

Beautiful pics JB. I will be ready for the traps next year! I've been practicing and I have it now!!

I need your help then, all of a sudden I am a lousy bunker player.

Just realized I haven't posted in here yet that the Mrs and I are returning for round 3 of THP Outing goodness. Can't wait to hear the details of the competition and all the other planned activities.

And the Mrs is at least as excited as me to get back to the outing. She kept pestering me until I signed us up again. Can't complain about that!

That is excellent news!! I hope to get a round in with Mrs. G4L this outing but even if not can't wait to share another Outing with you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back