2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the villas are the same size. Sleeps 4 either two couples or 4 singles. Again, I'll handle that end and start a thread as we get closer.

I want to know who's gonna get a proper fitting this year?

Uh.....most definitely.

I'm still waiting on the ball. Maybe you guys will play your day to day gamer.

I'm curious too. Have been looking but couldn't find it. I know a lot of Cobra guys use Titleist, maybe they'll come on board.

All the villas are the same size. Sleeps 4 either two couples or 4 singles. Again, I'll handle that end and start a thread as we get closer.

I am definitely getting a fitting. If available I would strongly consider a trip to Bridgestone HQ!

It's another great day around here. That message has me fired up and ready to rock this thing. I love hearing all of your excitement and things your nervous about, thanks for the replies guys. I am excited to listen to everyone's daily updates on this journey. Guys like Smallville, Hawk and TBT literally transforming their golf game right before us on the forum daily was awesome to go through with them.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the kind words

Question time:

What format of the weekend will you be looking forward to the most? I know none of that has been announced yet, but from the Vets, lets hear about experiences from last year, and for the rookies, maybe some insight into similar style competitions you have done before, or just your opinion.

I prefered the team events to singles....maybe because I played so bad on Sunday...LOL

I really enjoyed both of the team formats last time. The most fun I have ever had playing golf was that day. This year I am really looking forward to the singles as I need a little redemption.

I'm TBT and I approve that last message!

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out as far as the competition side is concerned. If team a beats team 'b' in one match how do you match them against the two other teams. There has to be one winner, right?

I promise you, Josh has something up his sleeve....and I am sure it will be awesome and fair for everybody

I know this is a ways away but i was curious who got down to True Blue first for the MC last year... looks like i'll be off for a while before and a while after the event and i think i'd like to come down earlier rather than staying late. i'm thinking even 3-4 days earlier depending on a bunch of things.

I flew in late Wednesday last year and played Thursday morning....This year I am thinking if there is enough to do it of maybe coming in on Monday and leaving the following Monday....just make a whole dang week out of it!

I can crash in the shark van, just hope the chloroform filled rags don't make the journey.....

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....I choked on my Mt Dew!

Freddie, we really do appreciate you handling the villa arrangments, they were great and so easy to work with last year.

I definately plan on getting another fitting....why would you let one of the biggest OEM's in golf provide you with a bag full of custom gear and not get them FIT to you?

I'm hoping to do a fitting as well. If there isn't a company sponsored fitting center near. Would a GolfTec style fitting suffice?

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I'm hoping to do a fitting as well. If there isn't a company sponsored fitting center near. Would a GolfTec style fitting suffice?

I'd say that's certainly better than other options out there

Very much so, you will get a few shafts that can be used. Drivers and balls. Plus you can get your swing tweaked

Im definitely doing a fitting. If I an with Callaway, I will probably go to their fitting center in Orlando. Otherwise I will do it with my golftec coach.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to wait and see what sponsor I end up with before I commit to specific fitting comments..

I'd rather know what/where before i say how.

Lots of conversation going on in here. One thing we all need to kept an eye on is appropriate threads people!

The rate is based on 4 bodies in the villa $160 a night and is good for all nights. I'll post more as we get much closer to the event. But it's super affordable.

That is super cheap. Thank you so much for doing this.

I'm definitely doing a full blown fitting top to bottom.

I already had a fitting scheduled for Thursday. I guess I will ask for specs on that would fit me best from each of the four companies so I have that info. If my game changes a tremendous amount between my fitting and when we pick gear or however it works is i'll get another one.

I am getting fitted tomorrow for new irons. I hope to use them early in the week/practice rounds with you all!

I am getting that a few may arrive Tuesday & a few more Wednesday? I'd love to play some with y'all ahead of time. I have a place to stay, I just need to know when!

I know this is a ways away but i was curious who got down to True Blue first for the MC last year... looks like i'll be off for a while before and a while after the event and i think i'd like to come down earlier rather than staying late. i'm thinking even 3-4 days earlier depending on a bunch of things.

Thinking maybe leaving Finland on monday, and maybe getting to Myrtle Beach on tuesday, unless I make it roadtrip and drive from NYC to Myrtle Beach.

Thinking maybe leaving Finland on monday, and maybe getting to Myrtle Beach on tuesday, unless I make it roadtrip and drive from NYC to Myrtle Beach.

You think you want to...you don't.

Edit: road trip from NYC to MB that is.

That is a nice deal!

I'm going to a proper fitting, everything from club heads, shafts to grip size and lie angles!

You think you want to...you don't.

Edit: road trip from NYC to MB that is.

Why not? It's a 700 mile drive, given 24 hours time, it could be enjoyable. Is there a particular reason why I shouldn't consider it? :)

I'm not dying to do it, I just figured why not spend a day in a convertible driving trough the fine states of the east coast :snail:

Why not? It's a 700 mile drive, given 24 hours time, it could be enjoyable. Is there a particular reason why I shouldn't consider it? :)

I'm not dying to do it, I just figured why not spend a day in a convertible driving trough the fine states of the east coast :snail:

You certainly can do it if you enjoy 12-hour drives. Of course since you'd be traversing New York, Baltimore and Washington, DC, there's no telling what type of traffic you might hit if you hit a city at the wrong time.

Coming down wouldn't be so bad probably. It'd be the going back up when you're dead tired and just want to get to the airport so you can collapse on the flight home.

You certainly can do it if you enjoy 12-hour drives. Of course since you'd be traversing New York, Baltimore and Washington, DC, there's no telling what type of traffic you might hit if you hit a city at the wrong time.

Coming down wouldn't be so bad probably. It'd be the going back up when you're dead tired and just want to get to the airport so you can collapse on the flight home.

Maybe an extra 24 hours would make it fun, and not a painful ride. I've got to figure out how much time I could use, the thing is, now when I think about it, I'd rather spend an extra day on the course at Myrtle Beach :)

Maybe an extra 24 hours would make it fun, and not a painful ride. I've got to figure out how much time I could use, the thing is, now when I think about it, I'd rather spend an extra day on the course at Myrtle Beach :)

I know that dhjkelly spent a few days in NYC after the Morgan Cup, perhaps you could make an extended trip out of it.

Yeah, your definitely gonna hit a bunch of major cities and some major traffic that comes along with it while your on your way down. Add to that the construction on the highways right now and you'd be an aggravated dude by the time you get to FL.

I know that dhjkelly spent a few days in NYC after the Morgan Cup, perhaps you could make an extended trip out of it.

OR just play a crap ton more great golf haha

From following Harry Arnett on Twitter, sounds like a bunch of the Callaway guys are in Houston this week for a product launch. Can we put up the Batsignal for TripleBogieTim to get us some intel on this thing?

I was going to mention this as well. I can't wait to see what its for.

you guys think that great deal on extra rounds would extend to the days after the MC if we did want to stay around? (not sure if Id be staying at the resort though, which I dont think is a requirement for the original deal anyhow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back