2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand by your convictions bro, it's all in good fun! Take what everyone says with a grain of salt. These are all big boys and girls. As far as I can tell this outing will be epic and those that have shared time on this thread are going to have a blast!
Next time markawesome gets in your stuff ask him about his Jaws wedges and what they do....

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Lol, ur hilarious, hopefully I can get a round with you :)

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

The one water hole with the reeds straight out was cool b/c I hit the water and skipped it up on the green :)

That course destroyed me.

I love the little par 3 up against the water. Great hole.

You gotta be careful on those water holes. Ppl always think they can cut more than they really can. Double bubble is always lurking

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Wow, looks like a lot of water :( haha

Couple of things.
Never eaten mullet in my life.
Gray should not be allowed near a beer and a computer at the same time.
Gray should be banned from this thread for the next few months until we get closer to the outing for the horrible spew he is giving out.
Is there any way I can have the last 5 minutes of my life back from having to read that?

Not drunk just crazy I guess. I have actually been at the gym for two hours tonight working extra hard.
I just banned myself from this thread for awhile (penalty not certain) so focus can be on the right topic.
Have fun, talk outing, and behave to the best of your abilities!

That right there should give OG the tremors. Another internet golfer claimed on that trip.

There are some pics there that remind me of our round. The par 5 with trees down the right and the humps on the left. I played on the other side of the humps all the way to the green haha.

What a great course. I almost forgot how tough it was until I saw Kelly's pics.

did matty just set the record for most posts on just 1 single page??

did matty just set the record for most posts on just 1 single page??

Haha I can't multi quote in tapatalk

They let us"checkout" equipment for rounds , it was a little like a free for all! I took an r11 driver and a 7 iron cg16 and 6 iron burner.

I don't think whole sets were checked out as thereweretons of people wanting to try everything but I could be wrong

You can check out full sets if they are available and no one else wants the same, otherwise you share.

Hawk and KB, thanks for the pics, I am really looking forward to this outing, the course looks great!

great pics Hawk and KB thanks for posting them!

This thread isn't as fun as it was last night..

Thanks for posting the link to some pics of the course Hawk. It brought back memories from a couple weeks ago. I can't wait to play GC again, especially when the greens are in great shape.

The thread hasn't been fun cause I've been away on business. I'll be in my hotel later and we'll have some fun. Hawk rules!

The thread hasn't been fun cause I've been away on business. I'll be in my hotel later and we'll have some fun. Hawk rules!

Canadian bacon ftw!!

Every time I see pics from the course I am reminded of how badly I need to work on my sand game!

Every time I see pics from the course I am reminded of how badly I need to work on my sand game!

I agree buddy, OG has talked with me about the sand and how easy it is to find on those courses. Sand practice should be a priority for us all.

The sand is plentiful and easy to find.

as is water

I am hoping to avoid both this year.

I don't think that will be possible from what I have heard and seen about these courses. Good luck with that.

Grand Cypress Golf is about knowing and trusting your yardages. Its about playing smart golf rather than just hitting far and hard. At the new course its about knowing the distances to avoid pot bunkers which can look like they are everywhere, laying up when needed, and being good around the greens. On the North/South its about "working" your way around the course. Playing smart golf and taking your medicine after a bad shot to avoid the big number.

Scores can be had out there and its one of my favorite courses around, but there are lots of hazards and bunkers and knowledge of your distances and off the tee and around the course is crucial.

Grand Cypress Golf is about knowing and trusting your yardages. Its about playing smart golf rather than just hitting far and hard. At the new course its about knowing the distances to avoid pot bunkers which can look like they are everywhere, laying up when needed, and being good around the greens. On the North/South its about "working" your way around the course. Playing smart golf and taking your medicine after a bad shot to avoid the big number.

Scores can be had out there and its one of my favorite courses around, but there are lots of hazards and bunkers and knowledge of your distances and off the tee and around the course is crucial.

And when will you course strategy books with these different distances be available in the THP shop for purchase? hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back