2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this feeling at the outing last year... not a fun feeling. OF course I was stupid and not drinking water like I should of been. Lesson learned!!

We were lucky that the staff at True Blue was so great about water and towels

A lot of what you guys are saying regarding fitness for the Morgan Cup is very real. This year was hard on the body. You don't think about it but your on the go from Wednesday to Sunday and that's not including travelling. The 2 rounds on Saturday are quite tough and the rain delay really didn't help.

I taught my fitness was in a good place but the heat and humidity really opened my eyes on what needs to be done for next year. You guys should keep an eye on the fitness thread for some great advice and motivation.

As a fitness instructor i'll gladly help anyone with their fitness be it golf or just general

Awesome thoughts and offer my man!! I hope people take you up on that!

Just a little warm lol. Good thing I'm not really a sweater.

A lot of what you guys are saying regarding fitness for the Morgan Cup is very real. This year was hard on the body. You don't think about it but your on the go from Wednesday to Sunday and that's not including travelling. The 2 rounds on Saturday are quite tough and the rain delay really didn't help.

I taught my fitness was in a good place but the heat and humidity really opened my eyes on what needs to be done for next year. You guys should keep an eye on the fitness thread for some great advice and motivation.

As a fitness instructor i'll gladly help anyone with their fitness be it golf or just general

Ok come fly to Los Angeles and get me in the gym working out..LOL ( warning I can be very stubborn, thus the screen name fits!! )

No seriously, I appreciate the conversations we have had and the guidance you have provided so far.. I know change is a slow process and I am working on it, not gonna happen over night , I understand this.

hahahaha. MB in July is among the toastier places I've ever visited.

Me too bud. I was shocked at the humidity

I might train in a sauna in preparation

Wasn't quite as bad golfing, but Media Day was pretty harsh.

Didn't stop me from playing 9 holes afterwards though. Seeing those courses and not being able to play was killing me.

Ok come fly to Los Angeles and get me in the gym working out..LOL ( warning I can be very stubborn, thus the screen name fits!! )

No seriously, I appreciate the conversations we have had and the guidance you have provided so far.. I know change is a slow process and I am working on it, not gonna happen over night , I understand this.

You pay for the flights and i'll will travel. Fair play to you for wanting to make the changes and if there is anything i can do don't hesitate to shout.

I have a feeling we are gonna see an all new White Rhino in July

This is really good advice. I need some general core work to help keep my lower back from giving me fits.

Didn't stop me from playing 9 holes afterwards though. Seeing those courses and not being able to play was killing me.

Yeah I was impressed that you did that with everyone else who did. Better men than I

This is really good advice. I need some general core work to help keep my lower back from giving me fits.

So so true. I am guilty of this as well. I really neglect my core way more than I should. That and upping the cardio are #1 and #2 from here on out.

Nah lol. I hadn't got to play yet. True Blue was calling me.

I have been trying ( though it is very difficult ) to wait till I know who my sponsor is before I go looking at sites. Like I said, it is not easy.

I'm the same way Rhino. I've looked a little, but I don't want to get my heart set on a particular vendor, only to get assigned a different one. Yesterday at the golf store I did hit one of the sponsors I hadn't hit before, but I stayed away from another one I'd really enjoyed in the past just because I didn't want to get too attached to it.

Sounds like next week though we can quit eying all the pretty girls at the dance and just pick (er, be assigned) one to go steady with.

Luckily we'll have a chiropractor there this year! :alien: But in all seriousness, I can easily throw a portable table in the car and bring it with me. Anyone who needs a quick tune up or is hurting, dont hesitate to ask. You'd be surprised what that can do for flexibility as well!

Tapping from my Steve Jobs talking device

Luckily we'll have a chiropractor there this year! :alien: But in all seriousness, I can easily throw a portable table in the car and bring it with me. Anyone who needs a quick tune up or is hurting, dont hesitate to ask. You'd be surprised what that can do for flexibility as well!

I might just take you up on that.

That's pretty awesome of you brad.

JB - you definitely need to be taking notes already, never too early. I can't wait to hear the first tee announcements!

Knowing our sponsors will be great, but I can't stop thinking about who's going to fill out our team! So many great guys and great golfers that haven't been "picked" yet.

Dude there is gonna be a que of people outside your door

Is it bad I am making notes from all the posts from the participants for 1st tee names? Is that bad?
Well, I'm sure you will have no issues with me....move on to the next person. Ha!

That's cool to hear WR! I think all of us can improve our fitness/nutrition in some way or fashion leading into the MC! Myself included!

DCBrad with the cracking spines offer! Nice! Although, if I start now I'll probably have to get those adjustments every other week after!

Dude there is gonna be a que of people outside your door

Well, my team of course will get preferential treatment. :alien: I kid, I kid!

On a more serious note, if you really want to combat that low back pain, strengthening your core musculature will be huge for that. You would be surprised how much a weak core can affect your swing and the biomechanics of your spine. I will say one of the best exercises to do is "planking." The "bird dog" exercise works great as well. I will see if I can find a couple of videos and post them over in the fitness thread.

Don't mean to get off topic,

Not necessary for me lad. Think it's Howzat looking for the core strengthening. Thanks for the offer though.

I love hearing about guys wanting to others in TMC even though they are on different teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back