2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I am trying to hold out but it really is not working..lol

Yup that ship has sailed. And you know what I have been checking out hard? Clothing.

Is it bad I am making notes from all the posts from the participants for 1st tee names? Is that bad?

Wonder if Antigua will return this year? I thought they did an amazing job and the voting thing was very cool.

Is it bad I am making notes from all the posts from the participants for 1st tee names? Is that bad?

Not at all. Best to start early.

Heck no! Hahahaha Kevin from dell might be the best ever though. I almost couldn't hold it in when Amol was on the tee

Not at all, I would be shocked if you (or GG) were not doing that. Some of the names used and the introductions over all were some of the funniest moments of the videos.

One-Two-Three Time Champ? I'm thinking best name ever

Wonder if Antigua will return this year? I thought they did an amazing job and the voting thing was very cool.

I agree- Cross has some sweet sweet gear too. The voting was great.

I have some work to do before I really concern myself with clothing. And (looking down ) I need to get that ball rolling a little faster.

Fitness thread for motivation bro - some crazy stories in there right now.

I have some work to do before I really concern myself with clothing. And (looking down ) I need to get that ball rolling a little faster.

Good on you Rhino. I made that my goal last year going on more so than any other part of my game. I was doing great until I hurt my back, but still ended up coming close to reaching my goal.

Im starting it again soon to go even lower and I think with THPers pushing me, I can get it done. While I am not playing this year, I saw the exhaustion set in on me for not being in the place I wanted to be.

Good on you Rhino. I made that my goal last year going on more so than any other part of my game. I was doing great until I hurt my back, but still ended up coming close to reaching my goal.

Im starting it again soon to go even lower and I think with THPers pushing me, I can get it done. While I am not playing this year, I saw the exhaustion set in on me for not being in the place I wanted to be.

Yea with some of the golfers in this competition some on my team might have to "carry me" a little on the golf course. I don't want to also have to ask then to carry me off the golf course because I was too badly out of shape. ( although round is a shape! :alien: )

Awesome news guys! Me too. I was actually a little embarrassed at how I looked in some of those pictures. With the wedding and working on my game my fitness went right out the window last year.

Yea with some of the golfers in this competition some on my team might have to "carry me" a little on the golf course. I don't want to also have to ask then to carry me off the golf course because I was too badly out of shape. ( although round is a shape! :alien: )

That is true it is hahahaha

Sunday was an exhausting day. My body just decided it didn't want to play golf anymore around the 14th hole. Mostly my lower body. I was toast when it went away.

Sunday was an exhausting day. My body just decided it didn't want to play golf anymore around the 14th hole. Mostly my lower body. I was toast when it went away.

It was very warm hahaha

I remember this feeling at the outing last year... not a fun feeling. OF course I was stupid and not drinking water like I should of been. Lesson learned!!

I am not in good shape but the one thing I don't get is tired. I can keep going. I still think that is the only reason I beat Dean. I just out lasted him. Heck I played more golf than anyone that weekend. My feet were literally bleeding though. That was awful. Walking around that course on Sunday was painful

There were a lot of people in that situation. Not everyone can be like chunky and play 108 holes of golf during MC week

A lot of what you guys are saying regarding fitness for the Morgan Cup is very real. This year was hard on the body. You don't think about it but your on the go from Wednesday to Sunday and that's not including travelling. The 2 rounds on Saturday are quite tough and the rain delay really didn't help.

I taught my fitness was in a good place but the heat and humidity really opened my eyes on what needs to be done for next year. You guys should keep an eye on the fitness thread for some great advice and motivation.

As a fitness instructor i'll gladly help anyone with their fitness be it golf or just general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back