2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will all know in about a month OG.

Well it appears that they have handicappers spread across the board so their Team appears to be legit however something feels fishy about it... Not sure what to expect.

Well it appears that they have handicappers spread across the board so their Team appears to be legit however something feels fishy about it... Not sure what to expect.

I am sure all will be well Gray, if not we'll all have 7-8 months to complain about it...LOL

Well I am sure they would not pad any teams to make it favor their chances huh?

Since every team will be competing against each other, it would not make a whole lot of sense to pad any team. Each of the teams will be trying to compete to win as well as trying to beat Team THP. Team THP is not part of the regular competition (as we have outlined it is a separate competition).

Why would we pad one team and make it unfair for others Gray? That would not make a whole lot of sense would it? And it would be really hard to fake Team THP since it is made up of staff members.

I think the only thing that smells fishy is that diaper you have on that needs a change or (and even more probable), you are already back pedaling preparing for the epic demise of old man river. The same fate you have suffered each and every other time you have teed it up on the same property as yours truly. Of course being that you are going to someplace called Cypress Gardens, who knows.

Since every team will be competing against each other, it would not make a whole lot of sense to pad any team. Each of the teams will be trying to compete to win as well as trying to beat Team THP. Team THP is not part of the regular competition (as we have outlined it is a separate competition).

Why would we pad one team and make it unfair for others Gray? That would not make a whole lot of sense would it? And it would be really hard to fake Team THP since it is made up of staff members.

I think the only thing that smells fishy is that diaper you have on that needs a change or (and even more probable), you are already back pedaling preparing for the epic demise of old man river. The same fate you have suffered each and every other time you have teed it up on the same property as yours truly. Of course being that you are going to someplace called Cypress Gardens, who knows.

haha This man could have made a living as a stand up his wit is so sharp. Ok so it's obvious that your Team THP is fair and not stacked. It makes it all the more interesting when Hawk or Hanks or "The Breeze" comes on here and says you guys are going to wax the field?

I can't wait to see folks play to their hdcp on the north/south after a full day of hitting clubs. The teams are going to great but I imagine there is going to be a lot of ' I don't usually play this bad' or I'm sorry guys I thought I could carry the pond. I've been there done that on these courses.

Kongfrontation

I can't wait to see folks play to their hdcp on the north/south after a full day of hitting clubs. The teams are going to great but I imagine there is going to be a lot of ' I don't usually play this bad' or I'm sorry guys I thought I could carry the pond. I've been there done that on these courses.

Kongfrontation

You mean when the guy from TX says there was snow on the ground until April and has not been able to practice?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Kongfrontation

I would be surprised to see a lot of people play to their handicap, especially most having never played this course in particular.

Kongfrontation

Well some people have those kinds of days though? Plus it's going to be slightly early in the season so the northerners are going to be behind. Not making excuses for anyone though.

Hey I make my own excuses... Being from the north I will be behind... LOL

Well some people have those kinds of days though? Plus it's going to be slightly early in the season so the northerners are going to be behind. Not making excuses for anyone though.

As I said in my quote, been there done that.

Kongfrontation

Guys, he is not indicting the golfers, but praising the difficulty of the courses.

Hey I make my own excuses... Being from the north I will be behind... LOL

Let's see that makes Hawk, Hanks, and The Breeze behind,,,, which is half of THP's team..

As I said in my quote, been there done that.

Kongfrontation

Tell me about it lol...worst feeling ever. Sometimes its literally just the course that tears you a new one (which it sounds like GC will do from what everyone has said about it). So many courses down here that are seemingly impossible for me because of length needed to avoid hazards.

Way too much seriousness in such a joyous thread.

Signed,

11.7 Internet handicap playing to a real life 32.1 handicap. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Let's see that makes Hawk, Hanks, and The Breeze behind,,,, which is half of THP's team..

Funny Gray, I wonder why you are not saying anything about the other half of Team THP. Hmmmm.
Are you already backpedaling from your tower of power nonsense against the other golfers? I guess all that talk did not apply to myself and P4B.
All making sense. Is it hard to backpedal in a diaper? :act-up:

Tell me about it lol...worst feeling ever. Sometimes its literally just the course that tears you a new one (which it sounds like GC will do from what everyone has said about it). So many courses down here that are seemingly impossible for me because of length needed to avoid hazards.

Obviously for another thread, but if you cant get past hazards, move up a tee.
Again, obviously for another thread as this is the outing thread.
We would love to have you at the outing though. I look forward to that short game challenge you issued...haha

Funny Gray, I wonder why you are not saying anything about the other half of Team THP. Hmmmm.
Are you already backpedaling from your tower of power nonsense against the other golfers? I guess all that talk did not apply to myself and P4B.
All making sense. Is it hard to backpedal in a diaper?

Oops my bad for forgetting P4B. He is from up younder too so he may be a bit rusty. I know you and GolferGal are Floridians so you guys are always in golf shape. The Tower of Power fears no one or Team and will be ready for all comers. Bring on the matches!

Obviously for another thread, but if you cant get past hazards, move up a tee.
Again, obviously for another thread as this is the outing thread.

I meant like hazards put in the perfect spots so no matter how far you hit it its going to challenge you to hit a good shot.

edit- Haha yea I am really hoping I can make it. I also hope my short game is better then it has been this week otherwise I know I will embarass myself more then I would have already done so lol

All making sense. Is it hard to backpedal in a diaper? :act-up:

Gray you are crazy, first of all, I can golf year round, second do you even know who is on Team THP?

The beauty of GC is that from any set of tees you can play conservatively off the tee on the tougher holes instead of trying to over power it. It requires more thinking than is does anything else. Yea you still have to hit shots but if you are creative you can get around the course and enjoy yourself.
I'm sure the distraction of being with friends new and old will keep everyone occupied and the golf will be important but the memories will take top billing

Kongfrontation

Gray you are crazy, first of all, I can golf year round, second do you even know who is on Team THP?

Yep. Let's see there's Captain JB, GolferGal, CoolBreeze, Hawk, P4B, & Hanks... Six of ya and you guys are against the world. Tough to beat all of us huh?

edit: Team THP Staff. All of us are Team THP!

Yep. Let's see there's Captain JB, GolferGal, CoolBreeze, Hawk, P4B, & Hanks... Six of ya and you guys are against the world. Tough to beat all of us huh?

Silly Gray. We have to beat 10 other teams of 6. Not one team of 66. Just as you and your team will have to beat Team THP as well as every other team too. Knowing that they have you on their team, I suspect there will not only be 5 other golfers thinking about backing out of the outing, but there will be 9 other teams thrilled to death that they are not having to deal with these checks that you wont be able to cash.

And Im not the captain....Our team is made up of all captains.

I guess I better get the always go for it out of my head before the outing

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I will practice my trophy lifting. Maybe some water skipping also. Team THP is lame although CB grows a sweet handlebar. He looks mean too. Is there going to be a short game contest? I plan on winning that as well.

Can't wait to get Long Tom in my hands at the outing so I can be called the second coming of Belbs!! :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back