2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

I don't mean to rain on the GMac Furyk parade, but there's no guarantee the winner comes from one of those two.

Watch out for Dufner, Tiger, Westy, or any of the other +2 to +4 guys. I just don't think it's easy to say what'll happen with this course.
If I was betting Fuyrk/McDowell versus the field I would absolutely take the field. 2 strokes is not a lead you can expect to protect on Sunday at any major, let alone the US Open.

What a horrible finish for Tiger...wasted 3 shots easily on those last three holes. Like the Hossler kid! I think Gmac is going to take it.

I really think Furyk has a fighting chance and I'm rooting for him but GMac may take the win! You never know what may happen tomorrow though!

I would love to watch this year's Open, but final group teeing off at midnight? No go.

Anyone have a count how many times tiger dropped his club after a hit? I hate that crap. Even worse is my young son seeing it. On tv even just dropping it can look like he is throwing it. I used to root for this jerk.

Anyone have a count how many times tiger dropped his club after a hit? I hate that crap. Even worse is my young son seeing it. On tv even just dropping it can look like he is throwing it. I used to root for this jerk.

I counted 7, at least. Even worse though, he may have had a dip in.

People are making it seem as though Woods is out of this thing and I dont think that is the case at all. Heck, since Tiger has been "back", he routinely plays 3 really good rounds of golf and one Foley round of golf. That would mean that he is all set to make a run today and with the Sunday setup I am expecting, guys could/would/should back up to good golf.

People are making it seem as though Woods is out of this thing and I dont think that is the case at all. Heck, since Tiger has been "back", he routinely plays 3 really good rounds of golf and one Foley round of golf. That would mean that he is all set to make a run today and with the Sunday setup I am expecting, guys could/would/should back up to good golf.

He's taking the Dufner approach to a tournament, I see.

I dunno JB, while I'm not on the level of MWard with my tiger fandom, I do like the guy. But that round yesterday compared to the previous two rounds was night and day. It was miss after miss through the round, not sure how he didn't go higher than 75. I just think he may try to press and just overdo it.

But, we shall see, all I know us that it's going to be an awesome Sunday for golf! So many folders in contention is phenomenal.

I would love to watch this year's Open, but final group teeing off at midnight? No go.

But you can get up early and see the end :thumb:

I don't mean to rain on the GMac Furyk parade, but there's no guarantee the winner comes from one of those two.

Watch out for Dufner, Tiger, Westy, or any of the other +2 to +4 guys. I just don't think it's easy to say what'll happen with this course.

While I kind of agree, I kind of don't. Gmac and Furyk have played 3 exceptional rounds of golf, two of those together. I think there will be a comfort level there for both of them. As much as I want to see a specific Englishman work his way into the fold, I think this tournament comes down to these two guys.

He's taking the Dufner approach to a tournament, I see.

I dunno JB, while I'm not on the level of MWard with my tiger fandom, I do like the guy. But that round yesterday compared to the previous two rounds was night and day. It was miss after miss through the round, not sure how he didn't go higher than 75. I just think he may try to press and just overdo it.

But, we shall see, all I know us that it's going to be an awesome Sunday for golf! So many folders in contention is phenomenal.

You might be right, but if we want to forget TW's past success (which at times its hard not to do), we cannot forget his recent success and it always seems to dictate 3 our of 4 rounds. I think he plays well today. Maybe not well enough to win, because to me that is firmly planted on one of the guys in front of him. But I think he plays well. My prediction for his play was just a day off though. I predicted good 1st, bad second. Turned out it was good 1st and 2nd and bad 3rd. I absolutely knew that TW would give us at best 3 rounds.

OK, chunky your case will be headed your way very soon.

what will be the winning score of the US open? The way Gmac and JF are playing I'm thinking -2 wins. Oh and Tiger has shown he can't go deep on this course so he out of it. Westy may have another solid under his belt. and then there is Jrod's pick....it's gonna be good.

You might be right, but if we want to forget TW's past success (which at times its hard not to do), we cannot forget his recent success and it always seems to dictate 3 our of 4 rounds. I think he plays well today. Maybe not well enough to win, because to me that is firmly planted on one of the guys in front of him. But I think he plays well. My prediction for his play was just a day off though. I predicted good 1st, bad second. Turned out it was good 1st and 2nd and bad 3rd. I absolutely knew that TW would give us at best 3 rounds.

The ole quote myself here....
The good news is that when I am right, the TW fans will be here tonight.

TIger could be the new Lee.

Did you see Lee's post round interview yesterday? Now that was a good interview. When asked about deserving a Major Championship he said no way, that Majors aren't deserved, instead they are earned. I like it. I like his attitude. I think he attacks this course today and it either puts him in position or destroys him.

You know you haven't picked right with TW all year :alien:
The ole quote myself here....
The good news is that when I am right, the TW fans will be here tonight.

You know you haven't picked right with TW all year :alien:

I picked right yesterday....ahem, and I was pretty close to alone on that pick. :D

You are correct sir, you did...I picked wrong all the way around. now i owe Chunky 24 kegs...at least that how they look next to him.
I picked right yesterday....ahem, and I was pretty close to alone on that pick. :D

You are correct sir, you did...I picked wrong all the way around. now i owe Chunky 24 kegs...at least that how they look next to him.

HAHAHA. If you send him the Mini Keg cans, he will think he got a great bargain because they will look like a full keg in those Belb smurf like hands.

Bold prediction: Tiger will not be the 54 hole leader.

Bold Prediction for Sunday: Tiger will finish outside the top 10

Let's make it 2/2

That was an EPIC prediction yesterday, HAM was not on the Tiger Menu....:banana:
Bold Prediction for Sunday: Tiger will finish outside the top 10

Let's make it 2/2

I blew the pooch yesterday with my predictions. I had Tiger penciled in for a 68 and Phil for a 65. Ooops.

Phil has to have one low round in him, right?

Who wins this thing today fellas?

This tourny is so up in the air right now, and it's hard to root for one when there are so many great players up there. I like the Dufner and Dufner jr pairing, that's going to be some good golf. I think Tiger grinds his way back up top, not sure if he'll win, but I think he'll post something special tomorrow.

I miss old Tiger golf!

My wife and I will both be pulling for GMac today, for different reasons. I like him because he seems like a normal dude you can grab beers with, run your mouth back and forth to each other, and not get his panties all in a bunch.

My wife just thinks hes hot and loves his personality on the course and in interviews. Hell, she even recorded Morning Drive those 2 days he hosted before Memorial.Yestd was the first time she said 'not a good look for you Graeme', in reference to that tight purple shirt where you could see his belly donut.

More GMAC coverage and I might need to get match.com loaded up again. I'd still rather see Westy win though.

My wife and I will both be pulling for GMac today, for different reasons. I like him because he seems like a normal dude you can grab beers with, run your mouth back and forth to each other, and not get his panties all in a bunch.

My wife just thinks hes hot and loves his personality on the course and in interviews. Hell, she even recorded Morning Drive those 2 days he hosted before Memorial.Yestd was the first time she said 'not a good look for you Graeme', in reference to that tight purple shirt where you could see his belly donut.

More GMAC coverage and I might need to get match.com loaded up again. I'd still rather see Westy win though.
He hangs at a pub across from Nona quite often when he is in town. If you catch him on the right night, he will shut it down. Hard not to root for him

LOL, your posts crack me up. I want a Westy win as well but it won't happen. I didn't even sub him in my fantasy lineup for fear of the jinx. I'd be happy with a Gmac win for sure.

Back