2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year it was round time. This year I already have my first lesson ever planned. I am gonna get to work on my game and go down and hurt people.
Really?! You're gonna hurt some people. I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

Most of my time will be spent on the range. I will hope to get 36 holes per weekend as well. I also need to get a lot of practice in with my victory speeches. It was the worst part of my game last year

36 per weekend is a boatload of golf Chunky...

your victory speech was awesome. don't let anyone else tell you any different. and when we win in 2013, you don't need to say anything...

Can the MC be tomorrow? Today's PB has got me amped up to build on this and really do work.

I like that prep, probably one of the best plans I've heard. I'm also going to practice some 3 footers in case my opponent doesn't give them to me. :alien:

Inside the leather and it's good! Wish I could have seen how mad T got........then again, maybe not.

One-T was not jovial during that round

I was there. One-T was not happy, I wouldnt have been either.
hahaha...I was not. But Chunky I was jovial during the round. Just not from 16 green and on.

Really?! You're gonna hurt some people. I'm just gonna sit back and watch.
Why are you surprised?

hahaha...I was not. But Chunky I was jovial during the round. Just not from 16 green and on.

Why are you surprised?
You might be one of the most laid back cats I know. Just surprised to see you say that. I like the fire!

Question for you MC'ers and non MC'ers as well:

What will/would be your concentration this year leading up to the Morgan Cup - range time or round time? And let's take the answer of "equally important" out of the equation. Will you be trying to get as many rounds in under your belt before the MC or will most of your time be spent on the practice area?

From now until May will be mostly range time with a series of 5 lessons already purchased. After that as much course time as work will allow including hitting up the lit par 3 course at night.

You might be one of the most laid back cats I know. Just surprised to see you say that. I like the fire!
I just want to kick some ass...drink some beers...and make new friends.

Bah...let's just go down and eat faces!

I'm down with two of them bro, but I will just be a kick ass volunteer

No such thing as "just" a volunteer. We really appreciate it and you will be just as much a part of the event as we will. Looking forward to meeting you.

If you are willing to give up your time and effort to be a volunteer, I tip my hand to you and will gladly stand you a pint

You guys are putting together some good plans. Looking forward to following along with you guys this spring.

Do any of you plan on playing in any competitive situations; local tournaments, golf leagues, etc; to familiarize yourselves with the adrenaline that will come once the MC is underway?

Truth! Volunteers are very important! Can't wait to meet you and everyone else

No such thing as "just" a volunteer. We really appreciate it and you will be just as much a part of the event as we will. Looking forward to meeting you.

You guys are putting together some good plans. Looking forward to following along with you guys this spring.

Do any of you plan on playing in any competitive situations; local tournaments, golf leagues, etc; to familiarize yourselves with the adrenaline that will come once the MC is underway?

For sure. The more pressure packed situations I can find the better. The Morgan Cup atmosphere is so hard to describe. It is competitive yet very friendly. There are cameras around yet you can still feel alone out there. Not sure anything can really get you ready.

Absolutely, but nothing will really prepare you for the first tee. I will be getting together with as many THPers as possible to play some match play too.

I'm going to play in some Golfweek Amateur Tour events locally.

67. I wrote about it in the What did you shoot thread.

Duuuuude. Nice round! That's my teammate! Save some for July!

For sure. The more pressure packed situations I can find the better. The Morgan Cup atmosphere is so hard to describe. It is competitive yet very friendly. There are cameras around yet you can still feel alone out there. Not sure anything can really get you ready.

It might be a good idea to get some practice rounds in with friends filming. My adrenaline seems to ramp up when cameras are on me. I hit some poor shots at the Atlanta Invitational every time JB showed up with his camera. I had a 3 jack from 15 feet while being filmed at the Mesquite Amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back